Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

after careful consideration......

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

825
[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts

There is no reason at all to avoid giving team damage, I've tried to get a penalty, still haven't, just the on screen warning. 
Really not seeing how this change has helped the game, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,465
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles

If you weren't TKing a ton in the first place, it shouldn't be affecting you at all.

The changes were designed to stop people (who I suspect weren't even mostly on NA) from smacking teammates for petty, harrassing, and/or abusive reasons on a regular basis.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,148
[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles

Well, I’ll tell you this:

In the pre- 10.5 says, I’ve been known to take a shot at a red in REALLY CLOSE proximity to a green, when they’re going for a ram, particularly when the red is low-health, and the green is in good health. My teammate might be in a bad position and HAVE to take the ram. But if I could delete that red, I could save the teammate, and perhaps make his position survivable at the same time. I would take that risk for being pink for a few games. (We’re talking shells, here; torpedoes take too long to do this job.)

It was never a frequent thing, but is wasn’t a once-in-a-million thing, either.

But now, at a risk of loss of XP for the battle? No way. If I’m running draconic flags? Double no way.

So, the new rules mean I will not lift a finger to save a teammate in mortal danger, if doing so would pose any risk to me.

Remind me again what the new team damage rules are supposed to prevent?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

Dont drive your DD to where they want you? Tk'ed.

Whine about that to Customer Support times ten thousand others who got tked.

There isnt enough hours in I Dot Ten day to go through all that mountain of whine.

Solution? Eliminate TK.

Took them long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
825
[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts
17 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, I’ll tell you this:

In the pre- 10.5 says, I’ve been known to take a shot at a red in REALLY CLOSE proximity to a green, when they’re going for a ram, particularly when the red is low-health, and the green is in good health. My teammate might be in a bad position and HAVE to take the ram. But if I could delete that red, I could save the teammate, and perhaps make his position survivable at the same time. I would take that risk for being pink for a few games. (We’re talking shells, here; torpedoes take too long to do this job.)

It was never a frequent thing, but is wasn’t a once-in-a-million thing, either.

But now, at a risk of loss of XP for the battle? No way. If I’m running draconic flags? Double no way.

So, the new rules mean I will not lift a finger to save a teammate in mortal danger, if doing so would pose any risk to me.

Remind me again what the new team damage rules are supposed to prevent?

you don't understand, I have been unable to get penalized under the new change. You can put a dozen torpedo's into your team mates with no penalty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
825
[NOBS]
Banned
1,225 posts
9 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

It saves WeeGee alot of wasted time paying ppl to sift thru all the green-on-green TK gripe/complaint/whining reports.  

 

I suppose, just seems that now its ok to dump torps into teammates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,495 battles
3 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

you don't understand, I have been unable to get penalized under the new change. You can put a dozen torpedo's into your team mates with no penalty 

It takes 40 ordinance strikes against a single team mate or 50 total against multiple team mates. You just aren't trying hard enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,007
[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles
6 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

you don't understand, I have been unable to get penalized under the new change. You can put a dozen torpedo's into your team mates with no penalty 

You also can't damage your teammates and knock out modules.  That was the point.

But the 40 seems too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,192
[HINON]
Members
9,141 posts
13,592 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

Really not seeing how this change has helped the game, 

it makes it so trolls and lowlife scumbags cant screw over their team by taking out 2 ships by Tking and reflected damage, would you rather have it so someone on your team could TK your teams only DD because they didnt go where THEY wanted the DD to go? or because the DD didnt bring smoke or doesnt have it? or have them bring one of the teams BBs or cruisers down to half health or lower because they "stole my kill"? if you cant see that THIS is what the change has done, then maybe you might have been part of the problem and youre just mad you cant screw your team over anymore, its the only reason i can think of that would make sense for you not being able to see what this change was for

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,978
[ARGSY]
Members
25,092 posts
19,133 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_h2o said:

Really not seeing how this change has helped the game, 

Co-op players and Randoms players in low-tier games with bots have been harassed with random, inappropriate torpedo discharges by green bots for some time now. This is beyond the control of the human players, and sometimes occurs at ranges at which avoidance is impossible. In battles where the humans are small in number, this can turn a hard-fought carry into an automatic loss. 

In addition, I have been witness to a Random battle in which a BB player fragged his own carrier because he didn't like how the CV player was conducting themselves. The shot was heavy enough (IIRC a Kremlin broadside into a Saipan) that there was no time for the reflected damage system to mitigate it. Now this kind of tomfoolery has become impossible.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,476
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,082 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

If you weren't TKing a ton in the first place, it shouldn't be affecting you at all.

The changes were designed to stop people (who I suspect weren't even mostly on NA) from smacking teammates for petty, harrassing, and/or abusive reasons on a regular basis.

^^^^this.

At the end of the day, we have stated multiple times. The reason for this is so your team is not handicapped with lost HP or possibly a lost ship due to trolling or a team mates mistake.

-Hapa

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[X-M-S]
Members
284 posts
4,479 battles
38 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

^^^^this.

At the end of the day, we have stated multiple times. The reason for this is so your team is not handicapped with lost HP or possibly a lost ship due to trolling or a team mates mistake.

-Hapa

I agree with this change.  However, I question the 40/50 hits threshold before penalizing the offender.  That just seems way too high to me.  IMO, 40 or 50 hits in one battle is way beyond a mistake.  To even approach that number it seems to me that it has to be intentional trolling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,495 battles
16 minutes ago, Bomont said:

I agree with this change.  However, I question the 40/50 hits threshold before penalizing the offender.  That just seems way too high to me.  IMO, 40 or 50 hits in one battle is way beyond a mistake.  To even approach that number it seems to me that it has to be intentional trolling. 

I kind of agree on the thresholds chosen being a tad high but I can see why they went that way. 40/50 torps indicates...persistence. But there are several ships with a lot of quick loading low velocity high volume guns where you could have 30 to 40 rounds in the air before the first volley arrives. Intent? Negligence? Personally I wish they would have gone with a damage percentage, but I am happy that team damage is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,083
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,680 posts
13,339 battles
2 hours ago, Bomont said:

I agree with this change.  However, I question the 40/50 hits threshold before penalizing the offender.  That just seems way too high to me.  IMO, 40 or 50 hits in one battle is way beyond a mistake.  To even approach that number it seems to me that it has to be intentional trolling. 

I'm with you on the, way too high part. For a battleshp, then means you have spend most of a match shooting at friendlies (you've got a penalty to dispersion because you aren't locked on, so you'll hit less often than shooting at reds.) For a DD, to actually launch that many torps it's going to take a good portion of a match.

About the only ships that can realistically turn themselves pink are ships with rapid fire guns, USN and RN CV's using rockets. And even then, they'd have to really work on it.

To get to half the total you've already gone well beyond mistakes. For any halfway intelligent player, anything over 10 is probably trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,376
[CO-OP]
Members
3,785 posts
31,061 battles

If you really want to invoke a TK penalty why don't you take out a Harugumo or Smolensk (or similar fast firing ship) and division with someone.  You should be able to rack up 40 hits in less than 30 seconds.

Edited by HamptonRoads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
247
[WHARF]
Members
482 posts
19,760 battles

lets dumb the game down some more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,313
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

^^^^this.

At the end of the day, we have stated multiple times. The reason for this is so your team is not handicapped with lost HP or possibly a lost ship due to trolling or a team mates mistake.

-Hapa

The change eliminated a great stressor in the game.

As you probably know I am not too popular in this game and so people driving ships will regularly go out of their way to turn into my torps. Having to not only plot future torp attack vectors against manuvering humans closing in I also have to track all teammates in range and only shoot when its not possible for any to tk me.

The removal eliminates the problem entirely. I dont mind a whoopsie or whatever. Battle is battle. However sometimes being team damaged gets the offender tk'ed and wrecks any possibility of victory for the team. And for what? What a waste. With the Tk stuff out of the way they can only pass the salt in chat. And thats plenty. When a minimum of two madmads on your human team tk each other the red team will just LOLROTF failup to a automatic win.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
1,684 posts
5 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

I've tried to get a penalty, still haven't, just the on screen warning.

Why would you even try?

This attitude is what is to be expected from children.

Play as if the penalty is banishment from playing at all. In the real world you would spend time in prison or worse shot as a traitor.

I know this is a game and certain rules apply to all for misconduct.

Mistakes happen in a busy battle the point is to understand the ramifications for trolling just because you can.

Stop trying and play by the rules is the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[BUOY]
Members
1,422 posts
17,207 battles
5 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Well, I’ll tell you this:

In the pre- 10.5 says, I’ve been known to take a shot at a red in REALLY CLOSE proximity to a green, when they’re going for a ram, particularly when the red is low-health, and the green is in good health. My teammate might be in a bad position and HAVE to take the ram. But if I could delete that red, I could save the teammate, and perhaps make his position survivable at the same time. I would take that risk for being pink for a few games. (We’re talking shells, here; torpedoes take too long to do this job.)

It was never a frequent thing, but is wasn’t a once-in-a-million thing, either.

But now, at a risk of loss of XP for the battle? No way. If I’m running draconic flags? Double no way.

So, the new rules mean I will not lift a finger to save a teammate in mortal danger, if doing so would pose any risk to me.

Remind me again what the new team damage rules are supposed to prevent?

You have to hit one teammate 40x or multiple teammates 50x in a single match to trigger the no XP pinkening. This counter resets after every match too unlike the old system. WG weren't so dumb to not realize a low threshold that could be reached by mere carelessness / riskiness would lead to an unnecessary Cat5 hurricane with the player base.

The ONLY way to trigger the penalty is if you're experimenting, griefing, or possibly some scenario in Clan Battles where you're in a machine gun ship and have to fire through a teammate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,148
[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
5 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

You have to hit one teammate 40x or multiple teammates 50x in a single match to trigger the no XP pinkening. This counter resets after every match too unlike the old system. WG weren't so dumb to not realize a low threshold that could be reached by mere carelessness / riskiness would lead to an unnecessary Cat5 hurricane with the player base.

The ONLY way to trigger the penalty is if you're experimenting, griefing, or possibly some scenario in Clan Battles where you're in a machine gun ship and have to fire through a teammate.

I am aware of the high count.

I plan to maintain no count, however, of how many times in a battle my teammates have been hit by other teammates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
6 hours ago, Capt_h2o said:

There is no reason at all to avoid giving team damage, I've tried to get a penalty, still haven't, just the on screen warning. 
Really not seeing how this change has helped the game, 

Because the teammates you've been trying to get a penalty on stayed in the game. You weren't able to disadvantage your own team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
1 hour ago, dadeoo said:

lets dumb the game down some more....

What other choice is there, when the game proves too complex for many? Complain even more about how you can't carry them, and lose more games than you should?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
414
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
605 posts
13,441 battles
5 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

it makes it so trolls and lowlife scumbags cant screw over their team by taking out 2 ships by Tking and reflected damage, would you rather have it so someone on your team could TK your teams only DD because they didnt go where THEY wanted the DD to go? or because the DD didnt bring smoke or doesnt have it? or have them bring one of the teams BBs or cruisers down to half health or lower because they "stole my kill"? if you cant see that THIS is what the change has done, then maybe you might have been part of the problem and youre just mad you cant screw your team over anymore, its the only reason i can think of that would make sense for you not being able to see what this change was for

How often have you seen intentional  TKing? Accidental yes, but not intentional.  I have played over 8,000 battles and have only seen it a handful of times. It really wasnt the wide spread problem people like you make it sound like it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[HKC]
Members
882 posts
7 hours ago, Edgecase said:

If you weren't TKing a ton in the first place, it shouldn't be affecting you at all.

The changes were designed to stop people (who I suspect weren't even mostly on NA) from smacking teammates for petty, harrassing, and/or abusive reasons on a regular basis.

Yes.

AMAZINGLY I've been seeing pink players at all levels, still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×