Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
aster1

Interceptor skill improvement

3 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
20 posts
9,768 battles

Interceptors are pretty bad and I see little reason to ever run such a expensive skill that is a over all nerf (removes spotting/fighter clearing). A possible interesting fix could be that dropped interceptors will patrol as normal until the player ctrl clicks on a enemy squad to focus it. Once focused the interceptors will lock on regardless of range and intercept the target. If enemy players squad is locked they would get the red marker as normal. This would not come as a surprise ether as interceptors already have a unique icon. Interceptors can not spot enemy ships so this could not be used as a exploit to spot enemy ships. This would provide CVs with a active as opposed to a passive option to protect their team, something that is sorely missed from RTS days.

The skill would you potentially like this.(My best impression of a wargaming intern)

1083428137_WorldofWarships6_23_20218_41_27PM.png.67dabcacb209bf9f8a91e8f1b8775b67.png

Any thoughts?

• Cool 1

[MUG-T]
Members
785 posts
4,262 battles

I like this, but it brings up the question of what happens when you have multiple patrols out. Do they all lock on? Does the most recent or oldest one lock on?

[ANKER]
Members
20 posts
9,768 battles

I assume they all would lock on until they or target is destroyed. Squads that did not fire their guns would return to their patrol as they do currently. Some CV squads require more then one fighter squad to fully wipe out as well so it would make sense.

Edited by aster1

Sign in to follow this