You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Curse you Yugumo!

9 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles

So..I'm headed toward another one of those Textbook Tiger engagements.  DD in front of me, charging toward an open mid cap...my radar/smoke at the ready.  If a red DD shows...we'll get  him.

Only thing for me to do is chat out to my friendly green Yugumo the strategy.

I touch type, so I have Yugumo typed on the  keyboard in about half a second.  The problem?  I'm not in chat mode.  

I've done this from time to time, but not at the consequences experienced herein.  You see, Tiger's smoke is on "Y".  Radar is on "U".  So instead of getting Yugumo in chat...I pop smoke and radar...significantly premature to the cap.  Ultimate Fubar.  And yeah..a DD was there.  Dammit.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
36 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

So..I'm headed toward another one of those Textbook Tiger engagements.  DD in front of me, charging toward an open mid cap...my radar/smoke at the ready.  If a red DD shows...we'll get  him.

Only thing for me to do is chat out to my friendly green Yugumo the strategy.

I touch type, so I have Yugumo typed on the  keyboard in about half a second.  The problem?  I'm not in chat mode.  

I've done this from time to time, but not at the consequences experienced herein.  You see, Tiger's smoke is on "Y".  Radar is on "U".  So instead of getting Yugumo in chat...I pop smoke and radar...significantly premature to the cap.  Ultimate Fubar.  And yeah..a DD was there.  Dammit.

Premature esmokulation...

I hate when that happens :-0

I don't think I've ever premature eradarulationed at the same time though...

I can only imagine the shame you must be going through 😜

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[CNO]
Members
6,740 posts
20,188 battles
49 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I can only imagine the shame you must be going through 😜

I don't normally curse in chat.  But I made an exception this time.

• Haha 1

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
9 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I don't normally curse in chat.  But I made an exception this time.

Yeah...I can imagine...

Not sure if I would have risked something else bad happening (even if just missing a potential good shot...to try to make up for the fubar) while I was typing in chat after that...but everybody in the house sure would have heard about it.

[ALLY]
Members
422 posts
21,928 battles

Soshi:

I have fat fingered and or not realized that chat did not come up many times before and will probably do it many times in the future.  It is embarrassing but I bet you will not do it again for awhile because you will be extra cautious until you get comfortable again.

C130 Signing out

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
405 posts
12,139 battles

I have seen people type "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in chat, probably trying to accelerate/turn ship while in chat mode. It happens, laugh about it and move on.

[NSEW]
Members
2,542 posts
12,078 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

touch type, so I have Yugumo typed on the  keyboard in about half a second.  The problem?  I'm not in chat mode.  

Similar thing occurs to me on occasion.  When I forget that the chat box goes away, and iIm typing away then I realised that I have activated the radar/hydro...at 15km away from any targets.

[NSEW]
Members
2,542 posts
12,078 battles
1 hour ago, axyarthur said:

I have seen people type "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" in chat, probably trying to accelerate/turn ship while in chat mode. It happens, laugh about it and move on.

That was me probably, not knowing whether it was on chat mode....but more like "wwwwaadssssswwwwwT"

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,798 battles

You know it, "don't text & drive"