Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheEpicGamer285

Is Ark Royal Worth it?

9 comments in this topic

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,681 posts
13,361 battles
1 hour ago, TheEpicGamer285 said:

I'm thinking of getting the Ark Royal. I just want opinions on how it is.

Thanks.

She's a good CV. She hits hard for a tier 6, and is more sensitive to positioning than other T6 CV's because of her slow aircraft. You're going to be working hard to minimize her flight time to target as much as you can.

She's good in operations, if a little different. In Aegis, she basically has to pick a side of the map, for the last part. In Naval Station Newport it's important for her to spend some time tucked behind the island out near the perimeter of the base in the middle, where other CV's can just head to the back. In Raptor Rescue she really doesn't like having to hit the CV's because of the flying times involved.

Her planes are vulnerable to getting fighters dropped on them like the tech tree RN CV's, but she has a good regen and large squadrons, so as long as Enterprise doesn't do it, it's not as bad as it is with the tech tree RN CV's. It's just more obvious when it happens.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
27 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

She's a good CV. She hits hard for a tier 6, and is more sensitive to positioning than other T6 CV's because of her slow aircraft. You're going to be working hard to minimize her flight time to target as much as you can.

She's good in operations, if a little different. In Aegis, she basically has to pick a side of the map, for the last part. In Naval Station Newport it's important for her to spend some time tucked behind the island out near the perimeter of the base in the middle, where other CV's can just head to the back. In Raptor Rescue she really doesn't like having to hit the CV's because of the flying times involved.

Her planes are vulnerable to getting fighters dropped on them like the tech tree RN CV's, but she has a good regen and large squadrons, so as long as Enterprise doesn't do it, it's not as bad as it is with the tech tree RN CV's. It's just more obvious when it happens.

You forgot Killer Whale, which is practically made for Ark.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,681 posts
13,361 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

You forgot Killer Whale, which is practically made for Ark.

True, but I also don't do anything different between carriers in Killer Whale. It's just generally a very good operation for CV's. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,603 posts
29,022 battles
1 hour ago, SgtBeltfed said:

True, but I also don't do anything different between carriers in Killer Whale. It's just generally a very good operation for CV's. 

Have started using Ryujo a bit more, But the main difference between it and Ark, is ark is better at attacking the destroyers, (which is, distressingly, a regular occurrence because, like zombies, players seem all; TRANSPOOOOOORTS.... SHOOOORE INSTAAAAALLATIONS...)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1

Members
29 posts
3,013 battles
8 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Thanks

Members
1,960 posts

It's probably one of the best premium CV's in game. Especially because it has nice, slow bombs that really FUBAR DD's. And if the bombs don't work, the torpedoes will...

The turn radius and survivability of the torp bombers is excellent. You can actually get off three attacks in one squadron unlike most other ships.

I consistently get more damage in T6 CV's than even the T10's. That's mostly due to broken game mechanics like the AA and rocket nerfs.

I've owned Ark Royal since it's first day of release. I have hundreds of games played in it. And I would buy it again. It was worth every dime.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Cool 2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,681 posts
13,361 battles
13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Have started using Ryujo a bit more, But the main difference between it and Ark, is ark is better at attacking the destroyers, (which is, distressingly, a regular occurrence because, like zombies, players seem all; TRANSPOOOOOORTS.... SHOOOORE INSTAAAAALLATIONS...)

Usually I end up hitting the BB's for the same reason. Ryujo is the world champion at that, but Ark Royal is pretty good at it as well.

To be honest, there isn't a bad tier 6 CV for operations.

[DED]
Members
8 posts
1,802 battles

i love my ark royal since i got her. as others have said her planes are slow. especially her level bombers and torp bombers (something like 107knots airspeed) her planes also seem to be slow to respond to evasive flying. so flak can hit her squadrons pretty hard if you are not ready for it. but her level bombers are fun with the number of little 40bls bombs they drop and three torps in an attack run can smack around bb's and cruisers pretty badly and  the bombs are good to hit DD's fairly easily too.

Sign in to follow this