You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

First game in months, still the same post game bug..

53 comments in this topic

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

My first game in ages, wasn't a good game, entire team is roflstomped for 2 enemy kills but its annoying to see a very common, and often reported bug. The game ends, but instead of the post match screen it lags for about 10-20 secs them drops you back to port. I used to happen 1 in 3 games for me, not sure if its my laggy 100 ping (I'm in Australia) but its strange how it still hasn't been addressed. 

shot-21.06.25_14.58.06-0030.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts

They added a new one with this patch. Game will freeze at the end for a few seconds, the go straight to port.

Sometimes you can get the report. Sometimes you get what you got.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

It's not "still".  It was a thing, then it wasn't a thing, now suddenly in this patch it's a thing again.

Supertester
4,266 posts
4,646 battles

WG is aware of it and are working on it, according to Sehales it's a tricky bug

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
1 hour ago, Noshiro_ said:

WG is aware of it and are working on it, according to Sehales it's a tricky bug

It is random on who it hits and what triggers it. That is pretty much as tricky as it can be.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
2 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

My first game in ages, wasn't a good game, entire team is roflstomped for 2 enemy kills but its annoying to see a very common, and often reported bug. The game ends, but instead of the post match screen it lags for about 10-20 secs them drops you back to port. I used to happen 1 in 3 games for me, not sure if its my laggy 100 ping (I'm in Australia) but its strange how it still hasn't been addressed. 

I've been complaining about that issue for a long time and it's still there.  I've even posted in bug report threads on it.

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I've been complaining about that issue for a long time and it's still there.  I've even posted in bug report threads on it.

Lots of new content but still bugs not getting fixed. WoWs needs more programmers and less 3d artists. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
3 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Lots of new content but still bugs not getting fixed. WoWs needs more programmers and less 3d artists. 

Ehhh..some bugs are hard to kill. Some Are flat out impossible depending on the coding. The other MMO i play is approaching 9 years old and it has bugs that where present on launch, all due to when they fixed it in house, it broke a ton of content.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
9 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

9 hours ago, z9_ said:

They added a new one with this patch. Game will freeze at the end for a few seconds, the go straight to port.

Sometimes you can get the report. Sometimes you get what you got.

Just curious, do you guys use any mods? I have been trying to get this but, changing UI settings etc and yet am to reproduce it. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with UI scaling or a mod specifically.

-Hapa

• Meh 1

[DNTZ]
Members
441 posts
23,405 battles

I didn't see this issue until this patch - now I see it pretty much every match.

To clarify - it lags for 10-15 sec minimum every match, but doesn't always kick me to port.  I can usually go back and see the Battle Report, but sometimes I get the above.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
13 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

I didn't see this issue until this patch - now I see it pretty much every match.

To clarify - it lags for 10-15 sec minimum every match, but doesn't always kick me to port.  I can usually go back and see the Battle Report, but sometimes I get the above.

If you are having this issue with every battle, PLEASE run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket in with the report attached.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19431/

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
22 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Just curious, do you guys use any mods? I have been trying to get this but, changing UI settings etc and yet am to reproduce it. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with UI scaling or a mod specifically.

-Hapa

The only mods i run that affect the port are the extended carousel and the MLP icon mods, but even when i did a few games without mods i was still getting the "Freeze" at the end of the match, before getting kicked back to port, though i can still see the reports if i click on them. I can post pictures of my settings if youd like.

Another thing, for the "reports unobtainable", its been at least for me pretty much limited to matches with carriers, or hybrid vessels. The Max Immelman seems to be immune from not being able to see its match reports, but every other CV ive played, or every match ive had with CVs in it has had a chance to not let me see the detailed report. Literally the first game i played in my Ranger i couldnt see the battle report.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles
36 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

-Hapa

I run some Aslain's. This occasionally happens, but it always seems to depend if there was a lag spike somewhere between my PC and WG server. About half the time this happens, bug's triggered.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
1 minute ago, Princess_Daystar said:

The only mods i run that affect the port are the extended carousel and the MLP icon mods, but even when i did a few games without mods i was still getting the "Freeze" at the end of the match, before getting kicked back to port, though i can still see the reports if i click on them. I can post pictures of my settings if youd like.

Another thing, for the "reports unobtainable", its been at least for me pretty much limited to matches with carriers, or hybrid vessels. The Max Immelman seems to be immune from not being able to see its match reports, but every other CV ive played, or every match ive had with CVs in it has had a chance to not let me see the detailed report. Literally the first game i played in my Ranger i couldnt see the battle report.

Hmmmm, thats odd, I know this may not be ideal, could you pull all your mods and play some matches still?

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles

Folks,

There is a reason why I ask you to remove mods ALWAYS when you see bugs like this. I am not saying this is the case for this bug, but most of our bug reports are due to mod interaction with the client.

Mod makers don't know there is an issue unless someone that uses their mods tells them. We NEED you to pull the mods, play and see if it still does it. It doesn't matter if you think the mod interacts with the end battle results or not.

I have literally seen a cross hair mod crash a client back to port after a battle before.

-Hapa

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
1 minute ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Hmmmm, thats odd, I know this may not be ideal, could you pull all your mods and play some matches still?

Not a problem at all! When i get on today after grand battles start ill have it set up

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,632 battles

Folks,

There is a reason why I ask you to remove mods ALWAYS when you see bugs like this. I am not saying this is the case for this bug, but most of our bug reports are due to mod interaction with the client.

Mod makers don't know there is an issue unless someone that uses their mods tells them. We NEED you to pull the mods, play and see if it still does it. It doesn't matter if you think the mod interacts with the end battle results or not.

I have literally seen a cross hair mod crash a client back to port after a battle before.

-Hapa

That glitch has happened to me a few times and I don’t use mods

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
1 minute ago, Copperhead550 said:

That glitch has happened to me a few times and I don’t use mods

Again, pls run a WGCheck and put a ticket in explaining the issue.

-Hapa

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,632 battles

Again, pls run a WGCheck and put a ticket in explaining the issue.

-Hapa

Will do next time it happens but it’s only maybe happened 5 times over the years I’ve played 

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
Just now, Copperhead550 said:

Will do next time it happens but it’s only maybe happened 5 times over the years I’ve played 

If it has happened that infrequently, that isn't the same I think of what is being discussed. But I always say, any time you have a game crash or something you think this is a bug always:

A: remove any mods that you may have

B: Run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket in

And this is always before you nuke your client and try to redownload it, because most issues can probably be fixed with a lot less time spent. This saves you time and may help us find a legit problem with the client.

Also, I was more saying what to do as a list in general, not necessarily directed at you.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[HAI]
Members
344 posts
13 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I am glad someone also reported the same problem as I have experienced many times.

when I posted this few weeks ago, I was replied with 'it's your ISP problem, your internet provider has problems'. 

LOL, I use Fios 960MB plan, in wired network. 

To me, this is clearly, 100000% WG's bug.

Members
5,749 posts
11,418 battles

I have had it a couple times but I can always get to the reports via the Notifications/Battle  tab.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
4 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

If it has happened that infrequently, that isn't the same I think of what is being discussed. But I always say, any time you have a game crash or something you think this is a bug always:

A: remove any mods that you may have

B: Run a WGCheck and put a CS ticket in

And this is always before you nuke your client and try to redownload it, because most issues can probably be fixed with a lot less time spent. This saves you time and may help us find a legit problem with the client.

Also, I was more saying what to do as a list in general, not necessarily directed at you.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Okay:

I completely deleted the game folder and reinstalled it, simply due to having two world of warships folders in steam(due to my idiocy). 6 matches in nothing but CVs, no delay on after match report, AND no "stats cant be displayed" message. By now i would have had one at least in my CVs. Each bullet point after this will be as i install one mod at a time, while keeping the previously installed mods: All from Aslains mod pack to keep things easy to track down.

Mod 1.) Major Renegades Icons v2 - No delay, viewing battle reports is normal.

Mod 2.) "class panel with HP bars, at the top, v2, with side bars" - 10 second Delay and thrown back to port without seeing the battle report, can view battle reports.

Mod 3.) "crosshair Smart Horizon" (with all options set to Aqua, # size 12.) - Same as above, delay is longer.

Im not sure how to explain the ones without mods, but at least the delay is being caused by the 2nd mod installed for me.

Edited by Princess_Daystar