Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

1,769 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,650 posts
1,608 battles
8 hours ago, Retnav54 said:

LWM and Chobittsu,

I only became aware that something was afoot with your review this morning, when Sea Lord Mountbatten posted his review vid of this ship, and asked his viewers to come read your review, before considering buying this ship.

Ladies, you have my deepest sympathies. You were used - perhaps not intentionally - but used none the less - and treated disrespectfully and dismissively to boot. I'm 62, spent 20 years in the USN, and another 22 years working for a large 18 wheeler truck manufacturer - and believe me, I know all too well what you're feeling right now - putting in hard earnest work on a project, to have it dismissed out of hand, then to turn around and find out that a senior officer or supervisor, had taken your work and made their own changes to it, then passed it off as their own original ideas and effort, to feather their own nest - that feeling of betrayal and being taken for a fool.

I admire the professional restraint both of you showed, in detailing what happened. In my case, being that as I get older, my "inner voice" seems to be making me say the quiet part out loud more and more often, along with a diminished tolerance for bullcrap, I'd have probably resorted to some "military language" in my reply to WG - along with some colorful suggestions as to what they could do with their ship, their game, and their company.

I will be talking with my wallet, and passing on this ship. And I'll also be passing on the link to this thread to others, so they can read both of your accounts as to what transpired with WG.

Thank you, to both of you, for what you've done for the rest of us in this community, and best wishes for your future endeavors.
 

I often wonder how amazing WoWs could be if it were managed by... pretty much any other company than this.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles
3 hours ago, iChase said:

Nope, none at all. Shocking his bosses haven't said anything either. WG NA as a whole seems awfully quiet about this screw up of theirs

You mean this most recent screw up of theirs...... because over the past 6 years they've made more than their fair share...... and yes, I'm talking about NA all on it's lonesome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
90 posts
129 battles

Wow, I know WG EU is capable of some shady stuff but even they (to my knowledge anyway) haven't done anything like this! Firstly they approached both LWM and Chobbitsu to ask them to design a new premium to represent Canada in game, which both young ladies put in a great deal of work into only to have WG throw it all away and just do whatever the hell they wanted to..... is just straight up disgraceful!!

It is impressive tho, that after this level of disrespect that LWM was able to still review the Yukon in her usual thorough and fair manner.

As far as the ship goes.. I'm not a Canadian, or even from that side of the world so the ship means nothing to me, it's the principle of the whole thing. WG could give it to me for free and I'd still tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine! 

 

Outrageous!! :Smile_facepalm:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15,274
[WOLF5]
Members
35,048 posts
29,087 battles
48 minutes ago, Battleship_DukeofYork said:

I often wonder how amazing WoWs could be if it were managed by... pretty much any other company than this.

There's not that many naval arcade games around.  There were a bunch in the mid to late 2000s like Battlestations Pacific.  Those are ancient.  There have only been two naval arcade games of recent years that are competitors to WoWS:

 

"That other game" that we can't name on this forum added naval combat to the traditional tank / AFV / aircraft aspect it originally had, and had expanded on it.  It's also a Russian based studio.  I browsed around some of their forums and ran into the distinct handle of a Unicum WoWS player I once knew around on these boards, and a few times ingame in WoWS.

 

Steel Ocean originally was from China and had a western release on Steam maybe a few months after WoWS went Live in 2015.  Both WoWS and Steel Ocean faced a sharp decline in a few months after their respective releases.  WoWS recovered, Steel Ocean never did.  SO failed enough in the west that it shut down on Steam.

 

So, other than that "other game" that can't be named, the naval arcade game is sparsely populated.  Very few video game companies do navy games.  Almost nobody wants to get into this extremely niche part of gaming.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,901
[SOUP]
Members
9,298 posts
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's not that many naval arcade games around.  There were a bunch in the mid to late 2000s like Battlestations Pacific.  Those are ancient.  There have only been two naval arcade games of recent years that are competitors to WoWS:

"That other game" that we can't name on this forum added naval combat to the traditional tank / AFV / aircraft aspect it originally had, and had expanded on it.  It's also a Russian based studio.  I browsed around some of their forums and ran into the distinct handle of a Unicum WoWS player I once knew around on these boards, and a few times ingame in WoWS.

Steel Ocean originally was from China and had a western release on Steam maybe a few months after WoWS went Live in 2015.  Both WoWS and Steel Ocean faced a sharp decline in a few months after their respective releases.  WoWS recovered, Steel Ocean never did.  SO failed enough in the west that it shut down on Steam.

So, other than that "other game" that can't be named, the naval arcade game is sparsely populated.  Very few video game companies do navy games.  Almost nobody wants to get into this extremely niche part of gaming.

Theres's also a strategy game from ancient times called Pacific Storm made by some tiny studio called Lesta back about 2007, the studio name is familiar.... but I can't quite place it.... hmmmmmmmm.....  Anyway, the game was a total blast back in the day and helped get me into naval combat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
122 posts
13,866 battles
34 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Theres's also a strategy game from ancient times called Pacific Storm made by some tiny studio called Lesta back about 2007, the studio name is familiar.... but I can't quite place it.... hmmmmmmmm.....  Anyway, the game was a total blast back in the day and helped get me into naval combat

Pacific Storm and its addon, Pacific Storm Allies were some of the games I used to have a lot of fun playing. It had its share of bugs and the AI was wonky but still wish someone made something similar today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
Members
324 posts
4,603 battles
6 minutes ago, Ev1n_NA said:

we, to put it mildly, messed up

Acceptance is the first step towards recovery. 

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
199
[SCCC]
[SCCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
293 posts
11,213 battles
17 minutes ago, Ev1n_NA said:

 

We let you down and yet again betrayed what trust you put in us.

 

4a93dcdf5e.png

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,537
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,598 posts
15,398 battles
2 hours ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

which both young ladies put in a great deal of work

actually, i think Chob is a guy, i think theyve had pics of themselves somewhere around on the forum, i dont remember exactly

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
136 posts
6,791 battles
50 minutes ago, Ev1n_NA said:

Dear @LittleWhiteMouse, @Chobittsu,

Dear community,

 

While the investigation into this situation is still ongoing one thing is clear – we, to put it mildly, messed up. Please accept my sincerest apologies for how the NA Team – my team – mishandled the communications around this project.

We promised things that were not ours to promise in the first place, then failed to properly communicate about them with the rest of the team, both here in NA and globally. We created expectations, failed to deliver on them and then, after a change of staff responsible for this project, walked all over them nonchalantly.

We let you down and yet again betrayed what trust you put in us. I am aware how hard it will be to rebuild and regain that trust, but we will do our best to become the partners we need to be for you.

We will need more time to finish reviewing all communications relevant to this case and will issue a final statement once this is done. Please bear with us until then.

Best regards,

Ev1n

Regional Publishing Director, WoWS NA

Thank you Ev1n.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
70
[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
136 posts
6,791 battles
On 6/24/2021 at 9:05 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

YbosyLM.jpg

 

Listen, I would love what you have said. I am 100% behind you. I have asked numerous times for the HMCS Bonaventure CV and the HMCS Ontario a Minotaur. Both British ships but let us put our names on them and have them in the commonwealth tab. Sure it's cheezy but at least we in Canada can have our little ship fleet with a little gimmick that makes it Canadian. I'm cool with that. But this is your battle, which is our battle as our Canada

Edited by Jason_Sharpe_MD
quotes entire Review
  • Cool 7
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,901
[SOUP]
Members
9,298 posts
31 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

actually, i think Chob is a guy, i think theyve had pics of themselves somewhere around on the forum, i dont remember exactly

Yea, I just don't really care bout what pronounces people glue on me, I'm just a chibi on here doin' chibi things.  And for the record, I look damn good in a skirt
 

1 hour ago, Ev1n_NA said:

Dear @LittleWhiteMouse, @Chobittsu,

Dear community,

 

While the investigation into this situation is still ongoing one thing is clear – we, to put it mildly, messed up. Please accept my sincerest apologies for how the NA Team – my team – mishandled the communications around this project.

We promised things that were not ours to promise in the first place, then failed to properly communicate about them with the rest of the team, both here in NA and globally. We created expectations, failed to deliver on them and then, after a change of staff responsible for this project, walked all over them nonchalantly.

We let you down and yet again betrayed what trust you put in us. I am aware how hard it will be to rebuild and regain that trust, but we will do our best to become the partners we need to be for you.

We will need more time to finish reviewing all communications relevant to this case and will issue a final statement once this is done. Please bear with us until then.

Best regards,

Ev1n

Regional Publishing Director, WoWS NA

Well you heard the man, we can put away the pitchforks and french revolutionary costumes~    We can negotiate and figure what happened now   :3

  • Cool 13
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
461 posts
5 minutes ago, Jason_Sharpe_MD said:

Listen, I would love what you have said. I am 100% behind you. I have asked numerous times for the HMCS Bonaventure CV and the HMCS Ontario a Minotaur. Both British ships but let us put our names on them and have them in the commonwealth tab. Sure it's cheezy but at least we in Canada can have our little ship fleet with a little gimmick that makes it Canadian. I'm cool with that. But this is your battle, which is our battle as our Canad

You quote the entire OP just to add 3 lines of own text. PLEASE!

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
259
[WOLF5]
Members
927 posts
45,180 battles
4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Yea, I just don't really care bout what pronounces people glue on me, I'm just a chibi on here doin' chibi things.  And for the record, I look damn good in a skirt

But Chobi, it's a kilt, not a skirt!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,358
[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles
5 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Yea, I just don't really care bout what pronounces people glue on me, I'm just a chibi on here doin' chibi things.  And for the record, I look damn good in a skirt
 

Well you heard the man, we can put away the pitchforks and french revolutionary costumes~    We can negotiate and figure what happened now   :3

Oh..damn..just got mine sharpened!!!!

5d71sbp004y31.jpg.dbef4509d8de542f8167e6be0e1a6abd.jpg

 

Joking aside, hopefully something good comes out of this, id love to be able to support a ship from our cousins up north.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[WOLFH]
Members
432 posts
27,940 battles
3 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

But Chobi, it's a kilt, not a skirt!

the important question is, does it have pockets? :p

 

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,901
[SOUP]
Members
9,298 posts
4 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Oh..damn..just got mine sharpened!!!!

Joking aside, hopefully something good comes out of this, id love to be able to support a ship from our cousins up north.

Yea, just give both parties time to unpack everything and sit down for a nice long chat bout everything (it's the weekend so they're outta the office, gotta cut them SOME slack~), probably on monday or sometime after. So lets just give it a few days.  I know, crazy coming from me, I'm supposed to be the hot-headed one of this jazz band, but if we can work this problem professionally then everyone wins
 

3 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

the important question is, does it have pockets? :p

Nah mate, for that we wear a Sporran, it's like a manly fanny-pack~

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1 post
2,561 battles

LWM, I want to say thank you for yet another great review. There are many reviews for ships in WoWs, but yours are my go-to. Always so well written and detailed.

As a Canadian, I was interested when I saw this. I don't like playing BB's. But another Canadian ship in game? I was interested, even though it is fictional. 

Alas, I will not be getting this ship. It being pretty much trash is not the deciding factor for me, since I'd likely have rarely played it anyway, since I hate BB play (though not sucking certainly could've helped it get over the other bumps in the road!). But the combination of fictional, questionable play-worthiness, and nothing particularly Canadian about it? Yeah, that's sufficient to make me say "nope".

For what it's worth, had this ship had some of the interesting sounding Canadianisms that you folks had proposed, particularly the name Nunavik (which would have been awesome!!!) and the quite nice and also historical Sackville camo, I think I probably would have gotten it. But as it is, reusing the boring maple leaf camo from the Haida, using the name of a ship that was real, but was not even remotely a BB, and then topped off with the poor treatment that you both appear to have received throughout this endeavour....sigh.

Pretty much everything about this ship makes me sad. And sad doesn't inspire me to open my wallet.

  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
90 posts
129 battles
53 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

actually, i think Chob is a guy, i think theyve had pics of themselves somewhere around on the forum, i dont remember exactly

Really? I clearly haven't seen those pics and was mislead by the female avatars! :Smile_hiding:

At least I was half right with LWM... I hope... :Smile_unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Well, as much stick as I've given WG over the years when I felt they'd royally screwed up, I'll give credit where it's due - that was a proper professional business message and apology.

Well done, good sir.

Pitchforks are going back in the tool shed.:Smile_veryhappy:

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,777 posts
19,606 battles
22 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Yea, just give both parties time to unpack everything and sit down for a nice long chat bout everything (it's the weekend so they're outta the office, gotta cut them SOME slack~), probably on monday or sometime after. So lets just give it a few days.  I know, crazy coming from me, I'm supposed to be the hot-headed one of this jazz band, but if we can work this problem professionally then everyone wins
 

Nah mate, for that we wear a Sporran, it's like a manly fanny-pack~

Here's an idea... to make it up to you, LWM, and the community... why doesn't WG create the ship the two of you wanted to do in the first place. With suitable compensation for your hard work of course. Maybe then we'd have a ship worth getting. :Smile_child:

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
257
[DMGS]
Members
590 posts
8,676 battles

I did but this ship and I do enjoy her. Yukon is the kind of oddball ship that tends to attract me for some reason.

I’m glad that WG acknowledged the messup. I know I might be dreaming here but how cool would it be if the camo that @Chobittsu made were retroactively available for Yukon so that the ship can at least look like it was intended? I’d buy that for a doubloon!

Edited by Firewalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,901
[SOUP]
Members
9,298 posts
1 minute ago, BuffyThePotatoSlayer said:

Really? I clearly haven't seen those pics and was mislead by the female avatars! :Smile_hiding:
At least I was half right with LWM... I hope... :Smile_unsure:

Yeah, Mousey is a woman, I'm not, but on the internet I'm just ones and zeros anyway so it's never bugged me
I'm the one between Fem and Karmat1ka in the first row:

Spoiler

69627783_2467923983261262_62120264596707
....and Gneis actin' like he's bout 20 years younger     ;P

But lets keep it to the main topic, m'nya?

2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Here's an idea... to make it up to you, LWM, and the community... why doesn't WG create the ship the two of you wanted to do in the first place. With suitable compensation for your hard work of course. Maybe then we'd have a ship worth getting. :Smile_child:

That'd be quite the ask, but I know for certain that mousey would be hesitant working with wargaming again on somethign like this, as would I.   I don't doubt that Yukon herself will probably get a buff later down the road, my gut tells me gun range but that's all Weegee's decision

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×