You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HaruSket

Atago forgotten ship

16 comments in this topic

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,014 battles

There is not much to say. Lower the recharge of the atago, not that it was a super cruiser so that it fires at 16 seconds with so many ships in the game they have forgotten the old ones. LOWER YOUR RECHARGE. It cannot compete with newer boats and even the new DDs. Lower your recharge to at least 12s, your firing range is 15km. you have to be fair.

• Meh 4

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
21,854 battles

I'd trade one of my Atagos in for a Kitakami

Members
2,185 posts
6,543 battles

Second model guns used a 33.8 kg (74.5 lb) powder charge to fire 8 in (203.2 mm) projectiles weighing 125.85 kg (277.5 lb) at a velocity of 835 m/s (2,740 ft/s).[5] These guns had a useful life expectancy of 320 to 400 EFC (Effective/Equivalent Full Charge). Rate of fire varied from four rounds per minute firing at low angles diminishing to two or three rounds per minute firing at maximum elevation.

• Cool 2

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles

She can be a challenging ship , I love her and do well in her . Her range is 15.6 km not 15 . I have many videos on her z Myoko and a few other IJ. Cruisers . When you see her not do well in battles the majority of the time it is from being deleted from broadside shots....Any Atqgo player who has a good winrate in her will be really aware of your surroundings  , (situational awareness) you have awesome fast reloading good damage  torps, 9.3 detection,  best in class HE .....To have all these things you are a glass cannon if broadside.....

[4TAC]
Members
3 posts
5,711 battles

I noticed that IJN line has very few premium. The only one good probly is the Shik but it's gonna take forever.

Having said that, I am actually thinking of getting the Atago, on paper she still seems okay, at least for my playstyle. 

[WPORT]
Members
10,953 posts
15,451 battles
17 minutes ago, cadgn_warrior said:

I noticed that IJN line has very few premium. The only one good probly is the Shik but it's gonna take forever.

Having said that, I am actually thinking of getting the Atago, on paper she still seems okay, at least for my playstyle. 

I welcomed the Takao to my Port, first.
I liked her so much, I welcomed the rest of her Sisters.

Atago   Atago B  ARP Takao   ARP Maya  

[CVA16]
Members
6,722 posts
20,715 battles
3 hours ago, Raven114 said:

Rate of fire varied from four rounds per minute firing at low angles diminishing to two or three rounds per minute firing at maximum elevation.

But in game the ROF, accuracy and  velocity are anything WG says it is. They can at a whim make any change they want, Making changes to an old boat like Atago is probably not even on their radar. Its not going get WG a big jump in sales to make the change. Keeping Atago where it is as a standard to measure  the new arrivals are showing they obvioulsy better than the existing stuff can  boost sales.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles
16 hours ago, HaruSket said:

There is not much to say. Lower the recharge of the atago, not that it was a super cruiser so that it fires at 16 seconds with so many ships in the game they have forgotten the old ones. LOWER YOUR RECHARGE. It cannot compete with newer boats and even the new DDs. Lower your recharge to at least 12s, your firing range is 15km. you have to be fair.

The Atago is a fine ship, and has been a solid ship for a long time. She's 10 accurate, 8" guns that hit reasonably hard, on a cruiser that can stealth torp if setup to do so. She's also part of the Myoko/Takao/Mogami/Ibuki style of cruisers, with similar strengths and weaknesses.

Great stealth, good guns, good speed, and torpedoes to cover your retreat that nobody wants to think about getting hit with. Her only real problem (beyond those typical of cruisers) is her Poor AA, which being a Japanese ship isn't terribly unusual. She gets a heal at tier 8, which when she was released was unique for cruisers.

She is also blessed with some of the most aggressive torpedo arcs found on Japanese cruisers above tier 5, even though they are still best used defensively.

[Y0L0]
Members
616 posts
26,078 battles

Supposedly it didn't have a Repair Party when released; it was added later because the morons playing it kept getting killed due to showing their side.

Atago is fine as it is. If it gets its reload time decreased, it should lose the Repair Party. Premiums shouldn't be stronger than tech tree ships.

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,014 battles
On 28/6/2021 at 8:26, Raven114 said:

Los cañones del segundo modelo utilizaron una carga de pólvora de 33,8 kg (74,5 libras) para disparar proyectiles de 8 pulgadas (203,2 mm) que pesaban 125,85 kg (277,5 libras) a una velocidad de 835 m / s (2740 pies / s). [5]  Estas armas tenían una esperanza de vida útil de 320 a 400 EFC (carga completa efectiva / equivalente). La velocidad de disparo varió de cuatro disparos por minuto disparando a ángulos bajos, disminuyendo a dos o tres disparos por minuto disparando a máxima elevación.

I loved your information. But remember that this is WG, if we talk about correct information the Yamato should take the nerf from it, and make all the ships come with their main statistics and how they are. WG always modifies even though historically it is different. WG used to follow the story, now it goes through the ... # $$% & then if they can make a change.

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,014 battles
On 28/6/2021 at 8:45, Meta_Man said:

Ella puede ser un barco desafiante, la amo y me va bien en ella. Su alcance es de 15,6 km, no de 15. Tengo muchos videos sobre ella z Myoko y algunos otros IJ. Cruceros. Cuando ves que no le va bien en las batallas, la mayoría de las veces es porque ha sido eliminada de los tiros laterales ... Cualquier jugador de Atqgo que tenga una buena tasa de victoria en ella estará realmente consciente de tu entorno, (conciencia de la situación) tienes impresionante recarga rápida buenos torps de daño, detección de 9.3, el mejor en su clase HE ..... Para tener todas estas cosas, eres un cañón de vidrio si estás de costado .....

Very much in agreement with what you say ... but now remember that there are DDs that kill cruisers, if you have a DD that shoots faster than you, they have better maneuverability and you cannot escape from it as you do to play? I am not saying that it is impossible to win it because everything depends on skill, but there are so many boats that it is really hard to follow the line. You have to be honest, no matter how good a player you are, you will have to think carefully about your movements in tier X if you don't want to be erased from the map, the atago is good, so just talk about its recharge.

[FURIA]
Members
64 posts
15,014 battles

I am not saying that the boat is bad if you realize it, I am talking about its recharging I am not talking about the rest, many kinds of boats have come out like the new German and French DDs that no longer have respect for cruisers and I speak because I am one from those. It is about putting yourself in both places as a player. The atago both Austin can easily erase them, it is useless to have 10 km torpedoes if a European dd can torpedo you easily and without you knowing where it is, if I already know, it has hydro but it does not last forever. Anyway, what I say is nothing more than that, improve your recharge

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
6,238 battles
On 6/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, cadgn_warrior said:

IJN has many premiums what are you talking about? It doesn’t help though that some reason fmthosenpremoums are only available during anime collaborations or certain times of the year. Tone was just released two weeks ago now go pick her up if you want something different. I have no idea on when the arp ships will return or Southern or Eastern Dragon. The battleship premiums they’re plenty of. Shinome can be obtained for free by grinding out it’s campaign.

[-BTP-]
Members
395 posts
13,094 battles

The Atago has been always a tricky ship to play. You need to be moving all the time. I find the torpedoes not much use anymore. It's AA is okay.