You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dunnik

Torpedoes Are Broken? (Flamu)

107 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,943 posts
21,831 battles

Its a bug. An explanation here by Aeroon. If you are turning when shooting with torps, they will go off course. Go straight and you are ok. Wargaming has been made aware as I understand.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

Members
6,291 posts
8,148 battles

I wonder if it works when you're going in reverse? Such as reversing and turning to get a torp angle on a ship? Or does speed/rate of turn affect it more than the simple act of turning?

[HINON]
Members
9,143 posts
13,598 battles
2 hours ago, Le_Potate said:

[Edited]

as someone with autism, i really wish people would stop using it as a insult when some of the smartest people in the world suffered from it

it really says alot about the kind of person you are that youre using it as a insult and none of what its saying is positive

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,720 battles

I wasn't convinced with the Flolo vid, but Aerroon's reproduction is pretty convincing. 

[-BCO-]
Members
2,923 posts
5,022 battles

Well that's explains a LOT. Several times my torps missed badly in ranked and i couldn't figure out why. i wrote it down to a gitgud issue but...it seems that's not the case. At all. Playing from Eu I do have lag (normally100- 125) but i managed to get used to it quite a while ago .But lately ......tbh even the gun aiming seems to suffer badly...

Soo...refunds for flags, camo's and premium time when?

Edited by Bandi73

[USN]
Members
1,704 posts
21,672 battles

I think another youtuber (Aeroon (sp)) discovered that its a bug that only happens mostly when turning and launching torps at the same time (think the Curving Bullet scene from a movie I can't remember the name of that the Mythbusters tested)

2 hours ago, Le_Potate said:

[edited]

Yeah, good luck getting away with this one.

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles

If this is a bug it's been in the game for as long as I've been playing...not just torps but main battery also (less noticable in ships that outturn their turrets & can't fire full violeys at once...more noticeable in ships that don't outturn their turrets).

Don't consider it a bug... I've always adjusted for it as I figured it was a known parameter in the game.

Anybody that thinks this is something new that has just been discovered is so lost.

As a note...I do like how he admits that he knows his ping is way off (115) on the NA server & is normal (35) on the other servers...yet he does the experiment on the NA server...because including known dysync issues is obviously the scientific way to get click bait..

1 hour ago, _SterlingArcher_ said:

Hey @Hapa_Fodder ban this scum plz.

We don't need the likes of this here.

Hapa is retired... didn't you read his farewell message?

But I agree w/the sentiment.

As a note...the "I'm so good I introduced this bug" video w/the Holland & DM was him firing the torpedoes & then waiting (while moving full speed in a DD) until after both racks were fired (instead of at the exact instance when they were fired...which he could have easily done but chose not to for the incorrect data he needs for those clicks).

If he would have zoomed in at the exact moment he fired the torps...you would have seen that the front & back of the island was lined up (meaning that if the toros missed the front they would have missed the back too) & there was a nice little nook for the DM to hide in...but because he wanted to pretend like there was a bug in the system he waited until both racks of torps were fired & then some before zooming in where he had gone far enough past the island that the back end was sticking out in comparison to the front.

If the front & back were perfectly lined up we will never know because it's his replay & we only have where he zoomed in to go by...but they assuredly were much more lined up than at the place he zoomed in.

Hate to point this out also...in the "other angle" replay posted where it shows what seems to be a sharp angle just happen out of nowhere...notice that in his original video (where he zoomed at the wrong time) that the green indicators of his torps stayed solid green throughout...from the time he launched them...as they passed the DM...& as they passed the island...yet...

In the "other angle" video...when the torps do this magical diversion (you know..at the point where he starts screaming like a little anime girl)...there is a noticable (very very very noticable) dimming of the torps...almost like somebody superimposed over the actual green indicators with much brighter almost white torp indicators...

Funny that...huh?

Oh yeah...& in the "other angle" replay...there wasn't a "curving"...there was straight heading torps overlaid by other straight heading torps at a different angle...no "curve" at all to anything in that video splice.

Edit: Even Aeroon's video linked in post #3 in this thread debunks the "curve" theory...which negs the question...where did this supposed curve in the "other angle" come from.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[D4DDY]
Members
115 posts
6,191 battles

That not a bug

thats how it has been.

I don’t know why he is making big deal out of it.

maybe he is still bitter about CC thing

• Meh 3

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,868 battles
1 hour ago, shinytrashcan said:

still relevant though, until its fixed

What are going to fix there's nothing to fix it's another whine from the whiner .

• Boring 1
  • Meh 8

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts

Well that's why I'm so crap at hitting anything! It was never me it was always the game! :Smile_teethhappy:

Jokes aside, seeing his first video it 'seemed' like the torps were adopting the island anti-collision mechanic, but with this one it seems more like a Pitcher throwing a curve ball - keeps straight and the torps run true, turn to a particular side and the torps veer off to the side. I must admit I haven't noticed this in the past because I haven't fired at islands - when firing I tend to track the torps in relation to the target.

I have no idea how long this has been an issue, but I don't think torps are supposed to curve?

I not going to go conspiracy theory on Flamu's video, but I'd be interested if WG gives some feedback on the video (for instance, if I need to aim off to one side or another because I am turning a particular way - could they please put it in a tutorial please (not for me of course, but for new players :Smile_smile:)).

Edited by _WaveRider_

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

It's not a bug.  Islands have learned to WASD.

Well that is a known hack and therefore another reason why it is not my fault I keep missing! :Smile_trollface:

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,568 battles
12 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

That not a bug

thats how it has been.

FEYtdNZ.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

[SALVO]
Members
3,658 posts
7,507 battles
21 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

That not a bug

thats how it has been.

You and @IfYouSeeKhaos need to look at Aeroons video rather then Flamus. Which was linked 2-3 replies later.  This most  certainly IS a bug and no khaos it hasn’t been around that long. 

• Cool 3

[CGN41]
Members
27 posts
15,968 battles

I think it's a new bug. I have noticed this myself, but only in the last patch. I am quite sure I launch torps whilst turning in previous patches. Mind you, I play with a 100ms lag due to intercontinental distance.

I loved a comment on Flamu's Youtube stream where someone suggested you have to ping an island twice before the torps will hit them.

Edited by Chief_Biv
Subsequent thought

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
32 minutes ago, eviltane said:

You and @IfYouSeeKhaos need to look at Aeroons video rather then Flamus. Which was linked 2-3 replies later.  This most  certainly IS a bug and no khaos it hasn’t been around that long. 

My buddy (who was an ST) got me into this game in 2016 & quit playing by around new years 2017 at the latest...& he showed me this exact phenomena back then (sometime in 2016)...& it isn't just torps .it is main battery also.

It has been around that long.

I chalked it up as a feature of realism.

As a side note...he was showing me in reference of how using the Control X locks on ships...& to this day I still don't use it as I'm still a noob after all these years & it's multitasking that is too distracting to me...yet I liked the RTS CVs better for their multitasking aspects..go figure.

But I also never got the hang of strafe firing down...I could use the manual attacks against ships but couldn't dogfight w/it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 3

Members
1,374 posts
7,142 battles
51 minutes ago, I_Know_Putin said:

That not a bug

thats how it has been.

You don't know why a game's most prominent streamer would make a big deal about a bug with potentially major impact on gameplay he recently noticed? 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
22 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

You don't know why a game's most prominent streamer would make a big deal about a bug with potentially major impact on gameplay he recently noticed? 

Most prominent misdirection magician that would make Penn & Teller blush at just how far he goes to bring up false data.

He's know about this phenomena of torps not going up the white line if you're turning for years probably (I have...& I'm not a "most prominent" anything in this game)...just fishing for clicks in another video of misdirection & lies like always...

Make sure to hit the like & subscribe buttons if you're gullible enough to believe a word that comes out of his mouth as not being an angle to make everybody believe he's the only source for anything.

BTW...not just torps...turrets do it too...& any CV main can tell you plane ordinance does it also.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,374 posts
7,142 battles
5 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Most prominent misdirection magician that would make Penn & Teller blush at just how far he goes to bring up false data.

He's know about this phenomena of torps not going up the white line if you're turning for years probably (I have...& I'm not a "most prominent" anything in this game)...just fishing for clicks in another video of misdirection & lies like always...

Make sure to hit the like & subscribe buttons if you're gullible enough to believe a word that comes out of his mouth as not being an angle to make everybody believe he's the only source for anything.

BTW...not just toros...turrets do it too...& any CV main can tell you plane ordinance does it also.

Good for you but I, for example, played this game for years, was more knowledgeable about the mechanics in it than the vast majority of players (granted this isn't saying much) and had no idea this was a thing. I also don't see why Flamu would've held off on talking about this if until now if he'd known it was in the game years ago. 

If launched torpedoes (and other weapons) are not properly following the indicators and aim markers when a ship turns this is something that should be corrected.