You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Very Low Win Rates

24 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles

Ericson38 - Player info and stats - WoWS Stats & Numbers - NA (wows-numbers.com)

21% in last 14 games,  36% in last 36 games.

I used to be better than this.

The bottom did drop out.

The more I play now, the more the other players are doomed.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

• Cool 1

Members
1,677 posts
18,601 battles

I'm not sure what the rules are for stat shaming yourself.:Smile_trollface:

We all go through losing streaks... all you can do is hope it doesn't last too long.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles
1 minute ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

We all go through losing streaks... all you can do is hope it doesn't last too long.

A couple of days so far.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Ericson38 - Player info and stats - WoWS Stats & Numbers - NA (wows-numbers.com)

The bottom did drop out.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

The funny thing is, I used to be better than that, and worse than that, and just as bad as that, depending on which small sample size you used.

If you've never before had a session of 14 games where you only won 3, then you've led a charmed life lol.

I suggest that, if you're going to look at small chunks, make them at least 50 games. Or a week, if going by time.

• Cool 1

[SRM]
Members
382 posts
20,369 battles

I go thru win streaks and losing streaks   I climbed from 43% WR to just Over 50% , I increased my XP from 900 to over 1400  and I started doing better  and change up ships  That seems to help me too . Just take a breath and Keep on doing your best :)  Good luck 

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
6 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

The bottom did drop out.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

You're only %3 off the MEAN for the NA server... In context... You're normal.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

And to be fair, those numbers don't even necessarily indicate large losing streaks, just several in succession.

Members
1,602 posts
2,011 battles
25 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

If you've never before had a session of 14 games where you only won 3, then you've led a charmed life lol.

That's me! Possibly because I switch to other game modes regularly.

[KIA-C]
Members
370 posts
4,954 battles
38 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

The longest losing streak I ever had was 24 games in a row, I wouldn't beat yourself so much over it.  Losing streaks even happen to the best of us. 

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
58 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

The bottom did drop out.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

Bad streaks happen.  Sometimes if your not playing well it’s a good idea to take a break. Get your mind reset and try again another day. 

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

The bottom did drop out.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

Could just be a run of losses.  You don't really have enough of a sample size there to make any conclusions.  Generally you want sample sizes to be in the thousands to look for where your skills actually are.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

Lose 10 quit for the night.

Lose 20 quit for the weekend.

Lose 30? Quit entirely. Therefore it has no meaning.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

One of the best things to ever happen to me was a 14 game losing streak right after I got the Nevsky.  It’s a good ship, and I was doing well in it, but I could not get a win to save my life!  It was comical, and that did the trick.  Sometimes, there’s just nothing you can do, so don’t let it get to you, and just play the best you can and count the minor wins.

Looking at your stats, my suggestion is to play more mid tiers (6-8).  You have decent stats in the 5-7 range, but they fall off quickly above that.  I’m guessing that you need to work on your map awareness, and that you get caught out and deleted.  Higher tiers are very punishing of this, while lower/mid tiers will let you get away with it.  You may lose a chunk of health extracting yourself, but you can often survive.

Oh, and stop beating your head against the wall with Moskva.  I’ve seen you posting about that ship for a couple of years now.  Moskva is a difficult ship to play - it isn’t the most flexible ship in the game, so if you’re trying to fit it into a role it isn’t well suited for, it will fail in fantastic ways. Find a ship that suits your playstyle better.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

The bottom did drop out.

Really wierd.

Not AFK issues.

There is gonna be streaks....make sure you're playing the role of the class you chose... if you do your part in your specific role it'll be fine in the long run

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles

Yeah, trying brawl, ranked, or randoms, loosing all of them consistently, different ships.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,516 battles

It would be a strange run if you were playing well...but you cant just show up and expect to get carried...Simply improving your survival rate so you aren't giving away points and influence would be a good start...Its better to have low influence on the match than none at all...I could be wrong but dying quickly could be the issue...sometimes you just need to play more cautiously...even if its a bit frustrating / feels like you aren't doing much atm...sometimes you need to bide your time for the right time to be aggressive .....instead of yoloing....don't lose patience early in a match...save that for desperation time later..

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles
53 minutes ago, Almedius said:

It would be a strange run if you were playing well...but you cant just show up and expect to get carried...Simply improving your survival rate so you aren't giving away points and influence would be a good start...Its better to have low influence on the match than none at all...I could be wrong but dying quickly could be the issue...sometimes you just need to play more cautiously...even if its a bit frustrating / feels like you aren't doing much atm...sometimes you need to bide your time for the right time to be aggressive .....instead of yoloing....don't lose patience early in a match...save that for desperation time later..

With my win rates already dooming the team so to speak, the last thing  that comes to mind is to have the rest of the poor suckers carry me too. I have actually only had a carry forced on me back in the earlier days is when a team is so good, there was nothing much left to shoot at.

[TRU]
Members
769 posts
23,698 battles

I always develop losing streaks when I am playing a new ship and going up a line.  The latest are the German DDs.

It also correlates when I load up on XP flags that I have been hoarding and either just make dumb mistakes or have two AFKs on my team.   

This must be a conspiracy.   

[KILL]
Members
1,088 posts
12,764 battles

it's called rigged games.    Same ship can break 100k comfortably game after game.    Next time you log on, you can't break 50k game after game.  Same ship.    It's not your luck or your team.   It's WeeGee saying you had your fun, now that your addicted pay up to have more of it.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles

Anytime I tick above 48.11%, MM says that's the highest you go... 

Really funny considering I'm a 75% CB player and 60% rank....

Members
4,256 posts
15,024 battles

Was on a bad losing streak recently. But mostly due to my own poor play, been watching NBA playoff games while playing. So like 80% of my attention is to the NBA game, and only 20% to WoWs.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,809 battles

Usually I just recommend people to play like 3 games, and if those 3 games are defeat in which you did well but your team just threw, I call it there and play something else. Spamming game will just drain you and and increases the amount of loss...and you will spam more, get more frustrated and play even badly and so on.