You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree, 25-27 June 2021.

21 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles

Bought the Yukon, took her for a few spins against the bots. Am impressed.

Did Naval Battles and some PTS.

IRL stuff meant that this was one of those weekends where not all that much got done.

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

I did a crap load of cleaning this weekend, also some organizing. Struggled with headaches and stomach issues so i couldnt do all that wanted :(

In game though:

I got GFK, and Henri IV.

Broke 3k exp in a Saint Louis, highest exp to date for me, aaaaand..i think thats it?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,278 posts
13,686 battles

Played a few ranked games. Sinop is still a machine. Hopefully I can get enough in to get to silver. Just having a hard time wanting to play ranked this season.

had some fun naval and grand battles. Only about 70k xp from finishing Gearing regrind, then can switch to finish Hindi regrind. Trying to grind credits also for the next coal auction, found some gamescom 50% credit camos I forgot I had 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,485 posts
25,821 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu  How do you think the Yukon would do in the T7 op?  I use the Scharnhorst when I play that op.  Yukon better?

For me I went 8/8 in Naval Battles.  We were far ahead, so I didn't press the issue.

I got my 7th 21 pointer, Sansonetti.  Now each major power has a 21 pointer.  Not sure if I want to work on more BB 21 pointers or start a round of Cruiser commanders.  But with no ECXP at all, I got some time to decide.

Not much else happening in game.  Grinding the Kitakaze and Schultz to the T10s.  Still grinding credits.

IRL, finished re-rocking my RV pad (no RV though).  Took 7.75 tons to do.  Was a complete noob, so I bought that in 50 pound bags and laid them out by hand.  Got my exercise in for the week.  Not bad for a 64 year old geezer.  Looks great.  Enjoying the last of the cool weather (4 days worth) before we climb back into the 90s.

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles

My teams (in random) have been very feast or famine situations.

General personal performance, okish; but consistent. 

Mostly watching NBA playoffs. GO BUCKS!

meh.jpg

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles

Ran through the Naval Battles.

Played a bunch of Clan Battles !!!

When not in CB's, was playing Scenarios with friends.

Rain ruined shooting projects this weekend so...........  More COOP and Scenarios.

[WPORT]
Members
10,953 posts
15,451 battles

Set a new personal record for sinking ships in a DD.  (Seven ships, while sailing a Storozhevoi in a Co-op game which counted towards my Naval Battles Grid.)

Set a new personal record on my Naval Battles Grid.
14 stars from 14 attempts, on Saturday. 
Then, today, discovered that I had 3 bonus attempts waiting for me when I logged-in.
So, I played those attempts and earned 3 stars, for a total of 17 stars.

Played several games on the Public Test Server today.

Played games on my Live Server account, with the intention of identifying ships that don't have "Elite Status" and are in need of some play-time to continue their research grind.
Several of them are in Tier-6 through Tier-8, with a couple in Tier-9.  So, while progress was made, none of them are expected to unlock the next ship in their line-up in the near future.

Washed some dishes and some clothes.

Weekends are too short.  :-)

[UNHLY]
Members
5,204 posts
14,599 battles

Definitely an IRL stuff weekend here too, especially today. Got a little bit of grinding done yesterday evening before my clan started CB, but most of yesterday’s playtime went to that, initially mercing for another clan and then playing for my own. Didn’t get much grind and daily mission progress yesterday, but it was a pretty successful CB run so I got another ~1k steel after the clan bonus. 

[-MN-]
Members
107 posts
5,332 battles

Played mostly ranked (but didn't play much, these last few days). Saturday was nice, today was bad

But, Halsey is now a 21 pointer! First 2 games (in randoms) were interesting

image.thumb.png.7808de0123007d78a49e4925194e9df9.png

46 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

My teams (in random) have been very feast or famine situations.

General personal performance, okish; but consistent. 

Mostly watching NBA playoffs. GO BUCKS!

meh.jpg

Havent played Odin since the captain skills rework. Just curious, how do you compare its performance, pre and after rework?

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles
13 minutes ago, lbfreitasBR said:

Havent played Odin since the captain skills rework. Just curious, how do you compare its performance, pre and after rework?

I ran in it full secondary (minus IFHE + CE) prior rework and still the same post rework. So it's a secondary BB player perspective.

The rework did really hurt secondary builds. Prior a 1.5k HP or less DD, you could pretty consistently count on your secondaries to finish them off. Now it's very RNG. So you lose opportunities of firing your main batteries at something else simultaneously; you will often have to focus your MBs on that DD that prior you didnt. 

Other than that, it's pretty similar. Just gotta find those opportunities to push and know when you need to hold or kite. 

It's maybe, total ballpark, 10%-15% less effective in the secondary build post rework. 

• Thanks 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,659 posts
24,627 battles

Done with this ranked sprint - 9 victories netted 600 (+60) steel.

Naval battles done.

Even some PT on Friday.

And a stinking 25% win rate in Random. That was bad enough but the losses were near blowouts. No fun!

[WOLFG]
Members
250 posts
4,420 battles

This weekend was fairly quite for me, I decided that with nothing really to do and a spare port slot and a but ton of credits at my disposal I decided to started grinding out some dd lines to tier 5, I researched the Nicholas and now I'm working towards the Acasta. 

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

Sunday funday with 83% WR both in Random and Ranked on top of a Free Premium day. Very productive.

Had clan DD university on Friday, was a blast.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles

Got enough steel to throw down for the Bourgogne. Just a single co-op in it so far.

Ground out all of the modules for Lion. This is RB regrind #2.

Got my career randoms winrate above 51.5% for the first time ever. Not a high high mark, i just thought I would best it it about eight months ago, but losing happened.

Played my 800th Gearing co-op battle tonight.

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles

Doing this, that, and the other, playing all the ships i got last Christmas, and at other times, for the first time finally in Randoms.

Trying to get to 10K Randoms. Something I promised myself to do, way back in late 2019.

Pretty sad actually; it's taken me nearly two years just to go from about 9,500 to 10,000 Randoms.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,795 posts
31,081 battles

Not much this weekend.  Did some Grand Battles, and a bunch of Naval Battles.

[UNHLY]
Members
3,416 posts
26,121 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Bought the Yukon, took her for a few spins against the bots. Am impressed.

Did Naval Battles and some PTS.

IRL stuff meant that this was one of those weekends where not all that much got done.

Drank a lot , got sunk a lot.

End of Line.

#YUKONGATE

Edited by tm63au

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles
11 hours ago, kyesac said:

Yukon better?

I haven't tried it yet. My impression is that Haida is a poor choice for operations, because a DD in Narai needs to be able to one-shot the bot Missouri from full health and Haida doesn't have enough torps to guarantee that. As a fast-ish BB, Yukon is better suited for Commonwealth commanders to deliver consistent performance against the many light cruisers and low-tier battleships this operation brings, while being able to weather the storm better than most. Between her own heals and the repair circle, there's no reason for her not to arrive in the bay for the final conflict pretty close to full health and ready to tank the F out of everything.

My initial impression is that her AP is quite sufficient against any bot opponents she is likely to meet there, while her relatively short main-battery range is also less of an issue.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
433 posts
5,086 battles

Played only one battle of grand battle this weekend as I was busy on the public test server. Not bad if I do say myself.

grandbattle.thumb.jpg.b3e3ef967d8ee64082f5a6437552cd7e.jpg

grandbattle2.thumb.jpg.ed29ddf9e1400d89eb2d0bac28a56378.jpg

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Bounced between Ranked and Random. Not doing badly in Bronze in Carac/Guepard/Algerie, though the stupidity is "oh for Pete's sake!" at times, like a Mahan that went for A by himself even though team called BC--and he gets nuked by 5 reds.

Planning to finish to the T7 via Ranked. Got Detonated last match.

Mh7BVm6.jpg

Finally took out the Alexander Nevsky. Reasonably tanky for a CL, but can see why petro's preferred.

q5jdR6q.jpg

[T-D-M]
Members
128 posts
18,554 battles

Starting bright and early 05:30 on Monday the 28th. 

I bought and played Yukon (16) random battles, not good in the win column but shows potential and with the tempest revolving around its introduction to the game. I will let it tug on its anchor chain for awhile and let the turmoil settle down before I delve into fine tuning it.

I acquired tech tree Tier V Italian Battleship Conte di Cavour. I had a  nice match with Meta_Man in his Texas on my team, our team prevailed. Only (5) battles were played but it made a strong showing.

Played (8) more battles with my Amalfi. The Amalfi is fully upgraded with 46,543 ship XP currently  and working towards the 160,000 required for Brindisi.  Captaining my Amalfi is Unique Commander Luigi Sansonetti now standing at 19 Commander’s points. On the shards map In a 7-8-9 tier match while playing with Col_Nasty in his Ostergotland on my team to many mistakes were made and a loss was tallied. The Col. fought until the bitter end.

I reached out to a forum member (Ensign_Cthulhu) and was recruited as a returning Veteran player with just over 90 days inactivity in WOWS and we are testing out the New Naval Community’s incentives. Purchased two ships for doubloons VII Yukon 9,800 and VIII Tone 11,300 hopefully the Ensign has two recruits and can gain 10% kickbacks from my purchases as well as 10 Community Tokens per each battle I fight solo ~53 total battles were fought on Monday 28 2021 = 530 Community Tokens for my recruiter. :) I received two super containers : (50 European camouflage and 50 valentines camouflage) plus all the other rewards for Veteran returning. 👍 

Ranked battles is going for Tier VI-VII so I stoked the boilers on my Scharnhorst! In (24) battles I managed Rank 1 Bronze of note forum member Shannon_Lindsey was on my team with VI Shinonome expertly screening, area denial and capping. We lost only one DD to HE fires onboard. I ranked out and it was 23:30 Monday the same day 18 hours of Warships ecstasy. That ought to tide me over for the next few months as I attend to more important tasks in the summer months. I have 57 videos and 590 screenshots to review and break down into data points. 

Cheers 🍻