You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Fair Winds and Following seas.

125 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,721 battles

Fair winds and following seas, Chief!

Mahalo and Semper Fi

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[4_0_4]
Members
302 posts
1,787 battles

Sorry to see you go, having been on a good number of forums in my life, you’ve been an example of a great admin.  Not sure if you’re done with the game as well as running the forums, but if you do stick around I hope to see you in the game.  Thanks for your work!

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,389 posts
25,973 battles

:(

Wishing you all the best!

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[KWF]
Members
6,570 posts
7,187 battles

Another voice of reason gone :Smile_sad:.

Best of luck in your future endeavours, you are leaving awfully big shoes to be filled.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[SALV0]
Members
334 posts
1,361 battles

Thank you for your service. fair winds and following seas also.

Edited by goldenpollywog
  • Thanks 1

[FEM]
Members
27 posts
2,795 battles

Hapa, thanks for everything you've done for us. From Bounty Events to Cosplays, thanks for everything. We all have to make choices, and we all have reasons to make them.

Good to know you'll still be around, though!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
314 posts
10,243 battles

Its been a great time Hapa.  Watch out for those tier 3s!  :P   

• Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,435 posts
14,965 battles

Sad to see you go but I wish you the best in whatever you do.

• Thanks 1

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,875 battles

Sad news. I will never begrudge someone making a professional decision for personal reasons, though. Know that you will be missed, and hopefully we'll see more of you on Twitch and at future player events. 

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles
32 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Standby for words from the Chief.

So when I retired from the Navy it was for personal reasons. I recognized that I am a workaholic, I was doing more living to work, than working to live. And anyone that has served knows the amount of life you miss being deployed (I deployed 10 times throughout my career, only one deployment was 6mo long). I did some self retrospection and recognized I was falling into the same habits.

As a result I have made the decision that I am leaving Wargaming and the World of Warships team to try to enjoy life. I never needed this position, I wanted it. I love the World of Warships community and everything the World of Warships team does on the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. I have had the wonderful opportunity to be involved in some AMAZING things celebrating people, events and the community. Whether it was interviews with Captain Bob Batterson a WW2 Pearl Harbor veteran, collaborations with Wounded Warrior Project, commemoration of the USS Kidds commissioning, the first Virtual Fleet Week, Longest Night at the Museum (spanning the globe. Toasters abound), a 24 hour charity stream for Save the Children, a bunch of Anchors Away Tour visits to ship museums (some as part of the Community and some as your Community Manager) and met a lot of you, we had some really fun streams with @Mademoisail @Maredraco @KARMAT1KA @ParceNautico and @Kalvothe with cosplay as Santa, a pirate, gondola driver (literally never thought I would end up with a wardrobe of costumes as a result of this position, also, no Shipgirl Cosplay! :Smile_trollface:). All that and we revitalized, and relaunched, by popular community feedback, the NA community streams and NA bounty events!

I have to tell you that I have had a blast being able to be one of your Community Managers and I am so happy to have been a part of the global team I have been a part of. I couldn't imagine doing this for any other company or gaming community!

Mahalo!

-Hapa

.That is all.

Chief FireControlman United States Navy (Retired) Departing.

Just as I was getting used to having you around, eh?  ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to say farewell.  Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
Wolfswetpaws.

P.S.  I won't give-up on the notion of seeing you do more Cosplay.  :-)  Halloween is coming.  :-)

• Thanks 1

[KIA-C]
SuperTest Coordinator
352 posts
10,658 battles

See You Later Alligator

• Thanks 1

[FEM]
[FEM]
Members
85 posts
194 battles

Thanks for your service to the community, Hapa! Smooth sailing and good luck!

• Thanks 1

[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,773 battles

Getting close to hard retirement age myself.

Gotta keep myself from being sucked into being volunteered into PR work nobody wants.

I started watching 'Avenue 5' where the official cruise ship crew were nothing but paid actors, and the real crew running the place were a bunch of 'geeks' hidden away...
Reminds me of my work in a factory too much.  I don't want to be a paid actor.  I am one of the geeks.

• Thanks 1

[T-D-M]
Members
128 posts
18,554 battles

Thanks Chief

Present- - - Arms!

160529-M-TA826-034.JPG

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Members
1,022 posts
4,217 battles

Good luck in your next endeavor.  Keep switching things up, that's a good way to confuse the workaholic inside you. 

• Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,171 battles
57 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Standby for words from the Chief.

So when I retired from the Navy it was for personal reasons. I recognized that I am a workaholic, I was doing more living to work, than working to live. And anyone that has served knows the amount of life you miss being deployed (I deployed 10 times throughout my career, only one deployment was 6mo long). I did some self retrospection and recognized I was falling into the same habits.

As a result I have made the decision that I am leaving Wargaming and the World of Warships team to try to enjoy life. I never needed this position, I wanted it. I love the World of Warships community and everything the World of Warships team does on the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. I have had the wonderful opportunity to be involved in some AMAZING things celebrating people, events and the community. Whether it was interviews with Captain Bob Batterson a WW2 Pearl Harbor veteran, collaborations with Wounded Warrior Project, commemoration of the USS Kidds commissioning, the first Virtual Fleet Week, Longest Night at the Museum (spanning the globe. Toasters abound), a 24 hour charity stream for Save the Children, a bunch of Anchors Away Tour visits to ship museums (some as part of the Community and some as your Community Manager) and met a lot of you, we had some really fun streams with @Mademoisail @Maredraco @KARMAT1KA @ParceNautico and @Kalvothe with cosplay as Santa, a pirate, gondola driver (literally never thought I would end up with a wardrobe of costumes as a result of this position, also, no Shipgirl Cosplay! :Smile_trollface:). All that and we revitalized, and relaunched, by popular community feedback, the NA community streams and NA bounty events!

I have to tell you that I have had a blast being able to be one of your Community Managers and I am so happy to have been a part of the global team I have been a part of. I couldn't imagine doing this for any other company or gaming community!

Mahalo!

-Hapa

.That is all.

Chief FireControlman United States Navy (Retired) Departing.

Fair winds and following seas to you, mister Hapa! I majorly appreciated your answering of my varied questions (on and off-stream), and our debates on unique topics, such as the state of T7 California ingame, and the overall efficiency of secondaries at this time!

Clearance accepted, departure granted, Chief! Enjoy life! And probably see you ingame, maybe ;P

Sailor_Serena.gif.ab1d2d4570577e8b5e9bcca989fbb7de.gif

• Thanks 1