You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PTS 0.10.6

119 comments in this topic

[ANB]
Members
190 posts
17,451 battles

Excelente iniciativa em ampliar a premiação no servidor oficial por participar dos testes públicos.

Porém, não vou participar das demais missões por serem missões exclusivas em batalhas aleatórias e de briga, pois só jogo no teste público batalhas cooperativas.

Mudem isto e atuarei com prazer mais efetivamente.

[POTW]
Members
69 posts
11,816 battles

I'm okay with the concept of the community tokens, but you in no way made the rewards for playing the test server commensurate with what it use to be.  You use to get 3 signal flags for playing a game, and 20 type 6 camo for playing 3 games.  Now you get 300 tokens, and that's not even half the minimum reward.  I like that you expanded the potential rewards, but you should have been able to get the minimum reward by playing a game or two to match the older system.  Either add new, less expensive rewards for community tokens, or increase the number of tokens received for the activities.  In my case, I think my participation on the test server will be waning otherwise.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2

[A-I-M]
Members
122 posts

What is the size of the public test software, I have very limited space on my SSD drive ?

[STW-A]
Members
288 posts
1 hour ago, Cpt_Kidd_ said:

What is the size of the public test software, I have very limited space on my SSD drive ?

The Public test is another complete game client for WoWS.  Currently, my folder with the Public Test 0.10.5 is 54.5 Gigs.

[STW-A]
Members
288 posts

Feedback for the rewards of the Public Test 0.10.6 :

WG guys -- For the past, well, over a year, I've had fun playing the Public Test with my friend for the various rewards on the live server.  Now, with the Public Test 0.10.6, you've given me a very tough sell.

Where I used to say "Play 1 coop or random game for 3 of every (non-special) signal flags", I can now only say "Play 1 coop or random game for 100 community tokens which can be exchanged for .... a single Restless Fire camo."

Where I used to say "and play a total of 3 coop or random games for 10 camos that give 100% XP", I can now only say "and play a total of 3 coop or random games for 200 community tokens, which can be exchanged for ... two additional Restless Fire camos."

Of course, I can now say "Just play 3 coop and random games on the PT for a total of 300 community tokens, for 34 weekends of the Public Test, and you'll be able to trade your 10,000 community tokens for a single tier 5 premium ship.  Isn't that better than the old rewards of getting 102 of every non-special signal flags and 340 camos with 100% extra XP?"

I don't think he'll be convinced, and I probably will lose my friend and partner on the PT. 

• Cool 6

[DVYJC]
Members
4,413 posts
11,747 battles
32 minutes ago, Seaman_Rookie said:

Of course, I can now say "Just play 3 coop and random games on the PT for a total of 300 community tokens, for 34 weekends of the Public Test, and you'll be able to trade your 10,000 community tokens for a single tier 5 premium ship.  Isn't that better than the old rewards of getting 102 of every non-special signal flags and 340 camos with 100% extra XP?"

I think it is. If you do all the PT tasks it's 3,250 community tokens, not 300, and the biggest challenge in finishing the PT tasks is actually getting enough players to do it with reasonable queue times. 

Plus you can get 100 community tokens from Twitch Crate drops alone per week, we got 1,000 from official stream drops, and I think 400 per week from completing the Twitch mission. That's another 2,000 per month, assuming the official stream drop ones are a one-time thing. So if you do all these not-terribly-onerous things, it's more like "Just finish PTS missions each month for two months and keep some streams playing in the background at work or something and you can get a free Tier V ship."

• Meh 3

[V3NOM]
Members
2 posts
2,922 battles

então na 0.10.5 vocês destruíram os foguetes dos porta aviões uma das únicas armas eficazes contra contra torpedeiros então que tal agora destruir as armas antiaéreas dos contra torpedeiros pois um porta aviões tier 8 não consegue mais infligir dano nos contra torpedeiros tier 10

[WANGZ]
Members
20 posts
2,283 battles

ya agreguen los submarinos por favor , y dejenlos definitivamente en el juego  !!!!!:Smile_unsure:

[USCC]
Members
3,490 posts
16,146 battles
49 minutes ago, homegrown_cowboy said:

After installing the update all I get is "Can't connect to server. Try again later"

Starts: Thu. Jun. 24 9:30 AM PT / your local time: Thu. Jun. 24 12:30 PM

[BOMBS]
Members
136 posts
11,515 battles

Not liking the "Claim Reward" feature for some combat missions. Seems intentionally deceptive, like I have to go look through ALL the missions to find the one(s) that I earned. I get that maybe offering a choice of reward seems like a good idea, but its not like we're deciding on which premium ship to get. I don't want to have to muck around through this UI for a signal or a container. I just like earning a reward. Don't need a choice. Maybe tell me where its located on the mission list?

Edit: Also, once I complete one, if its in a list of other completed ones, I have to click through every one. Really needs highlighting, IMO.

Edited by LaurenBacall
  • Cool 4

[BOMBS]
Members
136 posts
11,515 battles

Question: Why does my test instance only allow me to play tiers 1, 5, and 8, but my clan mate has access to all tiers AND premium ships?

[WPORT]
Members
10,919 posts
15,412 battles

Sounds like you have a "brand new" Public Test Server account.

It takes a while for your Live Server account ships to migrate copies of themselves (along with Commanders) over to a PTS account.  

Play some games.
Somewhere within a day or perhaps up to a week, if my memory is correct, the copy-migration will happen.

Contact Customer Service if it does not happen, to resolve any technical issues that might prevent the migration.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

I uninstalled PTS today, I have participated for 4+ years.

Why?

No flags being given out anymore. I have all the content in the new currency tab.

image.thumb.png.bacd8bd15bf11f876714ef210cc25fee.png

Great job chasing away the people who have actually been doing pts for the past 4 years.

• Cool 4

[BOMBS]
Members
136 posts
11,515 battles
13 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

No flags being given out anymore. I have all the content in the new currency tab.

Not sure I understand. Before, I'd get a few signals for the first few matches and then not want to grind a whole day for a few other rewards. Now, at least, I have some options on how to spend my time/currency, and the contents of the containers don't seem so bad. And the spacing between PTS goals is closer, so I'm spending more time doing that than usual. (In fact, I haven't played PTS in a while because the rewards just weren't worth the time.) And the content you're referring to wasn't ever an option for you to get before, but is for new players?

Edited by LaurenBacall

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles
9 minutes ago, LaurenBacall said:

Not sure I understand. Before, I'd get a few signals for the first few matches and then not want to grind a whole day for a few other rewards. Now, at least, I have some options on how to spend my time/currency, and the contents of the containers don't seem so bad. And the spacing between PTS goals is closer, so I'm spending more time doing that than usual. (In fact, I haven't played PTS in a while because the rewards just weren't worth the time.)

I used to do all the objectives and the second session for flags. Now you get 300 points per session for doing the one game played and three games played missions. 600 tokens. It is 3000 tokens for some ugly token flag. 

You get 500 tokens for something like 70 fire / modules broken. That is probably over an hour of work. The work load has increased by magnitudes.

The items are also functionally useless to me. A flag gives me no benefit, it's purely cosmetic.  A T7 ship is maybe $35, I am not going to grind hours for tokens (twice per pts version) to get $35 in value once a year.

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[GT3]
Members
218 posts
8,103 battles

WG doesn't seem to want us to have any way of getting signals anymore it seems...

if i cant get signal flags ill eventually run out and stop playing... and will play less and less as that approaches.. is this the intended result?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles
4 minutes ago, Mego_Splat said:

WG doesn't seem to want us to have any way of getting signals anymore it seems...

if i cant get signal flags ill eventually run out and stop playing... and will play less and less as that approaches.. is this the intended result?

Oh they want you to get them via the premium store in $30 bundles. 

image.png.16ceb2ca72239e85af2da8688f6f570c.png

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Cool 2

[CAKES]
Members
7 posts
3,919 battles

I'm trying to reinstall now, but I'm getting a blistering 800kbps trying to download through Steam and I'm just getting an error in Game Center saying it can't connect to the update server.

[BOMBS]
Members
136 posts
11,515 battles

Feedback on the community tokens...I like it! As I mentioned above, I didn't usually keep doing test server past the first three battles because it seemed like maximum effort for minimal gain. In about 12(?) battles today, I've cleared ALL of the community token missions except the 30 sinks, which I'm 17/30 and working to complete for the 2000+ tokens. MUCH BETTER TYVM!

For older testers (or, lordy, players with 20k+ battles?!? ^^), I can see there's probably not much in the containers/rewards that you need. However, I suspect the WG is trying to get NEW people to test with this new system. "I'll buy that for a dollar!"

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,490 posts
16,146 battles
6 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm still getting this error as of now.

How about now? I've played a few today over there.