You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

rockets are now useless on carriers

77 comments in this topic

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles

its plain to see that the changes have rendered rockets absolutely useless on carriers and i dont even use them anymore.

on click to start  your run aiming ahead of the target

second click when green, and machine guns start

third click to fire rockets.  (if they fire, if the target has passed  you by at that stage, if  you have over flyed the target and then they fire.

Overflying the target without firing is a common occurance.  Not through lack of skill but due to the fact that the new system has been totally screwed over.

They need to be reverted back to what they were before .  aim , click start  your run,  click to fire.   (there doesnt need an extra step to be added to make it fail)

For some Destroyer attacks you have to start  your run before you can even see them due to their concealment to its not easy for carrier drivers.

Why does it have to be more complicated than that...... Really wargamming.    Destroyers really are not hard done by and are only getting sunk by carrier rockets if they already have existing damage.  Im sure your beta testers will confirm that.

it takes 3 or 4 runs on a destroyer to kill it if your very accurate, and that takes time, 5-10 mins.  it only takes 30 seconds for another destroyer to sink a destroyer so what  is all this agro.

Destroyers are the primary threat to carriers,  1. for spotting it, 2 for attacking it.  They dont need a free ride to make it easier for them to kill carriers.  Keep the level playing field.

Other ships dont get  "deflections" on their aiming before firing or force them to exaggerate their lead to target.  Why do carriers have to endure this utterly rediculous and stupid change.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

Members
949 posts
220 battles
39 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

its plain to see that the changes have rendered rockets absolutely useless on carriers and i dont even use them anymore.

Try firing them on other ships like cruisers and Battleships.  You would have been one of the few to shoot rockets at CVs.

third click to fire rockets.  (if they fire, if the target has passed  you by at that stage, if  you have over flyed the target and then they fire.

Overflying the target without firing is a common occurance.  Not through lack of skill but due to the fact that the new system has been totally screwed over.

They need to be reverted back to what they were before .  aim , click start  your run,  click to fire.   (there doesnt need an extra step to be added to make it fail)

Before, like pre-re-work when there were no rockets?

For some Destroyer attacks you have to start  your run before you can even see them due to their concealment to its not easy for carrier drivers.

Sad.  You need a spotter.  Same as any other ship

Why does it have to be more complicated than that...... Really wargamming.    Destroyers really are not hard done by and are only getting sunk by carrier rockets if they already have existing damage.  Im sure your beta testers will confirm that.

it takes 3 or 4 runs on a destroyer to kill it if your very accurate, and that takes time, 5-10 mins.  it only takes 30 seconds for another destroyer to sink a destroyer so what  is all this agro.

Destroyers are the primary threat to carriers,  1. for spotting it, 2 for attacking it.  They dont need a free ride to make it easier for them to kill carriers.  Keep the level playing field.

Really?  For a DD to get to a CV they (the DD) has to go over the whole map and  get past the entire red team with being detected.  If DD is the biggest threat. you're not looking at the mini map (or doing something wrong)

Other ships dont get  "deflections" on their aiming before firing or force them to exaggerate their lead to target.  Why do carriers have to endure this utterly rediculous and stupid change.

.Why do players have to put up with plane mechanics, and automated AA?

Edited by Laser_Beam
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
624 posts
17,501 battles

DDs have to lead their guns and torps....

Actually all ships have to lead shots and now so do rocket planes.

Love the change

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,704 battles
40 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

No such thing is plain.  There has not been remotely enough time for players to adjust to the change for anything concrete to be known yet.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
229 posts
71 battles

Remember when the CV supporters would say:

"...and refuses to adapt to new mechanics..."

• Cool 4

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

What are you proposing instead of the delay in firing?  I think the delay should probably be removed and air detection for DDs cut in half.  What do you have to deal with the issue of rockets overpreforming?

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,698 posts
6,704 battles
Just now, DevilD0g said:

im saying its unfair to from a game balance point of view to expect them to adjust to the changes when others do not , i say do not have to endure that level of deflection before firing in any shape or form.

Which changes did others not adjust too?  WG generally lets things go for a few months before they make additional changes.

Supertester
4,266 posts
4,646 battles
55 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

But there's only 2 clicks like before? There's no 3rd click for rockets, that's just to stop following the strike with your camera. 

• Thanks 1

Members
229 posts
71 battles
1 minute ago, DevilD0g said:

im saying its unfair to from a game balance point of view to expect them to adjust to the changes when others do not , i say do not have to endure that level of deflection before firing in any shape or form.

Unfair?!?!?!?!?

Planes travel at over 100knots!!!!

Planes survive and are still controllable even when the Ship that spawned is sunk!!!

How dare you try to claim what is fair and what is not!

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[BONKS]
Members
425 posts
9,977 battles

Cope, and maybe you'll improve at the game while you consider how much you've relied on a single mechanic to be effective.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

What are you proposing instead of the delay in firing?  I think the delay should probably be removed and air detection for DDs cut in half.  What do you have to deal with the issue of rockets overpreforming?

Air detection of DD's is already hard to do.  most times  you only find them if you run over them.   Then when you turn to attack them they are invisible again but your still taking AA damage so  you have to use your minimap and your gut instinct on where  you think they ar and start  your run and adjust your aim when  you finally see them.  So its not all beer and roses for carrier players either.

Edited by DevilD0g

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
2 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Air detection of DD's is already hard to do.  most times  you only find them if you run over them.   Then when you turn to attack them they are invisible again so  you have to use your minimap and your gut instinct on where  you think they ar and start  your run and adjust your aim when  you finally see them.  So its not all beer and roses for carrier players either.

I'd say the air detection of DDs isn't a problem.  I mean rockets needed to be nerfed, that sure says CV players weren't having problem seeing and attacking DDs.

Edited by Slimeball91

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Which changes did others not adjust too?  WG generally lets things go for a few months before they make additional changes.

yeah we all saw what a great idea deadeye was as well, another brainiac decision, now its gone.   Trying to bring in new funky ways to make money and get people to buy ships.  that was a total failure, as this rocket change is.

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'd say the air detection of DDs isn't a problem.  I mean rockets needed to be nerfed, that sure says CV players weren't having problem seeing and attacking DDs.

no rockets didnt need to be nerfed, DD drivers just have to learn how to drive their ships when they are being attacked and expect to take some damage NOT NO DAMAGE. 

Instead of the list of wallet warriors that didnt learn the lessons of grinding and instead buy these ships and get pissy when they get rocketed for driving in a straight line.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,313 posts
15,119 battles

It'd be nice if WG would add something to alert players when DDs fire torpedoes since apparently WG thinks attacks need heads up. A flash of light/smoke when DDs launch torpedoes that reveals their situation.

Rockets were pretty easy to mitigate before this unnecessary nerf so I'm sure DD mains won't mind applying the same concept to destroyers.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
1 minute ago, DevilD0g said:

no rockets didnt need to be nerfed,

WG disagrees.  I was trying to give you a chance to show us you have some ideas on what might work better.  At this point it just looks like you to keep the CV/DD interaction imbalanced.  If I'm wrong on that go ahead and tell me.

Members
949 posts
220 battles
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

It'd be nice if WG would add something to alert players when DDs fire torpedoes since apparently WG thinks attacks need heads up. A flash of light/smoke when DDs launch torpedoes that reveals their situation.

Rockets were pretty easy to mitigate before this unnecessary nerf so I'm sure DD mains won't mind applying the same concept to destroyers.

Its called hydro

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
13 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

You mean like torps showing up before they hit you, giving you time to dodge.  Still, torps aren't the issue, rockets are.  I'll ask the same of you, what do you have that might be better than the rocket firing delay to address the issue?

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 1

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles
11 minutes ago, UwUnicum said:

Cope, and maybe you'll improve at the game while you consider how much you've relied on a single mechanic to be effective.

A comment from  a player that cant see through his own huberus to have an open mind and  see something that is defective and needs to be changed.  Debating tactic : attack the man when  you have no augument

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles
18 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You mean like torps showing up before they hit you, giving you time to dodge.  Still, torps aren't the issue, rockets are.  I'll ask the same of you, what you have that might be better than the rocket firing delay to address the issue?

The current game mechanics work fine. They do not need to be changed.  This is an unnecessary change  CV and DD are natural hunters.  DD hunt cv's and most times they win, Why? because they go around the map unseen and by the time they are close a carrier player is using his planes on the map and doesnt see the DD untill its on top of him. Then its possible to kill the DD but most unlikely .  if the CV player is stupid they will sit still  and be easy prey.  But still the carrier needs to be able to defend but generally  the secondaries are just rubbish, except german carrier premium.

Do i need to penalise DD in some way in regards to carriers.. no,... what would that prove and only indicate bias.

Rocket plane changes that have been made indicate they are being penalised for a small group of players that are just being good at what they do.  rockets have a 50% hit rate at best, most times less than that.   A dd wont die on one run from a rocket plane unless they have a lot of existing damage.  That used to occur when rockets first came out but they made changes to that so it wouldnt occur ever again.

By making these changes it makes it so that rocket planes really have a minimal chance of hitting. its like playing pin the tail on the donkey with  your blindfold on.

Wargamming needs to do their own testing on this instead of releasing the change and blindly let the community do the testing for them .  it should have been done on the test server not the live server

They are russian, Im sure they are not politically nieve to how the community would have reacted to this.

Its not up to me to provide alternative fixes to their problems, but they need to fix the problems they are creating.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,485 posts
20 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

LOL, DD detection from the air is already 2.6 km at high tiers. Destroyers are "small" in the game but they aren't exactly small in real life. 1.3 kilometers isn't even a mile. You can see a hawk flying a mile away. Yes, WOWS is "not a sim" but let's not throw reality completely out the window and just make DDs invisible to planes.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

LOL, DD detection from the air is already 2.6 km at high tiers. Destroyers are "small" in the game but they aren't exactly small in real life. 1.3 kilometers isn't even a mile. You can see a hawk flying a mile away. Yes, WOWS is "not a sim" but let's not throw reality completely out the window and just make DDs invisible to planes.

By the same standards DDS are invisible to BBs, and that seems to be perfectly fine.  I don't see any issues with CVs needing to have surface ships spot DDs.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
14 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

he current game mechanics work fine. They do not need to be changed.

Pretend for a second the publisher disagrees, and they think the CV/DD interaction needs to be changed.  How would you solve this issue?

16 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Wargamming needs to do their own testing on this instead of releasing the change and blindly let the community do the testing for them .  it should have been done on the test server not the live server

I'm sure WG did test this.  WG has admitted for over two years now that the CV/DD interaction hasn't been balanced.  They have made several changes, and have yet to solve the issue.  I think this firing delay is not the right change, but its the best change so far.