Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ReflectionTrial

uptiered and in the weak side

15 comments in this topic

[-GK-]
Members
539 posts
14,131 battles

Im not sure, so Im asking, is programed that uptiered BBs are also always in the weak side. Im regrinding the French BB line, and besides being always in a tier X game with richeleu Im always being put in the weak side. doesnt seem optimal.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

Weak side? What do you mean by that?

But no, MM considers tier and ship type. There's a couple other rules (total ships of one type, tier distribution of previous battles played). Other than that no, MM is not rigged against you. If you're always on the losing side just remember there is only one constant on all those teams...

[-GK-]
Members
539 posts
14,131 battles

weak side, the side with less ships

for a supertester, seems that U should know that kind of stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
46 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

is programed that uptiered BBs are also always in the weak side.

No, afaik only programmed thing is  you are supposed to be kinda mirrored spawns. But tiers might vary, for example you can have a T9 DD and a T8 BB on your side matched against a T8 DD and a T9 BB on the enemy side.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
29 minutes ago, ReflectionTrial said:

weak side, the side with less ships

for a supertester, seems that U should know that kind of stuff.

Huh? Coop, Random, and Ranked always have the same number of ships on each side.

[-GK-]
Members
539 posts
14,131 battles
6 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Huh? Coop, Random, and Ranked always have the same number of ships on each side.

uff dude, stop embarrasing yourself. is kinda pathetic

learn the game u are a supertester of.

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,961 posts
6,663 battles
7 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

No mate, deployments can be very asymmetric. You may even spawn all alone by yourself on a flank, kinda annoying in Coop as you miss all the action. 

[NOVUM]
Members
180 posts
6,694 battles

PSA:

Within the context of this game, the word "side" can mean "flank" or "team".

HtH

[CO-OP]
Members
3,785 posts
31,061 battles
36 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I have seen games with reversed mirror spawns.

But to the OP, spawn locations are randomly assigned, although destroyers will start closer to the red side, than cruisers who are closer than battleships.  Carriers are always furthest back.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[CLUMP]
Members
397 posts
2 hours ago, ReflectionTrial said:

Im not sure, so Im asking, is programed that uptiered BBs are also always in the weak side. Im regrinding the French BB line, and besides being always in a tier X game with richeleu Im always being put in the weak side. doesnt seem optimal.

It wouldn't be so bad if they locked it to +/- 1 tier only. But I will bet MM doesn't look at Commander rank either. So you could have guys just getting into ships vs 21 level commanders because the game doesn't care. 

[PVE]
Members
8,795 posts
25,076 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

I think you missed your caffeine this morning... he's referring to:

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

...spawn all alone by yourself on a flank...

Aka...the "weak side"...

& Mirrored teams do vary where the ships are mirrored but on opposite flanks...

Most obvious when your team's CV is west & the enemy team's CV planes get detected 1st in the east...w/out enough time for them to have flown all the way over there from the west since the "Battle Starts" announcement...

That's actually quite common...

& is especially detrimental to the ships that spawn by themselves all alone on a flank because the enemy team also has the single ship kitty corner & they'd both run into a imbalance of more ships on their flank if they went straight ahead...

Could either be very bad when low tier...or the makings of an epic XP battle if you go forth straight & dominate all those ships on your flank.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
1 hour ago, BitCrushed said:

PSA:

Within the context of this game, the word "side" can mean "flank" or "team".

HtH

Yeah, finally realized that's what we're talking about. MM doesn't control spawn position so I wasn't even thinking about that use of the word.

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

No mate, deployments can be very asymmetric. You may even spawn all alone by yourself on a flank, kinda annoying in Coop as you miss all the action. 

Yeah, realized he was talking about spawn position not teams.

1 hour ago, ReflectionTrial said:

uff dude, stop embarrasing yourself. is kinda pathetic

learn the game u are a supertester of.

You said "side" with no other context, maybe clarify instead of attack.

But to answer the question, no. MM doesn't control spawn locations. On each map each ship type has a number of spawn locations. These are chosen at random (except for divisions). And you don't have to stick to your flank. I almost always move toward the middle in a BB.

[X-M-S]
Members
284 posts
4,479 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Weak side? What do you mean by that?

But no, MM considers tier and ship type. There's a couple other rules (total ships of one type, tier distribution of previous battles played). Other than that no, MM is not rigged against you. If you're always on the losing side just remember there is only one constant on all those teams...

I think he means being spawned on the weak flank of his team.

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
564 posts

I have noticed that divisions can sometimes lead to some interesting dispersion where you get placed since it puts people in the same division at the same spawn point.

Cirran

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
7 hours ago, ReflectionTrial said:

It's not.

When it happens, that's when I relocate to mid.

TBH, BBs aren't where I have problems, it's DDs. Either I'm playing a T6-7 DD, and the stealthier T8-9 DD is on my side, or the DD with RPF is on my side. Probably just confirmation bias, but it seems that happens far more often than not.

Sign in to follow this