Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

First Look: Tier X Premium European Destroyer HSwMS Ragnar

7 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,881 battles

Tier X Premium European destroyer HSwMS Ragnar has come to supertesting.  She seems nominally meant to replace the recently-removed HSwMS Småland, but Ragnar has some similarities to HNLMS Friesland as well. Learn more:

• Cool 1

Members
118 posts
538 battles

So from what I'm gathering, the only destroyer that Ragnar isn't going to be able to bully super well in a gunfight is probably Harugumo. Right? The IJN 100/98s HE isn't going to give two [edited] about that side plating even without IFHE, and so other destroyers will have to waste time swapping to AP and that's enough time for Ragnar to (potentially) hurt them.

I mean I'll take it seeing as Gumo is the primary T10 DD I play, but the last thing I want to deal with is a fancy premium DD trying to make my life miserable.

Members
1,001 posts
53 minutes ago, Sunrider1991 said:

So from what I'm gathering, the only destroyer that Ragnar isn't going to be able to bully super well in a gunfight is probably Harugumo. Right? 

Druid.

Members
118 posts
538 battles
19 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Druid.

I suppose I should clarify, destroyers who don't have only AP shells as their option. I was thinking that most destroyers wouldn't just have AP loaded for no reason (unless they had just got done firing at a broadside BB or cruiser) and Ragnar's possible capacity to punish them for that fact.

[4_0_4]
Members
303 posts
1,814 battles
3 hours ago, Sunrider1991 said:

I suppose I should clarify, destroyers who don't have only AP shells as their option. I was thinking that most destroyers wouldn't just have AP loaded for no reason (unless they had just got done firing at a broadside BB or cruiser) and Ragnar's possible capacity to punish them for that fact.

Aside from Druid and Harugumo, the only one I can think of off hand would be the Elbing, which pretty much always has AP loaded, as I understand it.

[FOXY]
Members
2,645 posts
7,873 battles
3 hours ago, rallybackmonkey said:

Aside from Druid and Harugumo, the only one I can think of off hand would be the Elbing, which pretty much always has AP loaded, as I understand it.

Yup. Elbing, F, Schultz and maybe the t8 one also. I think ive loaded HE once on those boats..

Sign in to follow this