You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

WG Camo- Brand advertizing

25 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
2,252 posts

If WG wants to really make money they should open their game up to corporate advertising and sell or offer camos with corporate brands. I'd pay to have a coca cola camo for my ship I think it would look good.

I mean a golden arches camo design would look better than some of the tribal crap WG have gone with or give me a Renault camo for my french DD's. Not sure about the Dutch and Finnish they don't have much to offer when it comes to corporate branding aside from IKEA

The revenue that could be generated from corporate sector could  add some cash  to the game and we would get some interesting camos.

Be nice to have some AMG branded German ships.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
21,913 battles

:Smile_facepalm: All we need is NASCAR sponsorship in WoWS, because that is what the game needs.

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
2,252 posts
8 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

:Smile_facepalm: All we need is NASCAR sponsorship in WoWS, because that is what the game needs.

yeah actually it does it's a revenue stream and it beats them milking us.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
14 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

hahahaha you think they would stop...  as you can already see... it's never enough...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
23,008 battles
14 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

What makes you think it would be an "instead of" thing? Seems like they'd go for "and also".

Besides, they already have lots of cross-promotions. Various naval-themed anime, the double feature with Toho (Godzilla vs. Kong, the Archimedes movie), the deal with Games Workshop (Warhammer 40K), Hasbro (Transformers). If they thought selling billboard space was more doable than cross promotions, they already would have done that, but clearly the recruiting potential was worth more than the decals.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,147 posts
19,146 battles
Just now, Sir_Winston_Church_Hill said:

How about Neon signs on the islands flashing adds?    

:Smile_facepalm:

I would actually go for small easter-egg billboards, preferably featuring contemporary ads for products that existed in the 1940s and which still exist now.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

I could fly a Coca-Cola flag if it gives a 5% discount of the ship operating cost or maybe sport Redbull camo if it gives me a bonus to Adrenaline Rush. 

• Cool 2

[IJAG]
Members
359 posts
18,738 battles
3 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

I'd pay to have a coca cola camo for my ship I think it would look good.

53 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I could fly a Coca-Cola flag if it gives a 5% discount of the ship operating cost

When it comes to Coca-Cola, I can see WG collaborating with them in terms of commemorating Coca-Cola's effort of supplying the armed forces during World War ll with their cold beverage. Along with commemorating Coca-Cola's World War ll era advertising.

I think this would be an excellent collaboration to bring to all of the servers because apparently Coca-Cola was supplied to countries on both sides of the conflict plus many others. And as Coca-Cola Canada puts it, "As the world emerged from a time of conflict, Coca-Cola emerged as a worldwide symbol of friendship and refreshment."

Sources:

https://www.adbranch.com/coca-cola-world-war-2/

https://www.coca-cola.ca/faqs/coca-cola-faqs-history/Was-coca-cola-consumed-by-soldiers-in-world-war-II

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
4 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

(Post-match interview)

The U.S. Coca-Cola Montana was running really well today.  

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles

no company in their right mind would want to partner with WG now, not after the stuff theyve been accused of and found out of doing

[VIGIL]
Members
394 posts
5 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

What if they offered a trade: Remove CVs and add Nascar type camos?

• Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
4 hours ago, Sir_Winston_Church_Hill said:

How about Neon signs on the islands flashing adds?    

:Smile_facepalm:

:cap_yes::Smile_veryhappy:

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I would actually go for small easter-egg billboards, preferably featuring contemporary ads for products that existed in the 1940s and which still exist now.

:cap_look:

[ARGSY]
Members
25,147 posts
19,146 battles
3 hours ago, USAPatriotGamer said:

Coca-Cola's effort of supplying the armed forces during World War ll

IIRC the withdrawal of cocaine from the drink predated any significant involvement by the US Army in either World War. :Smile_hiding:

[46856]
Members
2,252 posts

Wow such small thinkers.

Picture this ... a Flamu potatoe  lifting the middle finger on  a ship- epic I tell ya?

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
9 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Not sure about the Dutch and Finnish they don't have much to offer when it comes to corporate branding aside from IKEA

IKEA is Swedish, but the Dutch have Shell and Heineken, and the Finns have Nokia and Kone....

[46856]
Members
2,252 posts
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

IKEA is Swedish, but the Dutch have Shell and Heineken, and the Finns have Nokia and Kone....

small fry compared to Coca Cola, Kentucky Chicken, Nashville and Miller brewing co.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Are we shamelessly advertising now?

In that case, [SALVO] girls are hotter...

1Z7aoFG.jpg

• Cool 2

[TCCN]
Members
118 posts
10,698 battles

You guys are thinking way too big, we would most likely get "Raid: Shadow Legends" and Ridge Wallet

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
12 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

small fry compared to Coca Cola, Kentucky Chicken, Nashville and Miller brewing co.

Shell is bigger than any of them, with last year's revenue being 180 billion dollars, and assets worth 380 billion.