You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_DukeofYork

The same should have a Revenge class or classic QE class

13 comments in this topic

Members
1,491 posts
1,608 battles

Topic pretty much says it all. The Revenges were workhorses - not particularly glamorous, but present and fighting in both world wars, and the backbone of the Royal Navy throughout the interwar period.

royal-navy-revenge-class-battleship-hms-

c8a72doezf721.jpg

british-e28098re28099-class-ww1-vintage-

... the original QEs, on the other hand, looked very different from Warspite's evolved form, with two funnels, and a large mainmast astern:

6se0xvaow4l51.jpg

queen-elisabeth-NG-irootokoJR-1024x665.j

kuooA9e-uOnp7rfSPONq3YQmU_GJFI7SzPX6FkI0

Ideally, I'd like to see both added to the game... although it would be kind of neat to see the QE put in as HMCS Acadia, Quebec, or Ontario - a serious proposal that almost happened IRL (at the bottom of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth-class_battleship ).

Edited by Battleship_DukeofYork

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,529 battles

Royal Sovereign, then she becomes Archanglesk of the USSR. Double whammy. T5 premium material...

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
2 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Royal Sovereign, then she becomes Archanglesk of the USSR. Double whammy. T5 premium material...

50% chance at beginning of the game everything will be so corroded nothing will work…

• Funny 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,529 battles
3 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

50% chance at beginning of the game everything will be so corroded nothing will work…

When they gave her to the Russians she was fresh out of a major refit in the Philadelphia Navy Yard under Lend-Lease. She was the last RN big ship rebuilt in the US as Admiral King refused to do any more with the dockyards busy with new construction, overhauls and battle damage repairs to its' own ships. The RN did not have the manpower resources mid-war to crew her and a whole bunch of new construction smaller ships at the same time so she went into reserve after the refit and was handed over to the USSR several months later.

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,171 battles
7 hours ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

Topic pretty much says it all. The Revenges were workhorses - not particularly glamorous, but present and fighting in both world wars, and the backbone of the Royal Navy throughout the interwar period.

royal-navy-revenge-class-battleship-hms-

c8a72doezf721.jpg

british-e28098re28099-class-ww1-vintage-

... the original QEs, on the other hand, looked very different from Warspite's evolved form, with two funnels, and a large mainmast astern:

6se0xvaow4l51.jpg

queen-elisabeth-NG-irootokoJR-1024x665.j

kuooA9e-uOnp7rfSPONq3YQmU_GJFI7SzPX6FkI0

Ideally, I'd like to see both added to the game... although it would be kind of neat to see the QE put in as HMCS Acadia, Quebec, or Ontario - a serious proposal that almost happened IRL (at the bottom of this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth-class_battleship ).

I have been asking for Revenge-class battleships for a while, tbh. And yes, I do love the original QE-class look1 Probably a premium HMS Barham or something similar. Revenge-class, Arkhangelsk as absolutely a possibility!

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
22 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

When they gave her to the Russians she was fresh out of a major refit in the Philadelphia Navy Yard under Lend-Lease. She was the last RN big ship rebuilt in the US as Admiral King refused to do any more with the dockyards busy with new construction, overhauls and battle damage repairs to its' own ships. The RN did not have the manpower resources mid-war to crew her and a whole bunch of new construction smaller ships at the same time so she went into reserve after the refit and was handed over to the USSR several months later.

Upon her return in 1949, inspection revealed she had been so poorly kept up, (it was suspected the main battery turrets had never been rotated, as they were jammed in train,) that the ship was a functional loss, and she was sold for scrap.

[NYAAR]
Members
2,922 posts
15,661 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

For the Revenge class, yeah I could see the Royal Sovereign/Arkhangelsk as a premium.

As for the original QE-class, I could see HMS Malaya as a premium.

She was not reconstructed before WW2, and like many of the older BBs, was decommissioned before the war ended. She is unique in being paid for by the British Malaya government, thus she flew the flag of the Federated Malay States, and she did participate in the Battle of Jutland.

[WKY20]
Members
4,222 posts
26,429 battles
22 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Archangelsk, the  StuG of battleships 😂

[WKY20]
Members
4,222 posts
26,429 battles
34 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

For the Revenge class, yeah I could see the Royal Sovereign/Arkhangelsk as a premium.

As for the original QE-class, I could see HMS Malaya as a premium.

She was not reconstructed before WW2, and like many of the older BBs, was decommissioned before the war ended. She is unique in being paid for by the British Malaya government, thus she flew the flag of the Federated Malay States, and she did participate in the Battle of Jutland.

Is the perk on a FMS ship a better grade of tea and coffee? 

Edited by Pugilistic

[EGN]
Alpha Tester
2,661 posts
6,763 battles
On 6/27/2021 at 1:05 PM, SaiIor_Moon said:

I have been asking for Revenge-class battleships for a while, tbh. And yes, I do love the original QE-class look1 Probably a premium HMS Barham or something similar. Revenge-class, Arkhangelsk as absolutely a possibility!

Why not ask for the HMS Malaya in WW1 hull, I think that could work

G3BRTT.jpg

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
9,068 posts
16,690 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Upon her return in 1949, inspection revealed she had been so poorly kept up, (it was suspected the main battery turrets had never been rotated, as they were jammed in train,) that the ship was a functional loss, and she was sold for scrap.

Her 3 surviving sisters were all sold for scrap in 1948, so no matter what the condition of Royal Sovereign returning from the USSR in 1949 she was headed that way too.

Her condition wasn't great, but it wasn't really that relevant.

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
4,027 posts
12,424 battles

I'd settle for giving Iron Duke her other :etc_swear: funnel back.

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,529 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 9:25 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Old cranks not worth anything else.