You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xXWillbossXx

Reinstallation Issues

3 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
1,616 battles

So earlier this month I decided to get back into the game and went to install it. In order to do so I had to delete most of the games on my laptop and several programs because I don't have a ton of storage. I just heard about the test servers and thought about joining, so I deleted the game to make space for the test servers, however I changed my mind because the testing account is different than your normal account. I tried reinstalling the game and it says I'm 1.5 GB short despite that I had the space for it two weeks ago. I tried using disk cleanup, disk fragmentation and deleting and reinstalling the Wargaming launcher and I still don't have the space. Is there anything I'm forgetting to delete? Hope you can help. 

[WORX]
Members
14,123 posts
20,570 battles
18 hours ago, xXWillbossXx said:

So earlier this month I decided to get back into the game and went to install it. In order to do so I had to delete most of the games on my laptop and several programs because I don't have a ton of storage. I just heard about the test servers and thought about joining, so I deleted the game to make space for the test servers, however I changed my mind because the testing account is different than your normal account. I tried reinstalling the game and it says I'm 1.5 GB short despite that I had the space for it two weeks ago. I tried using disk cleanup, disk fragmentation and deleting and reinstalling the Wargaming launcher and I still don't have the space. Is there anything I'm forgetting to delete? Hope you can help. 

Lets try to get you on the right line... I am trying to understand what happen but you're all over the place...

Assuming you only using WGC clinet for WOWS (Windows only)... Here is the instructions on installing...Make sure you DL for your server region and the live server.

Installing

Before installing World of Warships, you'll need to download the installer executable file from this page

When you click 'Download Game' a dialog box will appear. Please choose the option to 'Save File' to your computer. Once the download has finished, please run the installer.

You will be presented with a series of options. Follow the prompts to select the directory where World of Warships will be installed (the default is C:\Games\World_of_Warships) and to determine what shortcuts are created to run the game.

Once you are finished with this step, the Game Center will start and begin downloading all the necessary files. Once the process is complete, you can run the game!

I am worried about your lack of storage being an issue once you load the game....Even an SSD drive performance drops by %70 if its at max starting at %80 of capacity.

First do this and then see if your HD is bottle-necking your system.

Edited by Navalpride33

[_JAG_]
Members
93 posts
6,925 battles

How much space do you have on your HD. I had a space issue when I had a 128GB SSD so I purchased a 256GB drive and installed that. WOW is huge, taking up about 40+ GB's so your need lots of HD capability.