You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thunder_Feet

I really want Ohio, but 1148 points short...

8 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
Members
462 posts
18,767 battles

I'm a co-op main and am at my best when playing DDs, but that being said, I really want Ohio for a research ship.  Colbert seems "meh" and I just don't know about Druid, Vampire2, or Yolo Emilio as being great DDs in co-op, or in randoms either for that matter.  Such mixed reviews on them.  My big question is whether I will be able to accrue 1148 research points in a reasonable amount of time - I can't see any missions or anything else that yield research points right now, and don't want to reset a line for that many points - especially since I just used my 2x bonus and my FXP to do a reset this weekend.  Does anyone know of anything on the horizon to get that many research points without a reset?

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

You can get points each month doing the daily missions.  I can't remember if its 800, or 1200 per month.  In less than a week new missions will start.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,276 posts
13,651 battles

When July hits the daily missions reset and you can earn 1200 rb points plus whatever clan port bonus. I think the final rb point comes at 75 daily mission completion so if you finish them all each day you can have enough by July 13

[ICOP]
Members
462 posts
18,767 battles

Thanks.  I knew there was SOMEWHERE I was getting research points but couldn't remember where.  Yeah, that will do the trick, especially since my clan is just about to do the last research bureau upgrade and we get full bonus.   Mid July is no problem to wait for that, thanks again!

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
48 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You can get points each month doing the daily missions.  I can't remember if its 800, or 1200 per month.  In less than a week new missions will start.

its 1200! :D

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,658 posts
24,590 battles
3 hours ago, Thunder_Feet said:

I'm a co-op main and am at my best when playing DDs, but that being said, I really want Ohio for a research ship.  Colbert seems "meh" and I just don't know about Druid, Vampire2, or Yolo Emilio as being great DDs in co-op, or in randoms either for that matter.  Such mixed reviews on them.  My big question is whether I will be able to accrue 1148 research points in a reasonable amount of time - I can't see any missions or anything else that yield research points right now, and don't want to reset a line for that many points - especially since I just used my 2x bonus and my FXP to do a reset this weekend.  Does anyone know of anything on the horizon to get that many research points without a reset?

I'm a DD main who also likes CL. Colbert is a butt-kicking blast in Coop! Especially if there are more bots on your side than humans. Such a fresh feeling raining a rainbow of shells on targets!! Easily 150k+ in damage, several times 1000+ base XP.

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 7:57 AM, Thunder_Feet said:

Such mixed reviews on them.  

Be careful about believing "reviews" from certain well-known players. Most of the reviews are for play in PvP. Many times a ship given a horrible review for PvP is just dandy for PvE. Just sayin'. :Smile_Default:

[BEA5T]
Members
603 posts
19,164 battles
On 6/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, Thunder_Feet said:

Let me start by saying   ...  Within COOP BOTs are DYNAMITE ( extremely proficient) at focus fire so you have to be real careful about using DD's  with limited\no smoke.    As it is well known as soon as you pop smoke in COOP the bots will immediately cease firing in your direction.  

In COOP the FRENCH line of DDs offer the fastest speed but the issue becomes the ability to change directions will have to be taken into consideration.  ( Fast speed widens the turn radius) so wiggle wagging as you run can be problematic when dealing with BOT's extremely accurate fire. 

Also DD's without Torpedo launcher also fall into you have to be really attentive as you may have multiple BOTS bearing down on you are a DD which means they will chase you to end of the map while ignoring a friendly sailing next to you.  ( other than a CV)  That is a whole nother story :Smile_facepalm:  

I am also looking at the Vampire2 as well not to for use more so in COOP but for Clan Battles.   

As I have the DDs Kleber, Halland and Marceau playing them in COOP presents a quite a challenge but one of the keys is your ability to master the usage of island coverage and your ships concealment range to get as close as possible to your objectives.  

Playing them in COOP helps alot in that aspect but it does the take into use of Radar which is heavily used in PVP, Ranked and Clan Battles.   

So all that to say GET the Ship you want ...  it just may be more suited for the other type battles if you ever chose to go down that path.