You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

1,671 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
2,073 posts
23,940 battles

damn great job of another very interesting review LWM & CHOBITTSU  thank you both 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
253 posts
4,439 battles

I want to take this opportunity to thank you @LittleWhiteMouse for all the work that you put in to the reviews, I have read each and everyone one of them including those that date back to 2015. Each and everyone of them is very insightful and a joy to read, even though I don't buy 99% of the ships that you review (as I'm free to play), they have helped greatly in determining to play against them. It is a great shame to hear the events that transpired during Yukon's creation and development and you and Chobittsu have my condolences. For me Yukon is just WG's failed attempt at making a replacement for HMS Nelson and it is a great shame that new players will not be able to get their hands on her. 

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Cool 31

[TWE]
Beta Testers
346 posts
1,888 battles
7 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

I want to take this opportunity to thank you @LittleWhiteMouse for all the work that you put in to the reviews, I have read each and everyone one of them including those that date back to 2015. Each and everyone of them is very insightful and a joy to read, even though I don't by 99% of the ships that you review (as I'm free to play), they have helped greatly in determining to play against them. It is a great shame to hear the events that transpired during Yukon's creation and development and you and Chobittsu have my condolences. For me Yukon is just WG's failed attempt at making a replacement for HMS Nelson and it is a great shame that new players will not be able to get their hands on her. 

Hear hear!

• Cool 3

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
47 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

x7zjknc.jpg
Yukon is in the wrong half of this list for a Royal Navy battleship.  Like Hood, she's not a good fire starter and you'll struggle to set more than a single perma-fire if your opponent's Damage Control Party isn't already taxed.   These are the raw fire-per-minute value and do not take into account the fire resistance of a given target.  Against most ships in Yukon's matchmaking, the actual chance of setting a fire will drop by about 30% to 50% depending; so pretty terrible overall, especially once you account for dispersion too.

Look at that smug a.f. King George V burning people up!

maxresdefault.jpg&key=d2d0a3bc883a3aa035

• Funny 7

[TNG-2]
Members
9 posts
5,600 battles

Thank you both for all of your incredible work. I’m happy to support your patreon and as a whale who was looking forward to buying a new premium I can promise that WG will not see a dime from me for the Yukon. If I get it in a crate I will sell it back for credits. I hope that you both recover quickly from this.

• Cool 8

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,478 posts
4,774 battles

IBTL.jpg.67b6bd2e09b948d3a897e9a7527dcf57.jpg  [Not really.]

Also, thank you tiny, fierce Mouse for the meat of the Wiki article.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Editor
153 posts
5,363 battles

Me: Excited to see another LWM review knowing she was taking a break.

LWM: 

nD2LWjO.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,923 posts
11,144 battles
1 minute ago, Khazal said:

Me: Excited to see another LWM review knowing she was taking a break.

LWM: 

nD2LWjO.gif

Fun fact:  I've been dealing with this crap for the last couple of weeks.  When was my vacation supposed to start again?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Editor
153 posts
5,363 battles

Me reading the comments 

cayde6chicken.gif

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Editor
153 posts
5,363 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Fun fact:  I've been dealing with this crap for the last couple of weeks.  When was my vacation supposed to start again?

Ummmmm.......Yes? 

[-N-]
Members
311 posts
18,534 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

unknown.png

Shouldn't there be a line about hanging aristocrats from the lanterne somewhere? :cap_haloween:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Editor
153 posts
5,363 battles
2 minutes ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

Shouldn't there be a line about hanging aristocrats from the lanterne somewhere? :cap_haloween:

Edited by Khazal

Members
1,022 posts
4,217 battles

Well, that's a bit of a slap in the face, isn't it?   Seems WG'ing is staying true to form.

I learn a good bit from reading these reviews and really appreciate them .  For what it's worth, thank you both for all your efforts and your hard work. 

• Cool 7

[SOUP]
Members
9,151 posts
5 minutes ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

Yea but I didn't wanna use that verse, I'm already in enough trouble with the law. I just needed a recognizable revolutionary tune and these verses are more fitting.
I don't hate Weegee for what they did, I'm just REALLY disappointed...   lesson learned; keep your expectations rock-bottom and you'll never be made the fool

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 6
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles

Yukon, the Tanky-Cruiser?  :-)

Reminds me of a mini-Alsace.

Thank you for the review @LittleWhiteMouse and @Chobittsu.

Oh well.  "Mush Malemut!  Savoir-Faire is everywhere!"

Perhaps the @LittleWhiteMouse will catch a Klondike Kat?  :-)

Spoiler

image_2021-06-24_224154.png.21ce32863c4a4d2a06d39ffaad65a200.png

Edited yesterday at 02:24 AM by LittleWhiteMouse
Cleaning up angry-ranty-incoherent Mouse-babble and replacing the unnecessary snark with implied snark

Edited to add:  When I first wrote this, it was late at night on a Thursday, and I'd only been able to read the first thirty-percent of LWM's review before my eyes began closing and I went to bed.
Today, Saturday 06-26-2021, I've read the rest of the review along with Chobi's contributions.

I'm sad & disappointed that a solid opportunity was lost and people's feelings hurt in ways I can only imagine.

I remain grateful for @LittleWhiteMouse's devotion to her ideals, hopes and principles.
So, too, for @Chobittsu.
I offer my sympathy, incomplete understanding, and best wishes for a better future for you both.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 2

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
333 posts
4,967 battles

Thank you @LittleWhiteMouse for all of your hard work and for the effort you put in to try and make something interesting and fun. 

I am definitely a whale when it comes to ships in this game, and before I make any decisions I always read your reviews to get some valuable insight into what I'm buying. I am very glad that I read this review, because being a Canadian and a BB main, I was already set on purchasing this ship when it came out.

I will not be picking this ship up, not any more, for whatever little that's worth. 

• Cool 8

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles

of course WG made a disappointing ship out of it, thats what WG does nowadays, disappoint people, one need not look further than the last few line releases that were all basically seen as "meh" at best

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[USCC]
Members
3,512 posts
16,243 battles

Thanks Mouse And Chobittsu, I'll add this one to the list of a ships not worth the time or money,
WeeGee has become so lazy and greedy, they just keep churning out chum and hoping all the fish are blind and hungry.
Such a shame!

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles

Sorry to hear this.  I had high hopes for this ship.  We can all pray for a last minute buff or two, but it seems doomed.

+1 for the review and fighting to get her in game.

[TARFU]
Members
32 posts
1,394 battles

Thanks for the all the hard work Mouse and Chobi. I can't imagine how frustrating and disappointing of an experience that must have been, and yet you had the class to still try and write an objective review -- even with the bias disclaimer.

If WG ever wants to wake up and right the list that the game is on, and change the toxicity of the player-base.... this sort of experience is exactly what NOT to do. As you said: an excellent opportunity for them, WASTED. Sure glad I picked up Haida & Nelson before... this. First ever forum post. I only own a couple premiums. I won't be purchasing any more ANYTHING with real funds until I see that they don't intend to wreck this potentially excellent game.

- Disappointed Canadian

(Acadia QE spinoff would have been EXCELLENT)

Edited by Maalus_Rahje
  • Cool 8

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
4,004 battles

Thank you both.  Reading about your efforts during the creation process was fascinating.

Yukon will not be joining Haida in my Port.

• Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,478 posts
4,774 battles

I wanna know how many crowbars it took to get Lert into that costume.

• Haha 1