You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nordlaender

Can we have the ability to change our Captain's name?

12 comments in this topic

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,319 battles

Dear WG,

Why can't we change or alter the names of regular captains?  

Being able to do this would make it far simpler to remember the group of top captains that a player has.  For example, giving them all the same last name when they become a 21 point captain.  As long as the surname and first name are actual names from that nationality, what harm would it do?

It would be a huge help to organize and remember various captains.  This ability would not apply to the special captains, only the generic ones.

Can we have this ability in a future update please?  The names are chosen arbitrarily it seems.  Why can't we change them when we also speak that language?

Thank you!

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
15 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

Dear WG,

Why can't we change or alter the names of regular captains?  

Being able to do this would make it far simpler to remember the group of top captains that a player has.  For example, giving them all the same last name when they become a 21 point captain.  As long as the surname and first name are actual names from that nationality, what harm would it do?

It would be a huge help to organize and remember various captains.  This ability would not apply to the special captains, only the generic ones.

Can we have this ability in a future update please?  The names are chosen arbitrarily it seems.  Why can't we change them when we also speak that language?

Thank you!

You can on some at least...just the other day the game asked if I wanted to change the name of a commander...

But unfortunately I forget the circumstances (it might have just been when recruiting a new 1 as I did that the other day to check the amount of XP needed to train a commander from 0 points to 21 because I was brain farting so I recruited a new 1 for that...then dismissed him right away).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You can on some at least...just the other day the game asked if I wanted to change the name of a commander...

But unfortunately I forget the circumstances (it might have just been when recruiting a new 1 as I did that the other day to check the amount of XP needed to train a commander from 0 points to 21 because I was brain farting so I recruited a new 2 for that...then dismissed him right away).

This is definitely a time you can do it.  I was recruiting and executing 6 pointers this weekend and noticed this.

• Thanks 1

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,943 posts
21,831 battles

I don't know if this works, but here are is a method of Commander renaming back in the days when Segal was changed to Doe

• Thanks 1

[TAZ]
Members
941 posts

AFAIK you can only change Commander image and name when you first recruit him and he has 0 points it.

• Thanks 1

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,319 battles
6 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

This is definitely a time you can do it.  I was recruiting and executing 6 pointers this weekend and noticed this.

Ummm... any particular reason why you were recruiting 6 point captains and then executing them?  :cap_wander_2:

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
15 minutes ago, Nordlaender said:

Ummm... any particular reason why you were recruiting 6 point captains and then executing them?  :cap_wander_2:

I had some silver I was converting to ECXP.

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,319 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I had some silver I was converting to ECXP.

Oh.  So,  now we can recruit 6 point captains with credits?  I thought it was a 3 point captain for 25 doubloons.

I'm gonna go check on that.

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,319 battles
8 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I don't know if this works, but here are is a method of Commander renaming back in the days when Segal was changed to Doe

Thanks for the link.  Unfortunately, it is dead now.  do you remember the name of the software program or whatever it was?

Thanks!

P.S.  also, I assume after downloading a program, we must open a file.  does anyone know the name of the file and its location?

Edited by Nordlaender

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
1 minute ago, Nordlaender said:

Oh.  So,  now we can recruit 6 point captains with credits?  I thought it was a 3 point captain for 25 doubloons.

I'm gonna go check on that.

6 pt captain is 900K silver.

To convert to ECXP is 92k silver for 9250 EXP.  So it is about a million silver for 9250 ECXP.

Not efficient, but I have 600 million credits.

[SF-13]
[SF-13]
Members
604 posts
9,319 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

6 pt captain is 900K silver.

To convert to ECXP is 92k silver for 9250 EXP.  So it is about a million silver for 9250 ECXP.

Not efficient, but I have 600 million credits.

Well, when you have that many credits, why not do it?

I have over 300 million and nothing to buy with it (that is, that i really want to have).

I plan to bid again on the coal, but there seems to be no auctions going anymore.  What happened to that idea?

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
Just now, Nordlaender said:

Well, when you have that many credits, why not do it?

I have over 300 million and nothing to buy with it (that is, that i really want to have).

I plan to bid again on the coal, but there seems to be no auctions going anymore.  What happened to that idea?

There's another one in 10.6 I think.