You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Delete Operation Newport Station. Please

62 comments in this topic

[1813]
Members
405 posts
15,010 battles

Delete Operation Newport Station. Please, it sucks. I play mostly Ops and Co-Op to get Coal and when that garbage I dont play Ops for a week when that crap is on

Impossible to get 5 stars, players run around like head-less chickens and we get slaughtered. Why dont WG bring back Op Dunkerque ? THAT was  intence, an all destroyer operation that was really fun to play,

Ennemy DDs, planes and Snell-Boats

Also WG should buff Type 1, 2 & 5 Signals, as they stand now, they are worthless, at least add 50% XP, 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 12

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

Newport is my least favorite op.  I started to like the op when I tried playing CVs.  It's pretty easy to win in a CV, and 5 stars are not uncommon.  If you're a CV player give it a try, if not, see if you can div with someone that knows CV play.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
14,317 posts

I'd rather we not lose yet another op. Get a div if you want to beat it consistently. 

• Cool 10

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

No thank you. Even on losses you make a boat load more than in a coop game. its great for grinding silvers.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,785 posts
31,061 battles

Getting 5-stars in Newport is rare, but it does happen with random teams.  The scenario is actually pretty simple, the problem is that that a lot of players don't understand the flow the waves come in, and lose a star when the third wave breaches the perimeter.  The ships in the first three waves need to be eliminated quickly and then move on to the next wave.  If your team can defeat the first three waves without getting breached and is mostly in tact, you have a good chance.  The final waves are a shooting gallery, so if your team can shoot straight and can focus fire it should be result in a 4 or 5 star victory.  If you want to stack the deck in your favor go in with a division of players that know what they're doing.

Dynamo was too easy.  Five-star victories was the norm.  If WG ever brings it back it is likely to be a lot more difficult with Schnell boats dodging gunfire like Neo in the Matrix.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles

Hmm.....

image.thumb.png.bd3ed0f15b48295db410c33b343e3f73.png

Just please don't mess with any operations.......

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

Newport is not a problem.

Sail here sink this group, sail here sink that group.

The group three is the key toe everything. Sink fast. Dont let them get to the deadline alive.

Group four is part of the main attack anyway. If you were too lazy on group three.

The key to ops is understanding which ships hurt the enemy AI boats fast. As in efficiently. I do own the dunkerque and the Leander etc sometimes I lose. It depends on the team.

The end game is key. There is a particular BB that shows up. Which has to be sunk first over everything else. But apply the firepower quickly.

Newport is a opt hat is not that productive. There are three other ops that we can run around in harvesting millions in no time. Those are the ones to look forward to.

[PVE]
Members
11,152 posts
19,408 battles

Newport is not worthy of signals and camos and I don't really play much during Newport weeks.

Members
155 posts
7,430 battles

I enjoy all the operations and have five stars in all of them (except for the missing ones🥲). Most people in these forums would give an arm and a leg to get those operations back. But by the way things have been moving I suspect it won't be long before operations are removed all together.

As for 5 staring Newport, get a team who knows how to position for the side objectives. Then it's a cake walk. Did it not long ago in a hatsuharu(spelling?). 

Edited by CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

you can get 5 stars you latterly know where wave, I , 2 and 3 will come from just use move to meet them and focus fire

there is another thread on this where I explain how step by step

Edited by vikingno2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles

A few things that make Defense of Naval Station Newport much easier.

Bring a CV. The spotting alone will allow other ships to start burning down targets much earlier. There isn't a bad CV for operations. Targets will usually be fairly spread out, and even if the bots are dodging your torpedoes, doing so will give side shots to to the battleships on your team.

Don't bring DD's, they don't have the survivability, they don't have the range, and they don't do enough damage without torps. This is not one of the DD friendly operations. It is slow battleship friendly though.

Do not overextend. The bots come to you.

Watch it with the smoke, been in several Newports that DD's or smoke equipped cruisers thought it was a great idea to drop smoke so they shoot from inside it, and blocked line of sight for everyone else.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[SPTR]
Members
27,681 posts
18,256 battles

Some of us have being asking Newport to be a tier 7 op. And I miss Op Dynamo too especially with alot of DDs we've gotten since it was remove. Unfortunately I won't miss your suggestions to buff those signal flags.

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
3 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Delete Operation Newport Station. Please, it sucks. I play mostly Ops and Co-Op to get Coal and when that garbage I dont play Ops for a week when that crap is on

Just because YOU think so doesn't make it facts.

3 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Also WG should buff Type 1, 2 & 5 Signals,

wot?

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
3 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Op Dunkerque

Operation Dynamo*

Dunkerque is a city and the tier 6 French supercruiser

[USN]
Members
1,704 posts
21,672 battles

Newport is pretty hard to even complete with a bunch of random smucks for teammates. Sometimes you get a team that knows what to do, most times you’re wondering why half your team’s dead before the third wave enters. Both my Will to Wins (Ops Solo Warrior) have come from Newport, once with Aigle and than Weser.) Some changes I’d do to it to make it easier would be…

Increase the time it takes for the third wave to reach the base

All ships in the third wave are the A-hull versions of those ships

decrease number of ships in third wave

Increase time before main attack starts.

Replace Izumo with Amagi. A bunch of T6 ships will have a far easier time sinking this.

Increase rate of healing at Liberty ships

add more repair ships closer to front

These would give you more time to regroup and reposition and sink the third wave ships faster 

Alternatively, forgo these changes and increase player count to 10 or 11, or change required ships to now be T7 ships and T8 CVs. The increase in firepower that comes with T7 ships should make things a little easier, and adding extra potatoes means more guns firing, and more ships to cover all parts of the map

[-VT-]
Members
1,354 posts
30,953 battles

lol do nothing just work together and communicate

You should be taking hardly any damage in first wave if you are position better

Edited by vikingno2

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles
2 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

A few things that make Defense of Naval Station Newport much easier.

Bring a CV. The spotting alone will allow other ships to start burning down targets much earlier. There isn't a bad CV for operations. Targets will usually be fairly spread out, and even if the bots are dodging your torpedoes, doing so will give side shots to to the battleships on your team.

Hmm.....I've seen runs of this op completely ruined by bad cv players. The mere presence of a cv  is not asset. At all.

2 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Don't bring DD's, they don't have the survivability, they don't have the range, and they don't do enough damage without torps. This is not one of the DD friendly operations. It is slow battleship friendly though.

That's not necessarily true. Played well  a dd could very much could be a good addition. Using smoke at the right time and position...Yaigle is actually good in it. And not only. I've seen Farraguts and Monaghans played very well. Even Gaede's....

Members
999 posts
14 minutes ago, Bandi73 said:

Hmm.....I've seen runs of this op completely ruined by bad cv players. The mere presence of a cv  is not asset. At all.

100% this.   Most CV players make it difficult to, or completely ruin, a 5 star run by using torps at the beggining of a wave.   All this does is turn the boats and delay them from getting into gun range of everyone else.  Delayed waves mean less time to get the third wave done before the main assault starts.

I've never understood it, because its to no benefit for a CV anyway.  Any floods are going to insta repair.   It makes sense to use rockets/bombs to burn the heals first and then follow up with the torps.   By that time, the boats are getting into gun range so when they do turn the team can blap the sides. 

I'm not even trying Newport this week because I know the Ise's are going to be everywhere throwing torps with the CV..  

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles
4 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

100% this.   Most CV players make it difficult to, or completely ruin, a 5 star run by using torps at the beggining of a wave.   All this does is turn the boats and delay them from getting into gun range of everyone else.  Delayed waves mean less time to get the third wave done before the main assault starts.

Yep.

I've never understood it, because its to no benefit for a CV anyway.  Any floods are going to insta repair.   It makes sense to use rockets/bombs to burn the heals first and then follow up with the torps.   By that time, the boats are getting into gun range so when they do turn the team can blap the sides. 

What do you mean? Isn't racking da damage up  is everything? :) Jokes aside I usually invite them to go play randoms instead of ruining ops. They don't like it :)

@Ahskance made a very good video about this very op explaining what and why he did, including what not to do in it as a Cv player. We don't see eye to eye on Cv's in PvP but he did a good job.

I'm not even trying Newport this week because I know the Ise's are going to be everywhere throwing torps with the CV.. 

Only a few i've seen.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
32 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Most CV players make it difficult to, or completely ruin, a 5 star run by using torps at the beggining of a wave.   All this does is turn the boats and delay them from getting into gun range of everyone else.

It's only the first wave that the bots will turn if the CV players tries to torp them.  Ships in the other waves don't turn, except DDs that will always try to dodge.  On occasion the other ships will randomly turn, but that is pretty rare.  Also, making DDs turn is almost always a good thing, since it slows them down, reduces the likelihood they'll reach the base, and gives everyone more time to sink them.

I went from chances being very dicey winning in Newport with randos when I'm playing a surface ship, to 75-80% wins when playing CVs.  5 star wins are fairly common too.  I'm not even a good CV player.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

It's only the first wave that the bots will turn if the CV players tries to torp them.  Ships in the other waves don't turn, except DDs that will always try to dodge.  On occasion the other ships will randomly turn, but that is pretty rare.  Also, making DDs turn is almost always a good thing, since it slows them down, reduces the likelihood they'll reach the base, and gives everyone more time to sink them.

No. Every bot ship turn when torped by cv, even dd's as you said it too. I had a game where I literally had to chase down the Izumo waay back. Luckily i was in da Degrasse and speed boost running. I managed with 20 secs to spare. And .....that depends entirely on the positioning of the team.

8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I went from chances being very dicey winning in Newport with randos when I'm playing a surface ship, to 75-80% wins when playing CVs.  5 star wins are fairly common too.  I'm not even a good CV player.

There is no question that a well played Cv can help the team. The key difference is that you know the op and other ships.

Members
999 posts
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

It's only the first wave that the bots will turn if the CV players tries to torp them

Not sure what your seeing.   I've no idea the number of rages I've endured watching CV's turn BBs on wave 2 and 3 complete 180 degrees backwards at the start..

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,412 posts
6,232 battles

I miss the old version of this op that was easier and allowed tier 5’s

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
346 posts
6 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Played it once this week with randoms just to try my Ise there. Finished top XP and we got a 4 star. :)