You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Patton5150

Anyone get the no xp/credit penalty in the new TK system?

38 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,065 posts
53,644 battles

Just wondering how 'tolerant' the team damage system is.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
8 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

Just wondering how 'tolerant' the team damage system is.

You have to hit one player 40 times, or a total of 50 hits on more than one player to turn pink, and lose XP/credits.  That is per game, and it resets to zero every game.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,065 posts
53,644 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You have to hit one player 40 times, or a total of 50 hits on more than one player to turn pink, and lose XP/credits.  That is per game, and it resets to zero every game.

Wow.  That is quite a generous amount.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,645 posts
11,840 battles

I saw a pink player this morning in a Coop battle and noted that this is now a rarity. Previously one could almost expect to see at least one pinky in a Coop battle. I did not question this player but had to wonder if it was more of a penalty from being AFK as opposed to team damage/kill......

[OGF]
Members
425 posts
7,915 battles
1 hour ago, DJC_499 said:

I saw a pink player this morning in a Coop battle and noted that this is now a rarity. Previously one could almost expect to see at least one pinky in a Coop battle. I did not question this player but had to wonder if it was more of a penalty from being AFK as opposed to team damage/kill......

I guess theoretically there might still be a few who picked up a pink before the change, hadn't worked it off, and then logged in to play a few weeks later.  So they'd be legacy pink without penalty.  I don't know how the system dealt with those, and I see a surprisingly high number of players who play very infrequently.  

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,209 battles

I expect this will tighten up later, but then again maybe not. You can expect friendly torpedo blooms to be much closer from now on.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,516 battles
28 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

I expect this will tighten up later, but then again maybe not. You can expect friendly torpedo blooms to be much closer from now on.

Meh. More often than not in Coop it was the green bots you had to worry about. Maybe it was easier to change team damage than fix the AI... 

• Funny 1

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,285 battles
4 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Meh. More often than not in Coop it was the green bots you had to worry about. Maybe it was easier to change team damage than fix the AI... 

Agreed before the change I would stay back away from green bots with torps.Now I just charge in with them

Edited by magnum196940

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

I would have been pink today under the old system, Cleveland decides to pass right in front of me from my blind side just as I let loose a full broadside of Thunderer HE. Caught him with all of it bar one or two shells.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,491 posts
25,943 battles

I have not gotten the Pink yet, but have seen several in the course of battle over the last few days.  I would imagine with the current limits it was just players testing it out (maybe against green bots?)

[CO-OP]
Members
3,805 posts
31,131 battles

As @DJC_499 said, pretty much the only way to become pink is to go AFK (and then you're not going to earn any rewards anyways.)  I have torped friendly ships and received a warning, but didn't become pink.  I would have under the old rules (then again, I probably wouldn't have launched them under the old rules.)

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles
18 hours ago, Efros said:

I would have been pink today under the old system, Cleveland decides to pass right in front of me from my blind side just as I let loose a full broadside of Thunderer HE. Caught him with all of it bar one or two shells.

Unfortunately, thanks to this new system, this is becoming more and more common. Yesterday I had a cruiser drive into my smoke right in front of me and use the concealment to take out the DD I was shooting at. Pretty frustrating when it happens and they have nothing to fear from you because torps you may launch do nothing to them. Before, there was the risk of them sinking. Part of the downside of this new system.

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,285 battles

It has changed some things.We are all competing for damage kills etc.But there is a certain level of respect toward each other for the most part.I will respect a dds torp zone in my bb or cruiser unless they are trying to take all the kills and damage.In those cases I will exploit the new system a little.

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,209 battles
On 6/27/2021 at 7:18 PM, HamptonRoads said:

As @DJC_499 said, pretty much the only way to become pink is to go AFK (and then you're not going to earn any rewards anyways.)  I have torped friendly ships and received a warning, but didn't become pink.  I would have under the old rules (then again, I probably wouldn't have launched them under the old rules.)

If you go AFK in pink you'll still get secondary hits. I had that happen to me once (AFK couldn't be helped unfortunately). All things considered I did pretty well.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,628 battles

It is nice to be able to vent your frustration at your "friendly" bots with impunity.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
3 hours ago, Swervenkill said:

If you go AFK in pink you'll still get secondary hits. I had that happen to me once (AFK couldn't be helped unfortunately). All things considered I did pretty well.

The rules say secondary hits don't count towards avoiding an AFK penalty, so I would assume doing that wouldn't work off your pink time.

[PVE]
Members
14,475 posts
30,663 battles

I saw 2 Pinks in a game yesterday and had to wonder how bad they had been playing to actually go pink now?

[PHD]
Members
270 posts
16,074 battles
14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I saw 2 Pinks in a game yesterday and had to wonder how bad they had been playing to actually go pink now?

I've seen a few myself.

I'm assuming it was the first time they've played since turning pink before the change.

Or somebody testing the limits to see what it takes to become pink.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,805 posts
31,131 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

2 hours ago, Potohto928 said:

I've seen a few myself.

I'm assuming it was the first time they've played since turning pink before the change.

Or somebody testing the limits to see what it takes to become pink.

Pink ships are probably the result of AFK rather than friendly fire.  I had a game yesterday with a pink ship that was AFK. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, Patton5150 said:

Wow.  That is quite a generous amount.

Looks like it is really hard to go pink with torps now. Guess its a free fire zone now. Friendly going in for a ram...I THINK  my torps will get there first.

Have to change old habits where I wouldn't shoot if I thought a friendly might catch one.  Now its a "who cares" situation,

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,209 battles

I think they're going to make it tighter eventually. But yes, worrying about green ships beyond the red ones isn't a problem now.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,805 posts
31,131 battles
21 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Looks like it is really hard to go pink with torps now. Guess its a free fire zone now. Friendly going in for a ram...I THINK  my torps will get there first.

Have to change old habits where I wouldn't shoot if I thought a friendly might catch one.  Now its a "who cares" situation,

I tend to hold back torpedoes, and sometimes gunfire if it has a long reload.  

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

I tend to hold back torpedoes, and sometimes gunfire if it has a long reload.  

I used to. Not so sure now if I think I can get the kill:Smile_trollface:

I have noticed lately that I am wasting a lot of gun salvos though. Target dies to someone else right AFTER  I click the fire button. 

Members
6,329 posts
On 6/27/2021 at 1:45 PM, magnum196940 said:

Agreed before the change I would stay back away from green bots with torps.Now I just charge in with them

Yeah, before the change, if there were 2 or more green bots with torps I'd mention to the humans to watch out for the green bots, let them get ahead of you, so you don' t get torped in the aft...

Members
6,329 posts
On 6/30/2021 at 1:42 PM, Sabot_100 said:

I used to. Not so sure now if I think I can get the kill:Smile_trollface:

I have noticed lately that I am wasting a lot of gun salvos though. Target dies to someone else right AFTER  I click the fire button. 

Yeah, usually to a 2 km spread of torps from one of the 4 or 5 DDs in the game.