Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Average_Joe

Winning Defense of Naval Station Newport

13 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
576 posts
25,993 battles

My clan has an Ops night each week.  Winning Newport with five stars is expected (we are up to six in a row), but playing it with random teams when it is up on the rotation is another matter.  I have learned that the people playing in the mornings seem to have a better handle on Newport than at other times in the day.  I've played several battles this week, and my team has managed a couple of five stars, several other wins, and only one loss.

I would recommend that new players read @Lightninger's thread pinned to the top of this sub-forum to learn tactics along with the rotation of the waves of enemy ships.  Make use of the heal circles if you get skinned up, and have fun sinking the reds.

Like many players, I had given up on Newport before we cracked the code for winning in my clan.  But now I actually enjoy the Op and get a lot of satisfaction from winning, especially when it's a five star.

Good luck and have fun!!!

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,940 battles

It ceased to be worth playing for me when they WG got rid of RTS carriers.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,341 posts
18,829 battles

It is why I only use Ark Royal unless I'm dinking around.  Unless the team is full potato, I can pull in a victory with her consistently.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Very bad to run it solo queue.  1-2 good players aren't enough to carry it as the ways to fail this are numerous.  You can't be everywhere to save this awful Op.

Defeat at Newport.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,341 posts
18,829 battles
On 6/25/2021 at 4:10 PM, Vader_Sama said:

Ise seems to be the ideal BB to use in Newport

I've only used her once in Newport, but my expectations were easily met considering how well she's done in RR and Aegis for me.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,476 posts
10,941 battles
1 hour ago, Volron said:

I've only used her once in Newport, but my expectations were easily met considering how well she's done in RR and Aegis for me.

I was able to get like 7 flights out in Newport while using Ise

1767994412_Screenshot2021-06-2523_20_37.thumb.png.0d1036e67a8c9b07722fb5099d3bb1e7.png

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,074 posts
7,869 battles

i hate to love it, such an uphill struggle, and a quick downhill slide. The final 2-3 waves are tremendous, can be overwhelming. Have to say I enjoy it even when I am losing. Had a few super tough fun exciting fights as a CV, good times. Played it with all types now I think.

I'd like to get some more OP's achievements. I have 5's on them all, but tasks, the misc ones. I need to get on it to score a few of them that are very close.

[CUDA]
Members
562 posts
9,171 battles

Best game in Newport I had a Leander, charged out to the flank of the first assault, smoked up and proceeded to citadel the cruisers to death. Did it again with the second wave then went into the basin to defend. Of course, the next time I tried no one was spotting the enemy and I sat in smoke alone and unloved until they'd already passed. Think we lost that one.

[H_]
Members
791 posts
13,499 battles

Huh, i like Newport it's at least more challenging then all the others. Nari is just and kill everything before someone else does, all the others are easy.. At least with Newport and random teams it's more difficult.  

Have not really read up on it.. heh maybe i should..  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
On 8/19/2021 at 10:45 AM, iamSamoth said:

i hate to love it, such an uphill struggle, and a quick downhill slide. The final 2-3 waves are tremendous, can be overwhelming. Have to say I enjoy it even when I am losing. Had a few super tough fun exciting fights as a CV, good times. Played it with all types now I think.

I'd like to get some more OP's achievements. I have 5's on them all, but tasks, the misc ones. I need to get on it to score a few of them that are very close.

A bunch of the PUG teams will fail the optional at the first wave.  It's a sign of worse things to come :Smile_hiding:  Everyone has to be on point to get a 5 star run in this Op and the various ship types have to carry their weight.  This is not an Op where 1-2 knowledgeable players can carry everyone to a 5 star run.  A lot more people need to do their part.

Battleships need to bring their alpha in on the Cruisers, especially the Bot CAs.  They also bring a lot of staying power.  But if their aim was bad, their gun RNG was off, then they're pretty worthless.

DDs & Cruisers need to DPM the sh*t out of the Bot DDs before they cause the optionals to fail.  The major problem for these 2 ship types is poor staying power.

CVs, well, it's different for them since the CV Rebork.  The nerf to rockets probably didn't help them in dealing with the Bot DD rush.

Did WG changed Defeat at Newport with the final locations of the healing ships in an unfavorable position?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
1,074 posts
7,869 battles

i have chimed in on this one so many times, every time I see it, tbh. Like I say, I LOVE to Hate that one. It can be so overwhelmingly brutal. A tragic farce. But, it feels like an Olympian effort. I enjoy the sacrifice of it.

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want them to show some love to Op's.

I was so tempted to have a fling with Newport last week when it was the showcase. But the event grind, kept me too focused to consider it. I really do treasure those Chariots of Fire moments in that fight.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082158/

Except I am not an Olympian, who gets cut down in WW1.

Edited by iamSamoth

Sign in to follow this