You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

The CV's revenge

76 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

I'll just go after cruisers. DDs get to run amok and upset BBs with their torp walls or invisifire or (if you're a Kleber/Khab fan) spam them from long range.

Just for the fun of irritating people

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 13
  • Meh 1

[VAST_]
Members
277 posts
6,934 battles
13 minutes ago, Reymu said:

The CV driver's raison d'etre! 

• Funny 5

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles

Cool, most of my guys are AA spec'd anyway, let them come... just keep those AP bombs for BBs, they are tastier with bigger citadels, you wouldn't want a lanky skinny cruiser citadel...

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles
10 minutes ago, CapnCazuul said:

The CV driver's raison d'etre! 

Haha right? He straight up admits he plays to troll other people, to make their gaming experience worse. Quintessential CV proponent

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Boring 4

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,158 posts
20,036 battles

I have a feeling the rocket attack planes nerf will be dialed back just a bit. They may not but, I have a feeling they will. Not back to where they was, but a little time shaved off the machine gun strafe then firing of rockets.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
31 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I have a feeling the rocket attack planes nerf will be dialed back just a bit. They may not but, I have a feeling they will. Not back to where they was, but a little time shaved off the machine gun strafe then firing of rockets.

From what I've heard some CV players are already adapting and hitting DDs anyway - its been less than 2 weeks from the change.

And seriously, when have DDs ever run Amok - WG will never have the DD rise above any of the current ship types for damage. This was the funniest tantrum post I've seen for a while. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,445 posts
10,568 battles
45 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Haha right? He straight up admits he plays to troll other people, to make their gaming experience worse. Quintessential CV proponent

0nv4pHf.jpg

• Funny 6
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[NONE]
Members
4,016 posts
12,354 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

I'll just go after cruisers. DDs get to run amok and upset BBs with their torp walls or invisifire or (if you're a Kleber/Khab fan) spam them from long range.

How is this any different from the usual CV sociopathy?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
15 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

And seriously, when have DDs ever run Amok -

Of course, I was a newbie then, and didn't want to play DDs, so.....:Smile_trollface:

Edited by Skpstr

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
41 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I am quite certain of that. In its current form only the top CV players will do alright and everyone else might as well park the rocket fighters.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
11 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Of course, I was a newbie then, and didn't want to play DDs, so.....:Smile_trollface:

Did they run amok? Or was it that the Rock Paper Scissors was still a thing back then and the DD merely did equal damage?

Still, maybe after 6 years WG is going to change everything back now :cap_hmm:.......:cap_haloween:yeah right.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
1 hour ago, Reymu said:

This is the toxic mindset of CV players for everyone to look at.  This is what happens when you create a class so broken, you create god complexes within your community.  

But its okay Reymu, many of us better players cheer for people like you to be salty every time your broken toy gets nerfed some more.  

You'll feel better though hitting those DDs, Just lead. <3

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
20 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am quite certain of that. In its current form only the top CV players will do alright and everyone else might as well park the rocket fighters.

It is interesting how you frame CVs being such a bad thing for how only very good players can do X with mechanics.  I don't see you talking about how for example, very few USN CL players know how to open water gunboat and not just use islands to fire from, or how only extremely good prediction of top players in USN BBs can hit targets at long range due to their predictions.

So at that point, its one of two things:  The attitude here shows just how coddled and special CVs are just for having a mechanic that is difficult over others when many ships and classes face those same difficulties, or how much people instinctively know how broken CVs are and how much it'll affect the match that a single player will struggle dealing damage.

Its one of those two things, and you can't really talk your way out of this one.  The implications at that point speak for themselves.

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
6 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Did they run amok? Or was it that the Rock Paper Scissors was in force and they did equal damage?

Still, after 6 years is WG going to change everything now lol.

They ran amok on me, largely because I didn't know how to deal with them, and was playing lower-tier BBs and CAs. (thus big speed deficits)

On the limited occasions when I played them back then, (I did get up to Mahan) O was not running amok on anyone lol.

Now it's different. I take less damage from DDs, and do more in them.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
11 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I'm not so sure, why would they - there is nothing stopping those rockets being used on something else. To say that because a rocket plane can't hit a DD like fish in a barrel, it is now useless just shows how badly the change was needed surely?

The wiping out of DDs by rocket planes was close to OWSF, the constant buzzing and smacking away at the HP and most DD AA able to do nothing. Are we really arguing that the CV is so useless without this 'fish in a barrel' mechanic that it has to be reinstated - that really says a lot about the CV player considering the position they hold in relation to the ship it preyed on with those rockets. 

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

They ran amok on me, largely because I didn't know how to deal with them, and was playing lower-tier BBs and CAs. (thus big speed deficits)

On the limited occasions when I played them back then, (I did get up to Mahan) O was not running amok on anyone lol.

Now it's different. I take less damage from DDs, and do more in them.

Ahhh, so lower tier and a player that states he didn't know how to deal with them; fair enough.

I thought it may well be the time that the DD was seen as the viable counter to the BB, when the number of hydro, radar, gunboat DDs, and things like RPF weren't a thing (and of course the spotters, fighters and CV planes that were).

I've often thought and mentioned on the forums that I think the BB needs more speed at lower tiers (and maybe some at higher tiers too! lol). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
3 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

It is interesting how you frame CVs being so bad that only very good players can do X with mechanics.  I don't see you talking about how for example, very few USN CL players know how to open water gunboat and not just use islands to fire from, or how only extremely good prediction of top players in USN BBs can hit targets at long range due to their predictions.

So at that point, its one of two things:  The attitude here shows just how coddled and special CVs are just for having a mechanic that is difficult over others, or how much people instinctively know how broken CVs are and how much it'll affect the match that a single player will struggle dealing damage.

Its one of those two things, and you can't really talk your way out of this one.  The implications at that point speak for themselves.

I am saying that because an aware DD player could make a rocket attack an exercise in frustration even without the extra time before the rockets actually fire. This is the DD's being coddled because OMG I was sailing in a straight line and the CV hammered me with rockets.

Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

I'm not so sure, why would they - there is nothing stopping those rockets being used on something else. To say that because a rocket plane can't hit a DD like fish in a barrel, it is now useless just shows how badly the change was needed surely?

The wiping out of DDs by rocket planes was close to OWSF, the constant buzzing and smacking away at the HP and most DD AA able to do nothing. Are we really arguing that the CV is so useless without this 'fish in a barrel' mechanic that it has to be reinstated - that really says a lot about the CV player considering the position they hold in relation to the ship it preyed on with those rockets. 

Of course they can use them on other ships but I think it over does the nerf. Yeah the lower tier DD's do have weak AA but by tier 8 it becomes dangerous enough that the CV player cannot hang around and if the DD player is smart they are clicking off their AA to shorten their detection radius which for most DD's will force the CV player to guess on the DD's course before making their attack.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ahhh, so lower tier and a player that states he didn't know how to deal with them; fair enough.

I thought it may well be the time that the DD was seen as the viable counter to the BB, when the number of hydro, radar, gunboat DDs, and things like RPF weren't a thing (and of course the spotters, fighters and CV planes that were).

I'm sure that was a factor too, but unlike many who play DDs, my experience doesn't span multiple iterations, so I can't really compare.

Basically, almost all of my DD experience is as a player with quite a bit of general experience, with all of the DD counters in play, no OWSF, and no RTS CVS. (to be fair though, I also never had to concern myself with planes spotting my torps lol)

IOW, I don't have any "halcyon days" of DD gameplay to miss.

[CNO]
Members
6,737 posts
20,178 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Cool, most of my guys are AA spec'd anyway, let them come... just keep those AP bombs for BBs, they are tastier with bigger citadels, you wouldn't want a lanky skinny cruiser citadel...

DDs never impressed me.  Skinny cruisers....ummh.  Preferably a non smoker.

• Funny 2

Members
209 posts
39 minutes ago, 0ldRichard said:

How is this any different from the usual CV sociopathy?

It isn't. CV's are the bathtub toys at mental health institutions.

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
6,704 battles
54 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

From what I've heard some CV players are already adapting and hitting DDs anyway - its been less than 2 weeks from the change.

And seriously, when have DDs ever run Amok - WG will never have the DD rise above any of the current ship types for damage. This was the funniest tantrum post I've seen for a while. :Smile_teethhappy:

DDs ran amok before hydro and radar were added.

Due to how DDs slaughter other DDs and are slaughtered by them and DD health being low DD average damage will never be as high as other types of ships.  DD players like to use that metric because it paints DDs as weak, underperforming and in need of buffs, but that is lying with statistics.

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Of course they can use them on other ships but I think it over does the nerf. Yeah the lower tier DD's do have weak AA but by tier 8 it becomes dangerous enough that the CV player cannot hang around and if the DD player is smart they are clicking off their AA to shorten their detection radius which for most DD's will force the CV player to guess on the DD's course before making their attack.

Overdone the nerf - the nerf that was meant to stop rocket planes hitting DDs for high damage and sending them back to port? The change that some CV players are already adapting to (not completely, obviously - otherwise the nerf would be a failure)?

The problem is some CV players only needed to spot and readjust their run in to hit the DD (and I say some as I don't want to overstate what could be done).

For me I think the change is warranted if it extends the time a DD player survives - they are the lowest surviving ship type after all. My biggest hope is that the CV does not get penalised in regards to its earnings - it can afford not to hit and kill a DD, that really isn't a big deal compared to the return to port the DD had, but I don't want the CV to be affected in its earnings.

• Meh 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts
7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Due to how DDs slaughter other DDs and are slaughtered by them and DD health being low DD average damage will never be as high as other types of ships.  DD players like to use that metric because it paints DDs as weak, underperforming and in need of buffs, but that is lying with statistics.

If the DDs die quickly then they die quickly - if they don't do the damage that other types do - then they are weaker when it comes to damage and these 2 areas in general. That is a fact not a lie.

However, the longer a DD survives the stronger it gets in regards to its influence in game. This is probably what allows it to do equally well with its earnings. I have no problem in taking all the stats into account.

The DD is where WG wants it to be, it will stay there - guaranteed! All they have done is try to take away the scenario where they can be taken out early (no more than happened with the CV rework; done to stop some players killing other too quickly). :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Meh 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
6,704 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

If the DDs die quickly then they die quickly - if they don't do the damage that other types do - then they are weaker when it comes to damage and these 2 areas in general. That is a fact.

However, the longer a DD survives the stronger it gets in regards to its influence in game. This is probably what allows it to do equally well with its earnings. I have no problem in taking all the stats into account.

The DD is where WG wants it to be, it will stay there - guaranteed! All they have done is try to take away the scenario where they can be taken out early (no more than happened with the CV rework; done to stop some players killing other too quickly). :Smile_honoring:

Don't get me wrong, you could buff DDs until they had average damage along the lines of BBs or even higher while keeping their stealth, agility and torpedo alpha, but to get them there they would need to be grossly over powered to the point that playing any other type of ship would be stupid.

Easiest way would be to simply buff their health pools to same Tier BB levels and given them heals like BBs.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles
8 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

They are always crying we victims man we victims when really they are not :Smile_teethhappy: