You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
battletank7

Credit Grinding Premiums

51 comments in this topic

[WGF]
[WGF]
Members
3 posts
1,953 battles

My first forum post, so excuse any mess-ups. Anyways:

I'm looking for a good credit grinding premium. After a little research and looking around at T9 Premiums, I'm still left feeling a little indecisive. So what are the current thoughts on the T9's available for purchase? Are any of the T8's particularly good? Do any ships have add-on skins that really boost their earnings?

Just to get this out of the way: I'm pretty good at battleships and cruisers, Decent with destroyers, and average with carriers.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles

Tier IX premium of a type you are good with.  Also Kii or Roma with the Makoto Kobayashi camo earn credits even better than Tier IX premiums not named Missouri.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,001 posts
18,493 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Tier IX premium of a type you are good with.  Also Kii or Roma with the Makoto Kobayashi camo earn credits even better than Tier IX premiums not named Missouri.

Yep pretty much this ^^

Only thing I would add would be what you have fun with. Take the grind out of grinding. Ideally a tier 8 or 9 of each class. Will always give you some way to counter the Meta and have fun.

[WOLFX]
Members
96 posts
19,311 battles
32 minutes ago, battletank7 said:

I'm looking for a good credit grinding premium. After a little research and looking around at T9 Premiums, I'm still left feeling a little indecisive. So what are the current thoughts on the T9's available for purchase? Are any of the T8's particularly good? Do any ships have add-on skins that really boost their earnings?

Just to get this out of the way: I'm pretty good at battleships and cruisers, Decent with destroyers, and average with carriers.

For tier 8 Tirpitz is a fail safe.And don’t overlook Alabama.Tier 7 Scharnhorst .My best tier 9 farmers are Georgia And Jean Bart but they are currently unavailable.I just got Pommern and seem to do well with it.It’s available for coal if you have it.

Edited by magnum196940

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,733 battles

looks like you would enjoy any of the fine German high tier premiums excluding Z-44 (cmon WG buff the poor girl already!!!!) 

Pommern is a reliable beautiful ship a lot in common with the FDG

Ägir is similar enough to gneis and better accuracy

z-44. Like I said not worth the coal/money in her current state 

Zf-6 if she’s still obtainable? She’s a great little DD haven’t played enough to give a decent feedback.. 

Tirpitz if you love Bismarck it’s that with torpedoes and no hydro 

prinz eugen is the hipper with slower RoF but gains rep party 

Mainz is a less armored hipper and 150mm guns 

seigfried is nearly identical to Ägir but a few differences..

graf zep is a shell of her former glory seems every CV patch it gets nerfed...

Z-35 same class as Z-44 but has hydro and guns are actually good

Don’t ask me about other  nation  my main is German and UK lol

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
487 posts
26,959 battles

In 0.10.5, premium T-9 DD can get you 500k base credit in a good game in Grand Battle.  With premium time, and the right camo and flags, that will be more than a million credit.

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,527 posts
13,617 battles

Hard to go wrong with a Tirpitz if you like playing BBs. Fun ship and easy to play over and over. 

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

Permacamo that provides a reduction in service costs.

I have a number of T10 ships with them (Most premiums)

The other thing is to quit using combat flags in coop etc. But save the special flags for Operations so you can potentially rake in a million if not more credits.

I also buy two packs of economic flags a month, way better than grinding 90 pathetic FXP and a handful of credits or breakeven every game.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

What the others have said - play a ship you enjoy and are good at.  I’m earning 600,000 to 700,000 credits a game in Wichita, and loving it.  Even in a bad game, I’m still close to 400,000.  That is with the normal economic credit boosting signal and 1 dragon flag that gives extra credits.  I can pretty much guarantee you that I would not earn as much in Missouri, since I’m not much of a BB player.

[WGF]
[WGF]
Members
3 posts
1,953 battles

Thanks for all the input so far. Few more questions:

I know people say T9 is the sweet spot, but what is the difference in T8 vs T9 credit earnings? If its not that big of a gap, there are more ships in T8 I'm interested in.

On that note, There are several ships I'm interested in, and all ask for extra opinions on those:

1. Tirpitz/Pommern: Throwing these together for one reason, I played and loved the Bismark, and I still play and love the FDG. For that reason I see both ups and downs to grabbing ships pretty similar to those I've already played. I will know how to play them (roughly), And won't have to worry too much about adjusting. At the same time, again, I have played very similar ships quite a bit, so I could burn myself out easier.

2. Flandre: Looks like a pretty standard battleship, albeit with what seems to be a heavy secondary armament, but small-ish main guns.

3. Mainz: After a short look at a review and the ship itself, it looks like fun, lots of fire-power, and squishy, but what cruisers aren't? Almost like a German Cleveland.

4. Prinz Eugen: While it is just a Hipper, I haven't gone down the German cruiser tree, and likely won't for a long while. I also heard it had a skin you could purchase to boost earnings, but I don't know if its still available, or if it will pay itself off.

Honorable mentions:

5. Azuma: Saving up coal for the Yoshino, so not sure if I want to buy what would basically be a 60 dollar, 'worse' 'Yoshino'.

6. Kii: I have and love the Amagi, but I've heard questionable things about the Kii, so that's why I through it in the Honorable mentions to get more opinions on it.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts
6 minutes ago, battletank7 said:

I know people say T9 is the sweet spot, but what is the difference in T8 vs T9 credit earnings? If its not that big of a gap, there are more ships in T8 I'm interested in.

On that note, There are several ships I'm interested in, and all ask for extra opinions on those:

1. Tirpitz/Pommern: Throwing these together for one reason, I played and loved the Bismark, and I still play and love the FDG. For that reason I see both ups and downs to grabbing ships pretty similar to those I've already played. I will know how to play them (roughly), And won't have to worry too much about adjusting. At the same time, again, I have played very similar ships quite a bit, so I could burn myself out easier.

2. Flandre: Looks like a pretty standard battleship, albeit with what seems to be a heavy secondary armament, but small-ish main guns.

3. Mainz: After a short look at a review and the ship itself, it looks like fun, lots of fire-power, and squishy, but what cruisers aren't? Almost like a German Cleveland.

4. Prinz Eugen: While it is just a Hipper, I haven't gone down the German cruiser tree, and likely won't for a long while. I also heard it had a skin you could purchase to boost earnings, but I don't know if its still available, or if it will pay itself off.

Honorable mentions:

5. Azuma: Saving up coal for the Yoshino, so not sure if I want to buy what would basically be a 60 dollar, 'worse' 'Yoshino'.

6. Kii: I have and love the Amagi, but I've heard questionable things about the Kii, so that's why I through it in the Honorable mentions to get more opinions on it.

i'd say the choice is obvious... choose the one you think you would play the most and that looks like Tirp/pomm to me... (i haven't played pommern or fdg... but do play Bis and Tirp)

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles

Do you have to balance the credit earning vs the cost to play at each tier? At least if  you are looking for net profit not just gross credits earned.

However, as mentioned above, getting a ship you would enjoy playing is probably the primary consideration. Missouri (if you could get her) is a super earner.  If you hate playing BBs or only like brawling BBs, it would be a bad choice.

Edited by Sabot_100

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Did someone mention the Kii?  :Smile_Default:

Spoiler

shot-20_05.04_19_11.14-0851.thumb.jpg.e37c1bf39b12daa54887a580f544bf65.jpg

[WGF]
[WGF]
Members
3 posts
1,953 battles

Yea, I think I've cut it down to 2 main choices: Mainz and Prinz Eugen.

roughly just comes down to Mainz has more high ROF guns (which are better than its equivalents in a several ways), but lacks a heal.

Eugen has fewer higher damage guns, and has a heal.

Both of those sound enjoyable to me, Based off my playtime with other nations cruisers I'd likely do well with each. Thoughts? Am I missing anything important? Is one more "meta" than the other? Should I stop being indecisive and just pick one?

Thanks again for all the help.

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
1 hour ago, battletank7 said:

Honorable mentions:

Premium Account time is very helpful for earning credits and XP/CXP/FXP.  It goes on sale a couple of times per year, I think.  I tend to purchase it around the Christmas holiday season.

1.  Tirpitz is Tier-8 and somewhat more affordable than Pommern.  If Tirpitz is up-tiered, then she gets a small bonus for doing damage vs. Tier-9 & Tier-10 ships.

2.  Don't have the Flandre, so I can't comment.  I suggest reading LittleWhiteMouse's review, if you haven't already.  I have the Jean Bart and the Alsace.  Both are fun.

3.  Mainz = another ship I don't have.  So, can't comment.   I am happy with the Agir, though.

4.  Prinz Eugen.  Don't have.  

5.  Azuma is available for FreeXP, or $$ in the Premium Shop.  For FreeXP, I think she's totally worth it.
    I do have the Azuma, and I thoroughly enjoy sailing her, and I have Commander Azur Lane Azuma, to complete the picture.
    Without torpedoes, she's less complicated to sail & fight when compared to the Yoshino, and can see a wider mix of matchmaking (theoretically).

I also have the Yoshino, and enjoy sailing her, too.  Yoshino is available for coal.

Spoiler

image_2021-06-23_181051.png.3e7e0b47e3079a1582c61fe84e5139b0.png

6.  Kii.  I've no regrets welcoming the Kii to my Port.
     She can mount the optional (7,000 doubloons extra cost) Kobayashi camouflage for additional credits earnings potential (and it looks cool, too).
     Kii's torpedoes reach out farther than Tirpitz's torpedoes (10 km vs. 6 km).  Kii launches 3 per rack, while Tirpitz launches 4 per rack.  If an entire torpedo salvo hits, the maximum possible damage is pretty close.
    Kii's main guns reach farther and are slightly more accurate, I think.
    But, I can't verify that with the wiki page, because, at the moment, the Tirpitz's wiki page is missing the main-battery information.  (Tagged for @iDuckman  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Tirpitz )
    Tirpitz's secondary battery can fire further than the Kii's secondary battery suite, though.
    Tirpitz has the edge in maneuverability and top speed.

Tirpitz = brawler with options to shoot at stuff beyond medium ranges.
  Kii = less of a brawler, but no less deadly to the unwary, and able to engage targets at short & medium & long ranges.  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Kii

If you stuff enough economic flags on a Tirpitz, you can probably match the earnings of the Kii with the Kobayashi camouflage.
By that method, a player is paying for the credits either way (via expendable economic signal-flags, or via a permanent camouflage).

A ship you didn't mention, but which is available and can earn some credits in random battles, among other places, is the Kaga.
The Kaga is a user-friendly and versatile Premium Tier-8 CV.
 If the price-tag is too high, and you want some fun in Scenario Operations, too, then I suggest the Tier-6 Premium CV, Ark Royal.  (I have both.)

Given that CV's have been hit with the recent rocket-plane nerf.  I'd totally understand if you preferred to allocate your $$ elsewhere, or prefer alternatives, such as the Manfred Von Richtofen or the Max Immelmann.

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
2 hours ago, battletank7 said:

I dont run prem time and do very well with Immilman

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,478 posts
4,774 battles
11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, I can't verify that with the wiki page, because, at the moment, the Tirpitz's wiki page is missing the main-battery information.  (Tagged for @iDuckman  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Tirpitz )

Tirpitz too?  The Main Battery sections have been disappearing for a while.  We've notified WoWs support but so far no fix.

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Tirpitz too?  The Main Battery sections have been disappearing for a while.  We've notified WoWs support but so far no fix.

Thanks for the reply, @iDuckman.   Good luck getting it fixed.

[BB_B]
Members
104 posts
1,200 battles

Tirpitz for me, along with my 1 21 point captain.  Currently using her to grind Yamamoto and Halsey in co-op.  Always loved the Bismarck, but the torps on the Tirpitz was a big selling point.  Love to brawl and the secondary build is free damage no matter how accurate it is.  Tier 9 would be Musashi and Jean Bart.  Also lean towards anything that allows me to fire faster.  Rounds downrange is important to me.  If I can get 22-23 second reloads on a BB, I'm all over it.  Jean Bart with the reload booster is pretty awesome.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
37 minutes ago, battletank7 said:

Should I stop being indecisive and just pick one?

Ohhhhhhhhh, I don’t knooooowwwwwwwwww….

• Funny 2

[WOLF2]
[WOLF2]
Members
487 posts
26,959 battles

Here is my own chart based on clan battle earning data:

Untitled.thumb.png.6de036420d98d07d1262d162e2a712d7.png

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,527 posts
13,617 battles

I would choose Tirp over the Pomm. More opportunities to use it in more game modes.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
2 hours ago, battletank7 said:

Most of the bad stuff about Kii are from when she was released.  She has been buffed in three notable ways since then, her reload was reduced to 30 seconds, her citadel deck was thickened from 25mm to 32mm, meaning 15", 16" and 18" shells no longer overmatch it and, IIRC, the range of her torpedoes was made longer.

She is a good ship now.

Members
1,602 posts
2,011 battles
4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:
Spoiler

shot-20_05.04_19_11.14-0851.thumb.jpg.e37c1bf39b12daa54887a580f544bf65.jpg

That camo looks EXTREMELY Gamilan. Considering that's Spaceport, were you thinking what I'm thinking?