Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burakkuauto

Add Hull Class to All Ships

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

36,360
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,075 posts
22,336 battles

Please explain what you are asking for, because your OP does not do a good job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,179
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
28 minutes ago, Burakkuauto said:

Examples:

USS Virginia (BB)

USS Baltimore (CA)

USS Wilson (DD)

USS Enterprise (CVN)

First the ship type is indicated in battle by their symbol.

Second, there is no nuclear powered ship in the game (yet) so CVN is definitely wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
38 posts
151 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

First the ship type is indicated in battle by their symbol.

Second, there is no nuclear powered ship in the game (yet) so CVN is definitely wrong.

CVN: Aircraft carrier, nuclear-powered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,179
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
5 minutes ago, Burakkuauto said:

CVN: Aircraft carrier, nuclear-powered

Yes, I know my ship type abbreviations. There is no nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the game, so CVN is the incorrect designation for Enterprise, CV-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
38 posts
151 battles
8 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Yes, I know my ship type abbreviations. There is no nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the game, so CVN is the incorrect designation for Enterprise, CV-6.

Edited post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,634
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
2 hours ago, Burakkuauto said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_classification_symbol

Examples:

USS Virginia (BB-13)

USS Baltimore (CA-68)

USS Wilson (DD-408)

USS Enterprise (CVN-80)

Why?  What does that add to the game?  How would that work for other nations?  Would it be "HMS Hood (Pennant 51)" so on for each nation's system, if they had one? Or is this something you want added for the US ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,132
[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
9 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Why?  What does that add to the game?  How would that work for other nations?  Would it be "HMS Hood (Pennant 51)" so on for each nation's system, if they had one? Or is this something you want added for the US ships?

Correct me if im wrong, but dont they have the hull number painted on? And the Name on the aft end of the ship? If not i could see requesting that, if the ship historically had it, but otherwise...its not all that important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,634
[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
Just now, Princess_Daystar said:

Correct me if im wrong, but dont they have the hull number painted on? And the Name on the aft end of the ship? If not i could see requesting that, if the ship historically had it, but otherwise...its not all that important.

Premiums already do.  Tech tree ships do not represent a specific ship, but rather the overall class, even if the class was made of a single ship, and thus do not carry specific markings.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,132
[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
Just now, Helstrem said:

Premiums already do.  Tech tree ships do not represent a specific ship, but rather the overall class, even if the class was made of a single ship, and thus do not carry specific markings.

Gotcha, makes sense to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[CYN1C]
[CYN1C]
Members
346 posts
6,373 battles

 

On 6/25/2021 at 4:13 PM, AJTP89 said:

Yes, I know my ship type abbreviations. There is no nuclear powered aircraft carrier in the game, so CVN is the incorrect designation for Enterprise, CV-6.

Of note, Enterprise CV-6 was temporarily redesignated CV(N)-6, as she was fitted for lighting equipment that made Nighttime operations viable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[CYN1C]
[CYN1C]
Members
346 posts
6,373 battles

Of course CV(N) has been long since retired, and you have CVN-80 listed next to Enterprise, which is for the Gerald R. Ford-Class Supercarrier that I believe is still under construction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×