Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mika_The_Vampire

something i noticed and am i doing well in my ships?

9 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
1,342 battles

i do better in the hizen than the Izumo??? yet the hizen seems to be a overall inferior ship? i guess i just need to do better in the izumo...

like from the stats i have seen the hizen is basically a worse Amagi that was uptiered. though i did really like the amagi.

xDPQmY5.png

also, am i doing well in my ships?

t8aqMpH.png

• Boring 1

Members
4,254 posts
14,998 battles

Might be a good idea to get a real firm grasp of the game in tiers 5-7; before really delving into high tier play. 

Otherwise, for a new player, you are doing fine. Could be better, but could be way worse. Just be observant, and learn from your mistakes.

If you are just interested in "fun", I wouldnt worry about stats too much. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
18 posts
1,342 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Might be a good idea to get a real firm grasp of the game in tiers 5-7; before really delving into high tier play. 

Otherwise, for a new player, you are doing fine. Could be better, but could be way worse. Just be observant, and learn from your mistakes.

If you are just interested in "fun", I wouldnt worry about stats too much. 

i was thinking about playing the Mutsu, Ise and Nelson some more, i have fun in all 3.

[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

I remember you posting a few weeks back about being too bad for this game or something. Glad to see you took some of the advice offered here and got to improving.

Edited by warheart1992

[GWG]
Members
7,729 posts
14,741 battles
1 hour ago, Mika_The_Vampire said:

i was thinking about playing the Mutsu, Ise and Nelson some more, i have fun in all 3.

First battle usually gets an XP boost, so I use my most needy grinder for that.
For me, priority goes to the line I already have perma camo waiting for in upper tiers.

If you still have the 200% XP boost on the Ise, the operation is a great Capt XP boost.
I stick a 21 point captain on the Ise and usually pull in 5,000 Elite XP per mission.  Current mission is tough. 
I did a lot of DD spotting with the planes - and we didn't get over-run.  Team-mates were shocked and didn't know what to do...  

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,396 battles

I’ll be frank with my personal assessment and probably rank your overall as average, maybe slightly below, based on the stats you provided.

First thing I noticed is that your average damage is on the low side. This is class dependent as those damage numbers would be considered very good on most DDs. But as a high tier BB I would say a good goal to strive for is to do as much damage as your max HP (or close to it).

Are you finding targets? How early are you dying? How often are you bouncing or overpenning? Are you tanking and retreating when appropriate? Are you missing a lot?

Diagnose your performance objectively and think, what could you have done differently. Did you position yourself in a good spot? How could you have aimed better? Many things come to mind.

Without a replay we cannot see exactly what you’re doing wrong but if you want some tips for getting better by yourself:

1. Always play with alt mode enabled - Full. It’s in your settings on the control tab. You will see exact HP numbers, ship names, and most importantly the time to target on your shells. No more guessing how many seconds to aim ahead, it’s right there.

2. Enable ship names on the mini-map. Knowing where and who your enemies are is important.

3. Press Z to enter shell cam while shells are in flight. Now you see with full clarity how your shells are dispersing and where they fly off to. I don’t see this mentioned very often but this is one way I gradually improved my aim. It eliminates any depth perception shenanigans that you may encounter.

4. Maybe more of an anti-tip, citadels are not the end all be all especially against good BB players. Blindly following the mantra of “aim at the waterline” is a good way to bounce your shots or miss completely if your target decides to WASD at range (or even just angle).

5. Avoid dying, not because of repair costs (you pay full regardless) but because a dead ship deals no damage. I win more games just by staying alive and finding opportunities, plus you’re not handing the enemy team free points.

In regards to your performance differences, remember that tech tree ships have a stock grind and you probably played them before you were more experienced. With Hizen right out the gate you’re fully kitted with a high level captain I assume.

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
5 hours ago, Mika_The_Vampire said:

also, am i doing well in my ships?

Hmm, that's a lot of ships and not a lot of battles for each. There are only a few ships that we can actually determine if you are doing well on. Small sample size often = inaccurate results. 

However, since you have this many ships I believe you are doing well. There's only 2 problems:

1. the size of the image makes the text hard to read
  2. I had better not run into the Imperial Japanese Demon Navy

Members
18 posts
1,342 battles
22 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I remember you posting a few weeks back about being too bad for this game or something. Glad to see you took some of the advice offered here and got to improving.

yep! i have been playing a lot more of a supporting role! i have had sevewral matches over 100k in tier 9 due to this too!

21 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

First battle usually gets an XP boost, so I use my most needy grinder for that.
For me, priority goes to the line I already have perma camo waiting for in upper tiers.

If you still have the 200% XP boost on the Ise, the operation is a great Capt XP boost.
I stick a 21 point captain on the Ise and usually pull in 5,000 Elite XP per mission.  Current mission is tough. 
I did a lot of DD spotting with the planes - and we didn't get over-run.  Team-mates were shocked and didn't know what to do...  

ya i should get my daily win in all my TT ships i am working on. just a lot of irl stuff has happened so havent been as active.

21 hours ago, GoldPile said:

I’ll be frank with my personal assessment and probably rank your overall as average, maybe slightly below, based on the stats you provided.

First thing I noticed is that your average damage is on the low side. This is class dependent as those damage numbers would be considered very good on most DDs. But as a high tier BB I would say a good goal to strive for is to do as much damage as your max HP (or close to it).

Are you finding targets? How early are you dying? How often are you bouncing or overpenning? Are you tanking and retreating when appropriate? Are you missing a lot?

Diagnose your performance objectively and think, what could you have done differently. Did you position yourself in a good spot? How could you have aimed better? Many things come to mind.

Without a replay we cannot see exactly what you’re doing wrong but if you want some tips for getting better by yourself:

1. Always play with alt mode enabled - Full. It’s in your settings on the control tab. You will see exact HP numbers, ship names, and most importantly the time to target on your shells. No more guessing how many seconds to aim ahead, it’s right there.

2. Enable ship names on the mini-map. Knowing where and who your enemies are is important.

3. Press Z to enter shell cam while shells are in flight. Now you see with full clarity how your shells are dispersing and where they fly off to. I don’t see this mentioned very often but this is one way I gradually improved my aim. It eliminates any depth perception shenanigans that you may encounter.

4. Maybe more of an anti-tip, citadels are not the end all be all especially against good BB players. Blindly following the mantra of “aim at the waterline” is a good way to bounce your shots or miss completely if your target decides to WASD at range (or even just angle).

5. Avoid dying, not because of repair costs (you pay full regardless) but because a dead ship deals no damage. I win more games just by staying alive and finding opportunities, plus you’re not handing the enemy team free points.

In regards to your performance differences, remember that tech tree ships have a stock grind and you probably played them before you were more experienced. With Hizen right out the gate you’re fully kitted with a high level captain I assume.

replays are auto recorded arent they? maybe ill post a few and ya, i have been trying to stay alive longer. your also right, the stock grind is probably what hurt my stats sooo much in the Izumo VS the Hizen. i had a better captain in my izumo VS when i played in my hizen though (14 VS 19 skills).

i also have been overpenning a decent amount but, i have had great shots like double citting a Yamato in the Izumo.

i usely aim at the waterline up close and aim at the mid/right below the deck at long range.

tbh i am surprised of my records in my high tier ships:

WUUc0BU.png

also, you can click the image to make it full size. its easier to read that way.

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire
  • Cool 2

Members
18 posts
1,342 battles
15 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

Hmm, that's a lot of ships and not a lot of battles for each. There are only a few ships that we can actually determine if you are doing well on. Small sample size often = inaccurate results. 

However, since you have this many ships I believe you are doing well. There's only 2 problems:

1. the size of the image makes the text hard to read
  2. I had better not run into the Imperial Japanese Demon Navy

you can click the image to make it bigger and ya, just hard to get a lot of battles in with how long the matches are.

Tips and Tricks for Vampire Coast : totalwar

Sign in to follow this