Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AVR_Project

Is there any specific information over the new Microsoft Breach?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,383
[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,774 battles
46 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

 

Ask Microsoft...

 

 

I figure someone already did and has the information.  Last time I called Microsoft, I waited on hold for 23 minutes and got someone who could barely speak English.
And they wouldn't answer me anyway since they are doing 'Damage Control'.

A rootkit is a SERIOUS thing.  Load in one of those and it may require a complete reformat/reload and BIOS flash to get rid of it.

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,002
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles

Maybe it is a good thing that I don't update drivers unless a game/program requires it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,979
[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

A rootkit is a SERIOUS thing.  Load in one of those and it may require a complete reformat/reload and BIOS flash to get rid of it.

Ok Let put in a different way... This goes way back in time of the age of publication...

 

"If You're seeing an issue publicized in the paper (in this case modern print), the issue/problem being reported has already pass..."

Furthermore... If anyone had it... To late now.... From reading the article... It didn't affect the avg everyday home computer user. So who cares but if it affected your network PC tough luck... Microsoft in on the case... Now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[4_0_4]
Members
303 posts
1,798 battles

https://in.pcmag.com/security/143389/microsoft-confirms-it-signed-malicious-netfilter-drivers

The company also said “the actor’s activity is limited to the gaming sector specifically in China” and that “the malware enables them to gain an advantage in games and possibly exploit other players by compromising their accounts through common tools like keyloggers.”

And here is the Microsoft blog link.

https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2021/06/25/investigating-and-mitigating-malicious-drivers/

But it sounds like unless you’re in China it’s not an issue.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,383
[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,774 battles
14 minutes ago, rallybackmonkey said:

https://in.pcmag.com/security/143389/microsoft-confirms-it-signed-malicious-netfilter-drivers

The company also said “the actor’s activity is limited to the gaming sector specifically in China” and that “the malware enables them to gain an advantage in games and possibly exploit other players by compromising their accounts through common tools like keyloggers.”

And here is the Microsoft blog link.

https://msrc-blog.microsoft.com/2021/06/25/investigating-and-mitigating-malicious-drivers/

But it sounds like unless you’re in China it’s not an issue.

Thank You.  Rootkits are entirely terrifying in that they can take my systems down for DAYS.  I searched for this but got the usual 20 pages of spams and ads.  You have better links.   Thanks for sharing.
Information is powerful.  Used to be we could just search and find answers.  Nowadays, we have trolls who intentionally publish convincing lies.  It wears a person down.
The computer world used to be beautiful.  Today, it's going to hell.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
351 posts
10 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Information is powerful.  Used to be we could just search and find answers.  Nowadays, we have trolls who intentionally publish convincing lies.  It wears a person down.
The computer world used to be beautiful.  Today, it's going to hell.

Amen.

I can still remember the first time I went online with Windows 95 and then got hooked on my first MMO "Warbirds" a year later. I still have real life friends from that game, and I haven't played it in about twenty years. It's how I learned to build my own rigs, etc, etc.

Now you try to Google something and it's twenty pages of paid garbage and scam links you need to get through before you find something useful.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×