Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BugsBunni

21 Point Captain

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

102
[PVE]
Members
294 posts

I sold a German ship the other day and seemingly lost a 21 pointer in the process.

I don't remember asking him to be dismissed and had a slot in reserve.

I submitted a ticket to ask for him to be reinstated. Am I out of luck on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,382
[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,773 battles
6 minutes ago, BugsBunni said:

I sold a German ship the other day and seemingly lost a 21 pointer in the process.

I don't remember asking him to be dismissed and had a slot in reserve.

I submitted a ticket to ask for him to be reinstated. Am I out of luck on this?

They would just roll back your account to that day.

All your other progress would be reset.  You will lose a couple days (campaigns, tasks, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,721 battles

I would think so. When you dismiss a Captain, now, you can't recover him. There is no "grace period" to change your mind.

That truly sucks, too. Lot of effort in one of those...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[PVE]
Members
294 posts
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

I would think so. When you dismiss a Captain, now, you can't recover him. There is no "grace period" to change your mind.

That truly sucks, too. Lot of effort in one of those...

Yes there was. About 5 years worth given I'm a coop main. It wasn't so easy to do this in the old format when selling ships.

Fingers crossed!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,824
[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
3 hours ago, BugsBunni said:

I sold a German ship the other day and seemingly lost a 21 pointer in the process.

I don't remember asking him to be dismissed and had a slot in reserve.

I submitted a ticket to ask for him to be reinstated. Am I out of luck on this?

I'd give up the few days of progress to get him back... I'd add an addendum to the ticket telling them you'd go for a roll back to get him back as they don't ask you if you want that option...they just tell you you can't get him back...

But you can with a roll back.

That's a long co-op grind..I feel for you..(especially w/you're avatar...kinda sums up how you must be feeling).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[PVE]
Members
294 posts
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'd give up the few days of progress to get him back... I'd add an addendum to the ticket telling them you'd go for a roll back to get him back as they don't ask you if you want that option...they just tell you you can't get him back...

But you can with a roll back.

That's a long co-op grind..I feel for you..(especially w/you're avatar...kinda sums up how you must be feeling).

Yes, it certainly does. WG replied this morning and feels I'm referring to the Hanover captain so it sounds like I'm screwed.

Very disappointing as it is of no monetary value and would cost WG literally nothing to fix this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,824
[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
3 hours ago, BugsBunni said:

Yes, it certainly does. WG replied this morning and feels I'm referring to the Hanover captain so it sounds like I'm screwed.

Very disappointing as it is of no monetary value and would cost WG literally nothing to fix this. 

Can you even dismiss those commanders?

You're not screwed (other than needing to do a rollback)...just correct them & clarify what you're talking about.

Let them know the ship you sold he was assigned to...that should jog their memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[PVE]
Members
294 posts
44 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Can you even dismiss those commanders?

You're not screwed (other than needing to do a rollback)...just correct them & clarify what you're talking about.

Let them know the ship you sold he was assigned to...that should jog their memory.

I know you can send them to reserve, but not sure about dismissing. I feel like they are saying the 21 point captain I have is that one I'm referring to which it is not.

I did tell them the ship I sold so hopefully that will suffice. Barring that, I will ask for the roll back as an option as per your suggestion.

Thanks for your help Khaos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,824
[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
1 hour ago, BugsBunni said:

I know you can send them to reserve, but not sure about dismissing. I feel like they are saying the 21 point captain I have is that one I'm referring to which it is not.

I did tell them the ship I sold so hopefully that will suffice. Barring that, I will ask for the roll back as an option as per your suggestion.

Thanks for your help Khaos!

NP...& GL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[PVE]
Members
294 posts

Update:

If this ever does happen to anyone else, you can get your commander back.

WG will allow this once every 3 months. Lesson learned for me however. I will always send my commanders to reserve prior to selling a ship moving forward.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,085
[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles

With snowflakes now a thing, there is no reason ever to sell any ship at Tier 5 or higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,565 posts
7,729 battles
45 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

With snowflakes now a thing, there is no reason ever to sell any ship at Tier 5 or higher.

Well. Unless a Player needs silver and doesnt have alot, or they have 0 port slots to spare. The latter is the primary reason why i have gaps in ships i own.

Mahaan, algerie, bayard, almost all the tier 5 ships got sold because i had no port slots, or needed silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,085
[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

or they have 0 port slots to spare.

I'd be more sympathetic to that position if the game weren't giving them out for free on a regular basis.

OP has been in the game for five years, which means they were around when WG was giving out free port slots at the rate of three a month. I have nearly forty of the damn things.

I might sell modules, I might sell upgrades, I might even sell flags, but ships are so expensive in credits to get back that I keep those in port (with the exception of RB resets, but those have specific gains in other areas that can't otherwise be realized). The last ship I sold solely to pick up another one, I had cause to regret. Replacing her was expensive, especially since you only get half your credits back. It's not a churn you want to indulge in if you can help it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,565 posts
7,729 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd be more sympathetic to that position if the game weren't giving them out for free on a regular basis.

OP has been in the game for five years, which means they were around when WG was giving out free port slots at the rate of three a month. I have nearly forty of the damn things.

I might sell modules, I might sell upgrades, I might even sell flags, but ships are so expensive in credits to get back that I keep those in port (with the exception of RB resets, but those have specific gains in other areas that can't otherwise be realized). The last ship I sold solely to pick up another one, I had cause to regret. Replacing her was expensive, especially since you only get half your credits back. It's not a churn you want to indulge in if you can help it.

I dont disagree completely, but they also may not have played during that entire time frame, im active as crap and i cant keep up on port slots. Ill be out of them as soon as i rebuy all the tier 5, 6 and 7 ships ive sold and ive got..oh...6 or 7 lines nearing the next tier too? Least they take awhile, but its really not alot given out these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,100
[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles
13 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Well. Unless a Player needs silver and doesnt have alot, or they have 0 port slots to spare. The latter is the primary reason why i have gaps in ships i own.

Mahaan, algerie, bayard, almost all the tier 5 ships got sold because i had no port slots, or needed silver.

Port slots are not "expensive" (300 doubloons, or 150 doubloons per slot when they're on sale).
Credits can be earned, even in a Tier-1 ship.
It's just a matter of accumulating credits and being patient or planning ahead for the anticipated expenditure.

Since I'm a member of the Collector's Club, selling a ship doesn't make much sense to me nowadays.  https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/177016-world-of-warships-collectors-club/

When I had doubloons in abundance, I spent a portion of them on extra Reserve Barracks slots and port slots.  Planning ahead.  I haven't run out of them, yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×