You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

How to Vermont.

10 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles

Well....I just finished the grind for it, haven't bought it, kinda curious how people play it.

Also - Kremlin worth the pain?

[CDOH]
Members
959 posts
8,620 battles

Honestly, i would not buy the ship again if given the choice.   The guns are not as good as they once where, even pre Dead eye, just my opinion.  The reload is so long you miss shot opportunities if you go dispersion mod.   Your so slow you can't really support your flank and reposition if things go south.  Everything seems to pen so you shed hp very quickly. Vermont is always  focused down cause its such a huge and easy to hit target.    I honestly would use those funds for any other Battleship, if cash strapped.  The meta pick would be conqueror.

In terms of game play, Playing the middle of the map is a good option.  It gives you plenty of targets and you don't have to move that far.  You will also get targeted by many ships.  You need to make sure you know where all the dds are at all times.  

Kremlin is a good BB.  Plenty tanky and ok guns.  quick reloading damage con.   I enjoy the ship but getting close is very difficult in T10.  This is a much better option over Vermont in my Opinion. 

Edited by Rothgar_57

[SGSS]
Members
6,269 posts
23 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Well....I just finished the grind for it, haven't bought it, kinda curious how people play it.

Also - Kremlin worth the pain?

Get a drink. Put on some soft jazz. Sit back into the perfect chair.  Stay at 20km or so because you have 30 km range.  Watch your reload and fire. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

Load into game.

Pipe crew to breakfast while reloading.

Shoot.

Finish coffee and smoke while your shells arrive.

Show up before lunch to check your results. Rework the problem.

You dont have to drive it anywhere. Just leave the fat tub in spawn. If those tillmans were so good America would not have built the Iowas etc in WW2.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,995 battles

You don't have a whole lot of choice about what to do in Vermont, since it can't exactly go places. Your best move is usually to putt-putt out to a spot with good crossmap angles and try to throw ordnance into ships from 24km. Particularly advanced players will sometimes stagger firing the front and rear turrets, sometimes even facing them in different directions, acting as two six-gun battleships. Vermont is relatively unique among battleships in that it's American AA power backed by DFAA, so it's substantially more capable of fending off the occasional carrier strike than most BBs.

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,670 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

If those tillmans were so good America would not have built the Iowas etc in WW2.

the Tillmans were never meant to be built, they were just drawn up to shut up the prick that was Senator Tillman who whined about the US making ships bigger and bigger and just wanted us to go ahead and make the biggest thing we could, but, as Drachinifel said in his video about the Tillman designs "Senator Tillman then did everyone a favor by dying in 1918"

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

the Tillmans were never meant to be built, they were just drawn up to shut up the prick that was Senator Tillman

Lol yeah.

[GRETA]
[GRETA]
Members
612 posts
20,150 battles

Vermont's style of play can depend on the type of equipments she has.

With the accuracy mod she can be a backline sniper. Position yourself near the center of your side of the map and let the broadsides come to you. Stagger your shots so that you aren't punished for missing a salvo.

With the reload mod you can push aggressively behind your cruisers (but maintain enough distance from the enemy). With a speed flag she will be pushing 25 knots which isn't that slow. Focus down enemy radars so your DDs can form a perimeter around you and screen for torps.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,568 posts
9,106 battles

I rather like the design WG came up with for Vermont in the game, to me it looks like somebody took the Tillman design with fifteen 18" guns and scaled it back to something more realistic by deleting the center turret. My only objections to it are that it doesn't have the roughly 25 knot speed it was intended to have and that the secondary battery is relatively weak for such a large ship. I'd expect a few 6"/53 secondary guns to be retained either in twin turrets or casemates. There is definitely the space for it.

Of course secondaries don't matter in-game considering how bad WG makes them.

Haven't played enough to develop a style for it but I took the reload booster so I don't die of boredom between reloads.

[UN1]
Members
1,405 posts
4,594 battles
6 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Kremlin - worth the pain?

The Russian BB line is probably the best BB tech trees of the 7. T5 is awesome. T6 is hard to play, but actually an awesome ship. T7 is sinOP for a reason. T8 Vladdy is decent. T9 Soyuz is probably my favorite non-T10 BB in the game.

Kremlin is superb.