Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SeaRaptor

First Look: Tier X Premium European Destroyer HSwMS Ragnar

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,296
[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, WoWS Community Contributors
2,728 posts
13,881 battles

Tier X Premium European destroyer HSwMS Ragnar has come to supertesting.  She seems nominally meant to replace the recently-removed HSwMS Småland, but Ragnar has some similarities to HNLMS Friesland as well. Learn more:

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
538 battles

So from what I'm gathering, the only destroyer that Ragnar isn't going to be able to bully super well in a gunfight is probably Harugumo. Right? The IJN 100/98s HE isn't going to give two [edited] about that side plating even without IFHE, and so other destroyers will have to waste time swapping to AP and that's enough time for Ragnar to (potentially) hurt them.

I mean I'll take it seeing as Gumo is the primary T10 DD I play, but the last thing I want to deal with is a fancy premium DD trying to make my life miserable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,001 posts
53 minutes ago, Sunrider1991 said:

So from what I'm gathering, the only destroyer that Ragnar isn't going to be able to bully super well in a gunfight is probably Harugumo. Right? 

Druid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
118 posts
538 battles
19 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Druid.

I suppose I should clarify, destroyers who don't have only AP shells as their option. I was thinking that most destroyers wouldn't just have AP loaded for no reason (unless they had just got done firing at a broadside BB or cruiser) and Ragnar's possible capacity to punish them for that fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[4_0_4]
Members
303 posts
1,814 battles
3 hours ago, Sunrider1991 said:

I suppose I should clarify, destroyers who don't have only AP shells as their option. I was thinking that most destroyers wouldn't just have AP loaded for no reason (unless they had just got done firing at a broadside BB or cruiser) and Ragnar's possible capacity to punish them for that fact.

Aside from Druid and Harugumo, the only one I can think of off hand would be the Elbing, which pretty much always has AP loaded, as I understand it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,153
[FOXY]
Members
2,645 posts
7,873 battles
3 hours ago, rallybackmonkey said:

Aside from Druid and Harugumo, the only one I can think of off hand would be the Elbing, which pretty much always has AP loaded, as I understand it.

Yup. Elbing, F, Schultz and maybe the t8 one also. I think ive loaded HE once on those boats..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×