Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Seabee_USN

Doubloon ship SNS Emden?

13 comments in this topic

[OWSSD]
Members
15 posts
9,759 battles

Just saw a clip on YouTube about the SNS Emden and it was pre interesting to watch.  I think that this would be a pretty neat ship to turn into a coal ship, XP or even a doubloon tier 3 or 4 crusier.  Torps, decent sized guns, and smoke to take the place of the fake funnel... How about it WG?

[GC]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
4,370 battles

This ship is in the game already, and has been for a long time. If you didn't know that and you want it, it's available in the cash shop: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/6764/

Otherwise, I guess you mean you'd like an alternative version of it along the lines of what you described? The Emden I'm still hoping for is the 1920s version, though I suppose they'd have to give it a different name. Or maybe name her Emden 1925:
Light_Cruiser_Emden_in_China_1931_crop.j

--Helms

Members
1,581 posts
2,011 battles

I think the SMS Emden would do pretty darn well as a tier 2 premium if it was ever introduced...oh wait :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
7,116 posts
17,770 battles
3 hours ago, Seabee_USN said:

I think that this would be a pretty neat ship to turn into a coal ship, XP or even a doubloon tier 3 or 4 crusier.  Torps, decent sized guns, and smoke to take the place of the fake funnel... How about it WG?

I'm thinking Tier 2.  No torps.  Meh guns that fire quickly.  And, we'll skip the smoke but give it the fake funnel.  Something like this:

yIxdHHH.jpg

And, I'm thinking a release date of January 2016 would be appropriate.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
Members
7,734 posts
14,754 battles

Or maybe a snazzy alternate Camo...
image.thumb.png.25d19e3ca5ed69d5e171477b8a6355f1.png

image.thumb.png.b2bf3344da9ac339176e0449b7602e4f.png

Yeah, they really ought to put this one out...   I seem to recall a lot more than 105 battles.  Did they reset it?

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
5 hours ago, Seabee_USN said:

Just saw a clip on YouTube about the SNS Emden and it was pre interesting to watch.  I think that this would be a pretty neat ship to turn into a coal ship, XP or even a doubloon tier 3 or 4 crusier.  Torps, decent sized guns, and smoke to take the place of the fake funnel... How about it WG?

This picture; is this supposed to be the ship that's in the loading screen graphic when Trap loads?

Members
58 posts
129 battles
6 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

Also make sure it has the wrong German flag too

I like how they made a Kaiserliche Marine flag for the Jutland event... but still can't be bothered to put it on the appropriate German ships. :Smile_facepalm:

They had no problems getting the flags right for the Soviet and Imperial Russian navies.

Members
1,581 posts
2,011 battles
On 6/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

This picture; is this supposed to be the ship that's in the loading screen graphic when Trap loads?

That's IJN Settsu

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

That's IJN Settsu

After being run aground on Etajima? (According to wiki.)

Members
1,581 posts
2,011 battles
10 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

After being run aground on Etajima? (According to wiki.)

I don't care about historical accuracy, I just know the ship matches pictures of Settsu.

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles
45 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

I don't care about historical accuracy, I just know the ship matches pictures of Settsu.

That’s fine, I just always thought it looked like the wrecked Emden; guess I’ll need to take a closer look next time I get Trap.

Sign in to follow this