You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Qilang

base XP 200-300 in random games

16 comments in this topic

[HAI]
Members
358 posts

lately I see a lot of Tier IX or X DDs score 200-300 base XP in losing games.

Are they considered to be pretty bad? yet they grind up to Tier X! LOL

[SVG]
Members
3 posts

we all have bonehead games time to time, also, just cos you invested the time to get to T10, does not = good play ever

• Cool 1

[HAI]
Members
358 posts
2 minutes ago, neiltb_1 said:

we all have bonehead games time to time, also, just cos you invested the time to get to T10, does not = good play ever

so do you think they are pretty awful if they play high tier DD and score 200-300 base XP in random game? I mean, that's coop standard, isn't?

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles

Yes, 200-300 base XP is really bad for random battles. Though sometimes stuff happens, even unicum DDs may randomly die to a stray torp or an ambush at the start of the match once in a blue moon. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
6 minutes ago, Qilang said:

Why wouldn't they grind up to T10? They are obviously convinced that better ships = better performance.

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Qilang said:

so do you think they are pretty awful if they play high tier DD and score 200-300 base XP in random game? I mean, that's coop standard, isn't?

Ehh, i average 450-700 base exp in COOP.

Randoms i think the lowest ive gotten was 200, and i got detonated at the start in my Saint Louis :(

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
6 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Yes, 200-300 base XP is really bad for random battles. Though sometimes stuff happens, even unicum DDs may randomly die to a stray torp or an ambush at the start of the match once in a blue moon. 

At high tier 200 is bad for coop.  Low 300s is possible in a short game where everyone does about the same.

[SALVO]
Members
3,664 posts
7,531 battles
6 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Random torps and completely crazy unexpected potatoe yolo rushes. Like your just transitioning behind an island to get from one side to Center and someone pops up right in front of you and 4 allies.  He has no way to survive but manages to take you with him. 

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles

Even though CV rockets have been nerfed, they can still provide spotting for the rest of the team.  Getting harassed and dying early can still happen. 

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

Barring unlucky ambush or something, I dismiss players with that low base XP as potatoes that don't have any business playing there.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Yeah 200-300 XP is really bad but sometimes in some matches is kinda unavoidable... that's why I hate Epicenter so much...

I've spent Epicenter matches basically wasting time without earning any XP. Some times you "need" to sit in the damned center circle to stop the reds from capping, you sacrifice most of your match just in order to stall the cap, you earn no XP for that. You neither earn XP by laying smoke to cover your team mates, XP from spotting is also very low. Unless you can complete the cap or deal some damage (which sometimes is really complicated by being shackled to that damned center circle) your XP will be really poor. 

Yesterday had an Epicenter match in a Hsiengyang (or whatever it is called) I was paired against an Asashio and a Cossack (my team other DD was a "big gunboat" and was consequently operating on the flank), it fell on me to stall the center, against 2 DDs that outspotted me by a wide margin, without even the possibility to torp them in return, couldn't charge 2 of them and expected to live, couldn't back down and flank without conceding a severe points advantage... it was just hang around there for about 7-8 minutes until the match was lost elsewhere and I punched below 300XP. 

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
4 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yeah 200-300 XP is really bad but sometimes in some matches is kinda unavoidable... that's why I hate Epicenter so much...

I've spent Epicenter matches basically wasting time without earning any XP. Some times you "need" to sit in the damned center circle to stop the reds from capping, you sacrifice most of your match just in order to stall the cap, you earn no XP for that. You neither earn XP by laying smoke to cover your team mates, XP from spotting is also very low. Unless you can complete the cap or deal some damage (which sometimes is really complicated by being shackled to that damned center circle) your XP will be really poor. 

Yesterday had an Epicenter match in a Hsiengyang (or whatever it is called) I was paired against an Asashio and a Cossack (my team other DD was a "big gunboat" and was consequently operating on the flank), it fell on me to stall the center, against 2 DDs that outspotted me by a wide margin, without even the possibility to torp them in return, couldn't charge 2 of them and expected to live, couldn't back down and flank without conceding a severe points advantage... it was just hang around there for about 7-8 minutes until the match was lost elsewhere and I punched below 300XP. 

had a match im my freisland in grand battles with just shy of 200k spotting damage, i only did 20k myself, with some cap points..very near the bottom of the list :(

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
4,562 posts
28,764 battles
26 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Barring unlucky ambush or something, I dismiss players with that low base XP as potatoes that don't have any business playing there.

Unfortunately, that's 80-90% of the player base there. I admit to being a spudnik for the first 2 years before I decided I need to get better.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,825 posts
24,361 battles
4 hours ago, Qilang said:

Could it be they went to cap and expected their team to kill what they spot?

Instead they get no support and die from enemy focus fire?

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,190 posts
8,166 battles

Sounds like me in any high tier IJN gunboat... Potato towards a cap ...make that gamer turn... spot torp...shite pants...too late... back to port.  Generally happens on my 1st win of the day for that extra special daily bonus!!     

• Funny 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles

Anything under 1000 is bad

• Funny 1