You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
0ldRichard

PT Rewards Change Coming

15 comments in this topic

[NONE]
Members
4,031 posts
12,447 battles

The announcement for PT 10.6 which starts tomorrow showed an interesting change.

When the new "Community Tokens" were announced, I thought it was pretty cool they'd be included as PT rewards. What I didn't expect was that now you can no longer earn 3x all battle flags just for playing1 match, or 5x camos for playing 3 matches. They substituted a handful tokens for actual rewards.

I checked the Armory in-game, and didn't see anything for tokens I'm even remotely interested in, so I guess I'm done with the PT server.

• Thanks 5

[DVYJC]
Members
4,434 posts
11,886 battles

There's a lot of good stuff for tokens. I have all the Tier V and Tier VII ships in the ship crate drops, and so I'll probably farm Tier V ship crates for the 4,000-doubloon duplicate compensation. It's looking like if I do all the Twitch drops and the PTS each month, I'll probably get a Tier V ship crate every 2.5 months or so.

There are also four or five permacamos I like that are otherwise unavailable that are tempting.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[TWFT3]
Members
3 posts
10,629 battles

I agree. For me the main purpose of the test server was to get more flags/camos. Now that they've taken away the flags I don't have much incentive to try the test server.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
215 posts
11 minutes ago, defcon170 said:

I agree. For me the main purpose of the test server was to get more flags/camos. Now that they've taken away the flags I don't have much incentive to try the test server.

Same here. Oh well, there's a chunk of drive space I can free up anyway.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,953 posts

I never did the test server, ultimately its all pixels and seperate rewards and final nail was the flag removal.

They did make it very easy to get knocked up into the TS etc.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,194 posts
19,200 battles

Let's see what happens in 10.7; the Community Tokens are new, and this might just be a way of increasing their prominence as a one-off.

I agree that it would not be a good thing if all the flags and camos were to disappear. Re-establishing them for the first three co-op or random battles and then giving out CT's for everything else might be a good compromise.

If that's not the way it goes and it's CT's or nothing... well, I'll just accumulate CT's and get premium ships with them. Permacamo included means no temporary camo issues.

Do note, however, that the missions for combat flags which have recently been brought in on the live server do give out a certain number of the Draconic flags, so it might just represent a change in the way the various flags are being awarded. Shift, adapt, evolve... or die.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,938 posts
23,077 battles

Presumably if you want flags, you should spend your community token rewards on the resource container or small recruiting station bundles. I haven't done the math (and probably never will) to see how the rewards compare, but as I recall, PTS never gave a whole ton in the first place.

• Cool 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,946 battles

They really need to make PTS more appetizing to play on.

As it stands not enough people even use the PTS for them to even really test stuff on, they have been using the live server to test things.

Not even sure the point of the PTS. It's not like they listen to us when we report issues on it.

• Cool 2

Members
462 posts
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

As it stands not enough people even use the PTS for them to even really test stuff on, they have been using the live server to test things.

Not even sure the point of the PTS. It's not like they listen to us when we report issues on it.

It's a functional test, to weed out bugs in the new code.

Feedback on the content...not so much.

• Cool 1

[TWFT3]
Members
3 posts
10,629 battles
5 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Presumably if you want flags, you should spend your community token rewards on the resource container or small recruiting station bundles. I haven't done the math (and probably never will) to see how the rewards compare, but as I recall, PTS never gave a whole ton in the first place.

That's a fair point.  Maybe the math will all work out and it'll be a 6 of one, half dozen of the other kind of thing.  I also don't like that now I have to gamble to get signals/camos from a crate vs before I knew what I was getting going in.  

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,645 battles

Thank Heaven I can finally delete that client.  Constantly updating itself with 2 hour downloads.

Won't be missed.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,914 posts
8 hours ago, 0ldRichard said:

5x camos for playing 3 matches.

It was 10x camos for playing 3 matches.
While they don't offer identical in the Armory, you can correlate.
Now you get 2x camos for playing 3 matches.

If you're after flags or camos, you're all done. Uninstall.
This new gimmick is about getting free ships.
The payout is so low, I expect it to run at least for 1 year, and it will 
probably be timed to end just before the vast majority has enuf for a T7 ship.

I'm going to try for the T3 Katori JAP CL.
I'll never play it, but it's another ship to add to the collection.
They said to expect a refresh of offerings from time to time, so maybe they will
have different low tier ships on offer & I can collect those.

As for the mid tier perma camos, I already have all of those from previous giveaways,
but they may be of use to a new player.

After saying 'up to' 5k tokens per patch, this first one maxes out at 4.5k,
just shy of getting that Katori. Sounds about typical.

Keep in mind that they're also changing the live server rewards to 'choice'.
Depending on how that plays out, it might make up for the missing PTS rewards,
although it won't be nearly as generous.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NONE]
Members
4,031 posts
12,447 battles
15 hours ago, z9_ said:

If you're after flags or camos, you're all done. Uninstall.

Yup.

[-V1-]
Beta Testers
393 posts
9,544 battles
22 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

it's not like we get to test the new dang ships when they first come to the pts you always have to wait till the next one normally which is part of the reason i barely ever bother with it really. i really think they make us wait till tests after to sucker people into spending money on new lines before they are fully released and you've had a chance to test them. i mean else wise the rewards aren't even worth my time which i have in abundance lol. not sure how it's changed but when i did wot's pub test we actually tested the new lines before release but that was years ago. and we could actually play test prems not solely go by word of mouth of others and cc's

[WOLFG]
Members
1,179 posts

Uninstalling.  I already have the lame tier three ship which they offer for 5000 tokens.  Farming tokens for this crap would take about 8 months using PTS if you just finished the first two missions.  WG found another way to screw us.  Thanks.  

• Cool 1