Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SgtSullyNZ

USS Orleck

8 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,628 battles

https://orleck.org/

If you are not aware this Gearing Class Destroyer DD-886 is a museum ship that is now in Jacksonville.

Like all naval Museums it needs funds to keep operating and preserving this history.

What I would like to hear from the Community, should WG create a perma camo that could be purchased for a Gearing, nothing too flash, that could be used to raise funds for this restoration/ museum activity. And it would be great to have it on the Longest Night of the Museums next year?

Thoughts/ comments?

Maybe a collection of Camos, that includes USS Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. DD-850.

Is a camo okay, or a premium ship?

Edited by SgtSullyNZ
Spelling and content
  • Cool 2

[--K--]
Supertester
1,622 posts
15,984 battles

I've been extremely disappointed that Orange didn't do more to keep her near where she was built, I got to tour her once but hope I can again some day. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,628 battles
Just now, GandalfTehGray said:

I've been extremely disappointed that Orange didn't do more to keep her near where she was built, I got to tour her once but hope I can again some day. 

so long as she is kept some where to be seen. Movies like Greyhound cannot be made as well, as they are, without these ships.

• Cool 1

[COOP2]
Members
79 posts

I'd happily part with $ for an Orleck skin or clone of Gearing.
I'd throw stupid $ at a USS Houston, WG could bundle it with Perth as well, they both went down in the same shootout.

• Cool 2

[KIVA]
Members
239 posts
1 hour ago, EP429 said:

I'd throw stupid $ at a USS Houston, WG could bundle it with Perth as well, they both went down in the same shootout.

Why stop there? They could just do a "Cruisers of the ABDA Command" bundle, at this point. Marblehead, Boise, Exeter, and now De Ruyter are also in-game, with Java on the way. It'd be a great way to introduce Houston and promote the new Dutch cruiser line at the same time (maybe with camos for the two Dutch cruisers, since they're tech tree ships- super rare for low-tiers to get permacamos, I know, but still). It'd make for a fantastic introductory bundle for new players, would sell like hotcakes to history buffs, and Houston is literally the only ship they'd need to do modeling work on if she's not already in dev. Hell, even without Houston, they could do it with the other ships they've already got- it just makes sense.

Which is why it won't happen, of course.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Deadguy
  • Cool 3

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,313 posts
15,119 battles
1 hour ago, SgtSullyNZ said:

so long as she is kept some where to be seen. Movies like Greyhound cannot be made as well, as they are, without these ships.

I'm still aggravated that Greyhound still hasn't had a physical Blu-Ray release or digital release outside Apple TV. I have no interest in subscribing to Apple TV to watch one movie.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
17 posts
8,628 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

I'm still aggravated that Greyhound still hasn't had a physical Blu-Ray release or digital release outside Apple TV. I have no interest in subscribing to Apple TV to watch one movie.

I literally cried when i learned that is what they did to that movie. What a waste

• Cool 1

[WHARF]
Members
482 posts
19,760 battles
8 hours ago, Zaydin said:

You can get a free months preview...i did that just to watch

Sign in to follow this