You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Poltava... Is it even good for anything?

17 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles

Pretty much most of what a forum search came up with was KoTS posts...

Is there anything positive about this, THING, because so far I hate it.

Stay far, useless guns; get close, die to spam or citadels.

I think they got the rudder from the same supplier as Khab's.

(And no, I didn't buy it; my Poltava came from a Christmas container, and I'm just now getting around to playing it.)

So far...

y2wZHI.jpg

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles
41 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

(And no, I didn't buy it; my Poltava came from a Christmas container, and I'm just now getting around to playing it.)

So far...

y2wZHI.jpg

If you haven't noticed the forums aren't always up on the actual facts...more fiction...lol

Screenshot_20210623-140704_Chrome.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,560 battles
38 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

If you haven't noticed the forums aren't always up on the actual facts...more fiction...lol

Screenshot_20210623-140704_Chrome.jpg

People don't take in to consideration of a lot of things.

Like numbers of battles.

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
25 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Like numbers of battles.

I wouldn’t deny what you said, but at the same time, how I feel about a ship is generally cemented in the first ten games I play, sometimes even fewer than that, (less than five.)

(‘First ten games,’ five PvP, five PvE, which is my personal minimum number of games per main mode.)

Seriously; Poltava turns as badly as Khab, the gun damage is anemic, and for a ship with supposedly low freeboard it gets cited like crazy.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,560 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

I wouldn’t deny what you said, but at the same time, how I feel about a ship I’d generally cemented in the first ten games I play, sometimes even fewer than that, (less than five.)

(‘First ten games,’ five PvP, five PvE, which is my personal minimum number of games per main mode.)

Seriously; Poltava turns as badly as Khab, the gun damage is anemic, and for a ship with supposedly low freeboard it gets cited like crazy.

I was going more on in WOWS numbers, Poltava has about 18k games.

But for it's win percentage (which is high across the board), the damage numbers are lower than one would expect.

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles
34 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Like numbers of battles.

Sure , low number of battles ...just because a ship is a winner doesn't mean everyone wants to buy it....look at the Lenin one of the top tier 8 BBs but you don't hardly see them compared to other tier 8 BBs ....polts frags per battle aren't out of like in the top 50% of players.....she does less damage but must win someway.....maybe she kills dds , I don't have her so can't say....just pointing out that just because most say she sucks the numbers say differently 

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
6 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

Sure , low number of battles ...just because a ship is a winner doesn't mean everyone wants to buy it....look at the Lenin one of the top tier 8 BBs but you don't hardly see them compared to other tier 8 BBs ....polts frags per battle aren't out of like in the top 50% of players.....she does less damage but must win someway.....maybe she kills dds , I don't have her so can't say....just pointing out that just because most say she sucks the numbers say differently 

Oddly enough, I find the guns decently accurate, but the AP doesn’t seem very useful against other battleships.

[WOLF3]
Members
31,765 posts
26,651 battles

For a 356mm armed BB in Tier VII, Poltava is actually pretty good.  It's just why would you get her when the BEAST OF SINOP exists?

9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Oddly enough, I find the guns decently accurate, but the AP doesn’t seem very useful against other battleships.

That's the issue with 356mm guns in Tier VII.  They no longer have the "oomph" against heavy armor threats, particularly against those nasty Tier VIII-IX BBs you can encounter.

The only one that doesn't care is King George V, thanks to her RNBB Mega HE Shells.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles
15 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I'll watch some vids on her....and let you know what I think....like I absolutely love the tier 5 Sirocco  , feel 1 on 1 she is an absolute beast...most don't like her , not everyone likes the same thing

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

For a 356mm armed BB in Tier VII, Poltava is actually pretty good.  It's just why would you get her when the BEAST OF SINOP exists?

Because I don’t generally like RU BBs.

Stopped at Izmail, and only have that because some event awarded it. The actual last RU I deliberately bought was the T5 Velikiy.

Weirdly, I have a very favorable impression of the Italian Ersatz Gangut Alighieri. See here for my thread with a replay.

Poltava showed up in a Christmas container, and I’m just now getting around to playing it.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,841 posts
24,467 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

So far...

y2wZHI.jpg

Well it is better than the ships to the very right on your photo...

Win rate that is....

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
11 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Well it is better than the ships to the very right on your photo...

Win rate that is...

Yeah, but that’s just four games…

At best, with just one game left I need to play, (for my own reasons,) it’ll end at an 80% wr, at worst a 60% wr.

I may not even bother playing it for x-flakes. At the moment, all the worth it seems to hold is as a file, hopefully preventing it from appearing in any future container.

[WOLF3]
Members
31,765 posts
26,651 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Because I don’t generally like RU BBs.

Stopped at Izmail, and only have that because some event awarded it. The actual last RU I deliberately bought was the T5 Velikiy.

Weirdly, I have a very favorable impression of the Italian Ersatz Gangut Alighieri. See here for my thread with a replay.

Poltava showed up in a Christmas container, and I’m just now getting around to playing it.

You weren't aboard the "OMG RUSSIAN BIAS BATTLESHIPS BROKE WOWS!" thing that was going on, eh?

I got Poltava also from the Christmas boxes also, alongside some other undesirable Premium that was on WG's short list.

It was only maybe 3 months ago where I took Poltava out for a spin.  Again, passable but in Tier VII I have way better BBs there.

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You weren't aboard the "OMG RUSSIAN BIAS BATTLESHIPS BROKE WOWS!" thing that was going on, eh?

I was, but I tend to play with a more mobile style than what seems to be ‘bow in and tank’ for RU BBs. That preference doesn’t exactly lend itself to RU BBs.

Amusingly; in my very first game, after having trouble with a Lenin all game, I moved in close, tanked the expected last ditch shot, (surviving by some blessing of RNGESUS with 18 hp,) and rammed with a signal for the kill.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,841 posts
24,467 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, but that’s just four games…

At best, with just one game left I need to play, (for my own reasons,) it’ll end at an 80% wr, at worst a 60% wr.

I may not even bother playing it for x-flakes. At the moment, all the worth it seems to hold is as a file, hopefully preventing it from appearing in any future container.

The tier 6 ru tech tree bb is one of my worst ships, a clan mate has 80% win rate and 80k average damage....

He loves It I hate it...

So some players can do great in a bad ship, or suck...