You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Tell Us Your Favorite Ship And What Makes It's So Great! I Will Go First

42 comments in this topic

[AKITA]
Members
396 posts

Tell us about your favorite ship you own in game and why you enjoy it so much or what makes it great in your mind. It can be a favorite from a gaming point of view or historical. Throw up a screenshot if you want as well. 

For me it's always been the Shimakaze. I own tons and tons of ships now but my first ever line I decided to grind was for the Shima and when I got her I was over the moon. Years late and I still enjoy taking her out above any other ship in the game. She still has great concealment, her guns are not fast but they hit decently and she has smoke and speed boost for her toolkit. What makes her so impressive are the number and power of her torpedoes. She is capable of taking out any ship in the entire game if you take too many of those torps. Many DD's have entered the game and I own a lot of them but she will always be my fav Tier 10. 

Shima152kGrand.jpg

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,964 posts
2,738 battles

I like Erie because it gives the battlefield an Erie presence

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
12 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Tell us about your favorite ship you own in game and why you enjoy it so much or what makes it great in your mind. It can be a favorite from a gaming point of view or historical. Throw up a screenshot if you want as well. 

For me it's always been the Shimakaze. I own tons and tons of ships now but my first ever line I decided to grind was for the Shima and when I got her I was over the moon. Years late and I still enjoy taking her out above any other ship in the game. She still has great concealment, her guns are not fast but they hit decently and she has smoke and speed boost for her toolkit. What makes her so impressive are the number and power of her torpedoes. She is capable of taking out any ship in the entire game if you take too many of those torps. Many DD's have entered the game and I own a lot of them but she will always be my fav Tier 10. 

Shima152kGrand.jpg

Original Fubuki...only 4 torps each per 3 racks but just as capable of removing any ship in the game if they all hit...& imagine being able to do all that against the T8 spread...:Smile_trollface:

Shame it got removed right after I started...only got to run about 30 noob level games with it before the IJN DD split.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,735 battles

Asashio - it gives BB a real reason to whine!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e4f6f0d63993bf564ca7a532336ce8e3.png

• Boring 2

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles

Honestly cant decide between Wichita or Atlanta

I like the way Wichita looks, has an odd profile..but Atlanta has dakka memes. I do well in both ;-;

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles

Pommern, a BB with a lot of main guns, good secondaries, torps AND Hydro, for someone that loves brawling, whats not to love about a ship with that combo?

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles

Des Moines.  Because dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka.

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
23 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Des Moines.  Because dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka-dakka.

Or Salem...because same amount of dakka & a zombie heal too.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF8]
Members
755 posts
9,722 battles

Mogami.  Fifteen 155s, need I say more. :cap_rambo:

Edited by Slammer58

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles
3 minutes ago, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

Fuso

Power of Pagoda?

[4_0_4]
Members
303 posts
1,798 battles

Amagi, cause I just never seem to have a bad game in it, even if I end up on the losing side.  Whether up tiered or down tiered, it always feels like that ship can hold its own.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Pommern, a BB with a lot of main guns, good secondaries, torps AND Hydro, for someone that loves brawling, whats not to love about a ship with that combo?

I am a Jean Bart main.  Speed, able to angle and keep all guns on target.

But Pommern is making that ring on my finger feel a little restrictive.

5envyw.jpg

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Funny 4
  • Haha 3

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Original Fubuki...only 4 torps each per 3 racks but just as capable of removing any ship in the game if they all hit...& imagine being able to do all that against the T8 spread...:Smile_trollface:

Shame it got removed right after I started...only got to run about 30 noob level games with it before the IJN DD split.

The original,  omg....

I think I got 2 battles in her.

First time I ever saw a yammy....

Did a drive by past an island as she pushed...

The devastation was awesome! Followed by a double strike as I ate a Gearing for lunch ( he was half health) .  

Oh those guns and torps....

Fun time

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles

DERTZKI

Guns, Guns, guns....

Fast reloading torps that scream out to 4km...

When you play him right amazingly fun.

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles
37 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I am a Jean Bart main.  Speed, able to angle and keep all guns on target.

But Pommern is making that ring on my finger feel a little restrictive.

5envyw.jpg

this is why ship harems were invented

Edited by tcbaker777

[HEYPA]
Members
4 posts
2,201 battles

I know people will hate me for this, but Enterprise. For one, the ship is my favorite outside the game, and also I absolutely love the capabilities of her. Sadly the attack aircraft nerf really hit Enterprise hard. Anyway, I still love her and will play her even if they nerf her into the ground.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,203 posts
6,785 battles

Pommern for me too. IMHO, she's like the ultimate brawler in the game. :Smile_great:

It used to be GK, but I felt that the lack of torpedoes kinda limited her in some ways. Plus, her deck is actually less armored than FDG (and Pommern), so she felt like a bit of a downgrade to me, in some ways.

Before GK, it was FDG, because she's like a super-sized Bismarck (which was my favorite before FDG). Alas, having only 8 guns is also limiting in many ways, IMO. Plus, she has no torpedoes either.

Pommern seems to "fix" those issues by going for only the best parts of the high tier German BB's. Gun count of GK, the hydro from the tech tree, the torpedoes from Tirpitz, and the armor from FDG... only thing she's missing is the planes, but who cares about those, eh? LOL. :Smile_teethhappy:

[MELON]
Members
965 posts
2,817 battles

While I don't have a singular favorite ship one that I always go back to playing is atago.

The slow firing but hard hitting guns, great torpedos, constantly starting fires, and low concealment make this thing a blast to play no matter what you do.

With atago being one of the oldest premiums you'd really think this thing would have been powercrept to death but it still holds up so well.

burn.thumb.png.6220731b486c48dd511d647fc730f627.png

Members
20 posts
15,879 battles

Tier VIII - Loyang, having 3 million free xp to convert on it. Can't think of anything else, Fantastic Hydra and range 5.5, Shoots very fast 3.3, concealment 5.8, Decent AA's, Smoke dispersion 42.9 lasting 117.8 sec. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles

Currently?  Shikishima.

Ba-BOOOOOOM

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles

Bogue.

Did I say BOGUE?

EVEN NOW,  nearly two and a half YEARS after 0.8.0, it is STILL my most player ship, total games played, across Randoms, Ranked, and Co-op.

Especially after it became a 1-1-1 carrier. Since I sucked so much at carriers in Randoms, I could have my carrier fun in Co-op, and not be much of a bother to live Greens, or an annoyance to live Reds.

Bogue was at a perfect sweet spot for Co-op play. Juuuust enough AA to make you be careful, but not enough to crush your air group faster than you could react.

There were many games where all the Greens died, and I was left fighting them alone in my Bogue. I've always wondered what they thought after leaving me alone, when their ship was finally released from the game, and it was a win.

Poor little slow Bogue. I loved it more than Independence. The two 127mms on the stern saved me more than once. I learned to be pretty good with the attack adjustment tab, especially since I've never been good with manual attacks.

There were even times where I would sink everything but the bot Bogue, deplane it, then trundle around taking all the caps...

...my price, for giving those who died fast, and probably expected me to lose, a win.

My most perfect win ever in Bogue, was a Domination game on Strait.

Everything sunk, bot Bogue deplaned. I harassed it down to low health, then started to cap.

Keeping my torpedo squad nearby, I waited until there was about twenty seconds left on the cap, and made my drop.

O seconds left. Torps hit. Bot bogue sinks.

Clean sweep, and the cap ribbon.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1