You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skyspartan

Stealth dispersion nerf?

18 comments in this topic

[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
9,958 battles

anyone noticing BBs being far less accurate then before deadeye?

also some crusiers are having a bad time like stalingrad

i feel it, my clan feels it, even randoms players feel it

was this a docmentend nerf i never heard of? 

• Boring 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

Wargaming has been known to nerf things and not say anything :Smile_hiding: 

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,369 posts
5,519 battles

I haven't experienced anything.

Nor have I heard of any of the sort.

Sounds like confirmation bias to me.

• Cool 1

Members
1,127 posts
9 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Wargaming has been known to nerf things and not say anything :Smile_hiding: 

AKA...getting pulled into a dark alley and mugged:Smile-angry:

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
14,323 posts

If it was a stealth nerf as you assert, how could it also be documented? Feelings arent the most reliable way to look for changes. For instance, I and many others used to feel that penetrating HE shells had a higher fire chance. Then someone tested it and found that it is the same as shattered shells and WG confirmed it.

• Funny 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts

I wouldn't be surprised if the torpedo issues we are seeing isn't also affecting the lock-on.

I have seen it quite a few times that my camera locks on a target that pops up, but the name above it is not updated to show the circle (or whatever that is) around it to indicate I am locked on. Quite a few times this has lead me to fire at the wrong ship as I thought I was locked onto one, but was in fact on another.

My hypothesis - and this is totally unfounded at this point - is that the camera lock-on and aim point setting on the minimap gets set client side, but the dispersion calculation etc. gets done server side. If there is a desync or the lock on information gets not transmitted correctly, then you will experience worse dispersion.

Now, since I have not figured out how to reproduce or analyses this proper, this is all speculation.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,113 posts
13,531 battles

Accuracy has been pretty consistent for me as a BB main.

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles

It is possible. It would explain why players seemingly miss with long range gunfire outside of 20km and yet are fairly accurate at 12km or less. That zone in between (12km to 20km) has made quite a few captains curse RNG. 

Some cruisers are having trouble hitting DDs. I had 3 petros in as many days miss me like I was not even there. 

But it could be that players are starting to get access to alcohol and in a cruiser, that is bad. 

I actually saw a Yosh sail wide and get deleted. My team mate was like "oh wow, boom shika bow wow!"

And I saw a Hindy (and this was disturbing even for me and Mr Hasselhoff) miss everything he fired at. 

In fact DD players are taking advantage of the misses and the Ms.Waifus of the players as well. LOL

BB players are concentrating so much, you can see that vein throbbing on their foreheads. 

It is a known fact that spinal fluid loss makes your eyes go wonky. And unless players are getting spinal taps, I think there is a more stranger thing going on. 

Because you only lose spinal fluid one other way clinically speaking, with sufficient effect, to make you have blurred vision. 

I would rather not say what that is though. Look it up. LOL:cap_look:

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,518 posts
11,033 battles
20 hours ago, Skyspartan said:

anyone noticing BBs being far less accurate then before deadeye?

also some crusiers are having a bad time like stalingrad

i feel it, my clan feels it, even randoms players feel it

was this a docmentend nerf i never heard of? 

Yep. Vermont was crazy accurate before deadeye came in.. now its mediocre compared to what it used to be. 

Funny thing is, over 200 battles in it before deadeye showing every salvo, every SINGLE salvo falling in a TIGHT dispersion even out to 30km and now its spread out (vertical) like it was being shiv'd in the rear end by an IJN BB tells you just how bad the ninja nerf on it was. 

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

Yep. Vermont was crazy accurate before deadeye came in.. now its mediocre compared to what it used to be. 

Funny thing is, over 200 battles in it before deadeye showing every salvo, every SINGLE salvo falling in a TIGHT dispersion even out to 30km and now its spread out (vertical) like it was being shiv'd in the rear end by an IJN BB tells you just how bad the ninja nerf on it was. 

If WG discovered a bug in the dispersion calc, they may have just “fixed” it, without letting anyone know.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,518 posts
11,033 battles
39 minutes ago, SeaGladius said:

If WG discovered a bug in the dispersion calc, they may have just “fixed” it, without letting anyone know.

'bug' ? OH you mean it was trouncing Slavas in long range battles? Yeah... bad bug. Had to be fixed ASAP. Of course. 

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,518 posts
11,033 battles

I'll just drop it here since its a good visual for the naysayers of ninja dispersion nerfs done by WG:

This is vermont accuracy BEFORE deadeye was in the game. 

You will not get this dispersion in the current vermont at all. The vertical has been increased noticeably. 

This same ninja nerf is what Yamato underwent the same patch Musashi came in. 

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

It’s hard to put much stock in YouTube videos.  Nobody posts their “average” games.  It’s always the game where their dispersion was God-like, and they were citadelling everything because all the red players were giving them perfect broadsides.

Now if anyone had screenshots of their average hit percentage which showed a definite decline, that would be more credible.

• Haha 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles

Every now and then BB players post up ridiculous conspiracy threads regarding dispersion.  You were the same guys that all came up with this stupid, sweeping "WG nerfed muh Missouri DIspersion!" bit of comedy a while back.  Even some CCs were on that stupid bandwagon.  It was funny seeing it squashed.

• Cool 1

[TSF]
Members
558 posts
15,270 battles
12 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

^This

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,399 posts
4,771 battles
12 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

I'll just drop it here since its a good visual for the naysayers of ninja dispersion nerfs done by WG:

This is vermont accuracy BEFORE deadeye was in the game. 

You will not get this dispersion in the current vermont at all. The vertical has been increased noticeably. 

Oh really, can you provide evidence, screen shot evidence of Yamato's verticle dispersion before and after Musashi was added? The hard numbers will be there. Can even use the WoWS fitting tool comparisons. As I have not noticed my Yamato being any less accurate before and after Musashi was added.

~Hunter

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles

I don't know...my FDG has great dispersion right now, maybe I should just slink off to the edge of the map for this discussion. 

I know that Petro damage averages in maple syrup are down about 10K, just slightly better than Moskva now. Moskva did not get any better I'm sure. Silent nerf for Petro MAYBE.....

Stalingrad damages are 88K, versus 67K for Petro, and 62k for Moskva.

Edited by Ericson38