You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xxBigbacon

Ranked is a joke....

44 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
947 battles

I can't even get out of rank 10 in bronze. you'd think statistically you would eventually be on a team that can come together and get a SINGLE win but nope.... 

How in the world does anyone get to Rank 1 in bronze...it is impossible. each sprint is like this, I think the first one the season I was able to get to 5 but outside of that, its been maybe 8 tops and now I can't even get a single win.

• Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles

Do you realize there is only one logic explanation to that phenomenon?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 4
  • Boring 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Ima gonna go get some popcorn.

Offers popcorn bucket

• Haha 1

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
612 posts
20,113 battles
13 minutes ago, xxBigbacon said:

I can't even get out of rank 10 in bronze. you'd think statistically you would eventually be on a team that can come together and get a SINGLE win but nope.... 

How in the world does anyone get to Rank 1 in bronze...it is impossible. each sprint is like this, I think the first one the season I was able to get to 5 but outside of that, its been maybe 8 tops and now I can't even get a single win.

845 battles played. You barely understand the fundamentals of this game and you want to rank out like veterans with 10k+ games of experience?

Better grab a CV then.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 2

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,520 posts
13,562 battles

I play ranked sprints to take a break from randoms every now and then. I prefer to stay in Bronze and even casually playing it I end up at rank 1 way early and have to avoid playing it for several days if not a week or so to remain in Bronze. I just don't see how you have this issue OP.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
19 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Do you realize there is only one logic explanation to that phenomenon?

Simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

OK, better go make some popcorn now

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
7 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

I just don't see how you have this issue OP.

I might have one idea on how... :cap_yes:

Members
1,960 posts
44 minutes ago, xxBigbacon said:

You're going to get a ton of trolls with 10,000's of games played that think they're L33T trying to capitalize on this insinuating that you're bad. When... in reality they're likely worse using mods and cheesing. True story Bro.

WoWs is a game where you fully expect to lose 50% of your games and luck is a definite factor. Ranked. Randoms. Doesn't matter. It always plays out the same way. The same mindless Lemmings and the same wannaBBe snipers typically ruin everything by allowing flanks to collapse and allowing cross-fire situations.

If you can get your win ratio to at least 51% in the ranked sprint, you will rank out after maybe 50 games played approx (I didn't count). Depends. Just keep trying. It'll happen.

• Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[AAA]
Members
251 posts
20,591 battles

You have a Belfast and can’t get out of rank 10 in Bronze. Please post some videos for entertainment purposes. 

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Ima gonna go get some popcorn.

59 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Offers popcorn bucket

sample-65a5a4faaa9b6e3bed5741547c294374.

Members
486 posts

Ranked in a nutshell

It's Random Battles with less players. The odds of winning has more to do with which team has more potatoes. The term "Ranked" is a joke. Just play for the wins. Get all your steel and call it a day. 

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

randoms with fewer players means your team depends on you more than would be the case in random play... you have only 364 battles in randoms...

• Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
23 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

You're going to get a ton of trolls with 10,000's of games played that think they're L33T trying to capitalize on this insinuating that you're bad. When... in reality they're likely worse using mods and cheesing. True story Bro.

WoWs is a game where you fully expect to lose 50% of your games and luck is a definite factor. Ranked. Randoms. Doesn't matter. It always plays out the same way. The same mindless Lemmings and the same wannaBBe snipers typically ruin everything by allowing flanks to collapse and allowing cross-fire situations.

If you can get your win ratio to at least 51% in the ranked sprint, you will rank out after maybe 50 games played approx (I didn't count). Depends. Just keep trying. It'll happen.

Its funny though, most of the players so far have less than 6k. Only mods i really run are MLP icons, and i managed to get a 55%+ WR on my New Orleans this ranked season...Yes, you(players in general) cant carry every single match, but a player who understands game mechanics and can use them to their advantage will win alot more than 50% of their matches.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

sample-65a5a4faaa9b6e3bed5741547c294374.

Yay Long Island is there!

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
29 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

True story Bro.

If you believe it to be true then it needs to be true Bro, facts are overrated

[-N-]
Beta Testers
268 posts
6,719 battles

just play DD and get caps over kills. you win by points.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles

Statistically, you do win about 30% of your games no matter what. And lose a similar amount. How often you win the ones in between is largely up to you.

TBH it sounds like you're on tilt, which is a sure way to lose more games than usual.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
6,704 battles
1 hour ago, AbyssAngkor said:

Better grab a CV then.

That is the worst advice you could give, followed by "Better grab a DD then.".

The less skilled the player in the most influential types of ships the lower the chance of victory.  The CV, and unlike DDs there will be only one per team, would be up against a more skilled CV and consequently much more likely to assist his team in losing.  CVs do not equal easy wins, contrary to the idiocy that is regularly posted claiming just that.

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles

Of course it's a joke. I once played Ranked to get steel, but after a while I found it to be the most boring mode imaginable. I quit until the next time they change the team format, or the next time it's Arms Race.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

I dont bother with ranked. It is a form of abuse.

Just leave it at 10 and dont play it, find something else to enjoy such as grand battles. Ive already worked out the Sat and Han and am piling up intel tokens now in case they get traded for something of value later.

[MI-BR]
Members
51 posts

FWIW I have been playing for 6 weeks and I made it to rank 6 Bronze league with my New Mexico (slowest ship ever) in the last series before sinking back down to 8. I am 3 for 4 in the current season and rank 8. But the quality of the teams really are variable.

[RLGN]
Members
16,585 posts
28,937 battles
2 hours ago, xXUglykidXx said:

You have a Belfast and can’t get out of rank 10 in Bronze. Please post some videos for entertainment purposes. 

Sorry, haven’t saved any that aren’t out of date, (game version.)

I despise Belfast.

Smoke. Spotters all die.

Smoke. Targets all die.

Been a great cruiser for Co-op and occasionally Narai; utterly worthless to me in Ranked or Randoms.

BTW, I loathe Leander, and despise Fiji, (Leander with four more guns,) just as much.

10 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I dont bother with ranked. It is a form of abuse.

Just leave it at 10 and dont play it, find something else to enjoy such as grand battles. Ive already worked out the Sat and Han and am piling up intel tokens now in case they get traded for something of value later.

Grand Battle held my attention in the PTS for a Grand Total of two Fletcher games.

There’s been no motivating factor or reason to want to play it on live.

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
23 minutes ago, arch4random said:

its the weekend

UHRSwXH.jpg