You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

Brandenburg (Tier VIII German BB) spotted on the horizon!

54 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

Been a while but it seems Brandenburg got an actual model and some stats to accompany it, courtesy of https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/supertest-tier-viii-premium-german-battleship-brandenburg/

Some info here if too lazy to check:

• Ship is basically Tirpitz with triple Odin/Agir 305mm turrets.
  • Think Pommern at tier VIII
  • Hull model seems to be brand new, so there might be an opportunity for the model of Tirpitz to get a new fresh coat (model is pretty old by now).

shot-21.06.27_00.28.32-0002.jpg

General info:

Spoiler

General Characteristics

Tier VIII
Health 58 800 HP
Torpedo Damage Reduction 23 %
Displacement 47 520 tons
Dimensions
Overall length 242.25 m
Beam 34.88 m
Overall height (keel to the highest point on the ship) 35.0 m
Freeboard 4.3 m
Main Armament
Maximum Firing Range 18.460 km
305 mm/56 SK C/39 in a turret 4 x 3 305 mm
Secondary Armament
Maximum Firing Range 7.600 km
150 mm/55 SK C/28 on a Dop. L. C/34 mount
105 mm/65 SK C/33 on a Dop. L. C/37 mount
6 x 2 150 mm
10 x 2 105 mm
Torpedo Armament
Maximum Firing Range 6.000 km
533 mm Vierling 2 x 4 533 mm
Maximum speed 32.5 knots
Turning Circle Radius 820 m
Rudder Shift Time 15.8 s
Surface Detectability 16.2 km
Air Detectability 11.22 km
Detectability After Firing Main Guns in Smoke 12.78 km

Ship does have Damage Control, Repair Party, choice between Spotter or Fighter Plane. Doesn't have Hydro.

A very general view of the armor, the 60mm plate on the bow could be pretty trollish:

general-3.png

I would recommend you check the link I posted since it goes into much more detail, all credit goes to them as well.

Frankly the ship doesn't look like much, mostly because of the meta shifts recently. If she came out half a year ago people would be pretty satisfied I think.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 5

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,366 posts
5,485 battles

Honestly, I don't see the point of this ship? We already have Odin, Aegir, Siegfried, Pommern, Tirpitz, etc. Admittedly, one is unavailable, but still...

• Thanks 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,049 posts
27,727 battles

I'm not interested unfortunately. They copy pasta of ships as of late hasnt been very interesting. Also, sick of being one of the three tier 8 ships in a basically tier 10 match.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
9 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I'm not interested unfortunately. They copy pasta of ships as of late hasnt been very interesting. Also, sick of being one of the three tier 8 ships in a basically tier 10 match.

To be honest the one thing I take from  these news is the oppoprtunity for Tirpitz to receive an updated model. Yamato used to be in the same spot until she got a new model after the introduction of Musashi. The Tirpitz model exists from September 2015, so it's been more or less six years.

Edited by warheart1992

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,049 posts
27,727 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

To be honest the one thing I take from  these news is the oppoprtunity for Tirpitz to receive an updated model. Yamato used to be in the same spot until she got a new model after the introduction of Musashi. The Tirpitz model exists from September 2015, so it's been more or less six years.

That is good news for sure, I remember the remodel of Yamato. I honestly hope to see them take a brief break from new ships and work on models and associated balancing sometime soon.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

Ive wanted this ship since it was first datamined way back when, I love Tirptiz and Bismarck, but the lack of barrels with the accuracy they have hurts me so much.

Does it not have DCP or the Repair party? That doesnt make much sense to me unless they make the ship drastically broken..

I will say its a shame that WG didnt do a German Battleship split starting at Gneis, and having the GFK line with no torpedoes and bigger guns, and a line more like Gneis/Odin/Scharn all the way to tier 10. Buuut ill take it i guess.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
Just now, Princess_Daystar said:

Ive wanted this ship since it was first datamined way back when, I love Tirptiz and Bismarck, but the lack of barrels with the accuracy they have hurts me so much.

Does it not have DCP or the Repair party? That doesnt make much sense to me unless they make the ship drastically broken..

I will say its a shame that WG didnt do a German Battleship split starting at Gneis, and having the GFK line with no torpedoes and bigger guns, and a line more like Gneis/Odin/Scharn all the way to tier 10. Buuut ill take it i guess.

Was a typo on my part of thinking faster than writing :fish_boom:. Ship has Repair and Damage Control, it doesn't have Hydro. Amended the post to correct it.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Was a typo on my part of thinking faster than writing :fish_boom:. Ship has Repair and Damage Control, it doesn't have Hydro. Amended the post to correct it.

Hmmm means its more like Tirpitz than Odin, thats fine with me!!! Tirppy is a beast in coop, so im probably gonna like this thing(And i love Odin too.)

[USN]
Members
1,704 posts
21,672 battles

Good thing about it it is better than Odin and Monarch.

The bad news is that is not a compliment for any BB, as every other T8 BB and most T7s can also say that

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

What if WG intends its gimmick to be AA?

TBH hope not, but nothing different about this Tirpitz with smaller teeth. Not worth buying.

26 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

True enough. Though do wonder how Hannover would fit in, if WG decides to add super battleship class.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
Just now, Reymu said:

TBH hope not, but nothing different about this Tirpitz with smaller teeth. Not worth buying.

True enough. Though do wonder how Hannover would fit in, if WG decides to add super battleship class.

No clue! Honestly Hannover and Satsuma without the gimmick arent that impressive imo. They are bigger targets is all. They could fit in the game now with very minimal or no changes at all :/

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
4 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Here are the stats for AA:

10 x 2 105 mm/65 SK C/33 on a Dop. L. C/37 mount
Sector range 0.1 km – 5.2 km
Hit chance 75 %
Sector’s damage 55
Sector’s damage frequency 0.29 s
Sector’s damage per second 193
Flak clouds number 8
Flak cloud damage 1 400
18 x 4 30 mm/45 Flak 103/38 on a quadruple mount
Sector range 0.1 km – 3.0 km
Hit chance 70 %
Sector’s damage 146
Sector’s damage frequency 0.29 s
Sector’s damage per second 511

The short aura isn't bad, but within 3km you are already in a strike, so it might shoot down planes only after the strike is done.

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles

I really can't see a point to bogus ships like this that add nothing. Maybe a bogus german hybrid BB with AP bombers, or a secondary moster with exhaust smoke, or maybe a Georgia-like speed demon with a gazillion torps... But another regular BB like 20 other in the game... What for? :cap_old:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

That is good news for sure, I remember the remodel of Yamato. I honestly hope to see them take a brief break from new ships and work on models and associated balancing sometime soon.

unfortunately they can't...    new ships = revenues that they seem to need more and more of...

[WOLF8]
Members
8,195 posts
6,785 battles

Well, if I had to make a guess on why WeeGee is making this ship, it would be that Odin is no longer available to acquire. That's just me though.

And I'll gladly wait for this ship. She would be pretty fun in Coop... just like every other German BB's, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

So she's like a mini-me version of Pommern, on the Tirpitz hull, minus the hydro... and Pommern was kind-of sort-of like a mini-me version of GK, who swapped the plane with the torpedoes. Mini-me of a mini-me. What's next? A Tier VI version that is mini-me of a mini-me of a mini-me, on a Bayern hull with triple 283mm guns? LEL. :Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
779 posts
6,054 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Good thing about it it is better than Odin and Monarch.

The bad news is that is not a compliment for any BB, as every other T8 BB and most T7s can also say that

i would take odin over this one anyday. Odin may have 1 less turret but it has better concealment and rudder shift, 2 things that make a brawlers life much easier.

secondary wise before the secondary nerf 128mm would have been the better option too but after the nerf 105mm may be a better option at least for starting fires or increasing the odds of landing a hit on a nearby DD. 

wish WG would give those main guns the original short fuse they where intended to have. its a freaking 305mm gun that cant overmatch anything at that tier yet its fuse time is long enought to overpen cruisers... is like having the worst part of both worlds.

Edited by pepe_trueno

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

Honestly, I don't see the point of this ship? We already have Odin, Aegir, Siegfried, Pommern, Tirpitz, etc. Admittedly, one is unavailable, but still...

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I really can't see a point to bogus ships like this that add nothing. Maybe a bogus german hybrid BB with AP bombers, or a secondary moster with exhaust smoke, or maybe a Georgia-like speed demon with a gazillion torps... But another regular BB like 20 other in the game... What for? :cap_old:

The reason?  I suggest you guys watch Spaceballs II: The Search for More Money

[SPTR]
Members
27,681 posts
18,256 battles

More premium BBs is always nice, especially t8 ones that get uptiered against my lighthouse specced  Henri.

[MISRY]
Members
1,014 posts
7,351 battles

Her initial stats are horrible. 18.4km range and a 28 second reload? I'll just play Tirpitz if I want to play a premium German BB. 

I'm very glad to have put my money into this game when I did because I was able to get ALL of the discontinued and rare ships. It's just the Meh Parade now. 

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

To be honest the one thing I take from  these news is the oppoprtunity for Tirpitz to receive an updated model. Yamato used to be in the same spot until she got a new model after the introduction of Musashi.

1. The Yamato got an updated model a couple of years after Musashi came out, so don’t expect anything soon.

2. There was a #2, really, but I had a three-hour break in the middle of typing this up, and I can’t remember it.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

1. The Yamato got an updated model a couple of years after Musashi came out, so don’t expect anything soon.

2. There was a #2, really, but I had a three-hour break in the middle of typing this up, and I can’t remember it.

And this wasn’t the #2, but remember:

Over a year ago, WG promised a Gearing model update, and not a peep about it since then.

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
5 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Over a year ago, WG promised a Gearing model update, and not a peep about it since then.

I just consider at that point a small victory the remodelling of Yamato. If not mistaken it was about a year after Musashi, but still happened. As for Gearing, I remember complaints since Yueyang was implemented.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I just consider at that point a small victory the remodelling of Yamato. If not mistaken it was about a year after Musashi, but still happened. As for Gearing, I remember complaints since Yueyang was implemented.

11 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, they did just update a bunch of models textures and geometries, so hopefully they get to the gearing sometime soon. Or is the remodel something alot more intensive? im not exactly familiar with the Gearings model irl.

edit: looking at both in game i dont exactly see the difference?

Edited by Princess_Daystar