Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elessar_warrior

Torpedoes bug

20 comments in this topic

Members
229 posts
23,111 battles

I have the same issue almost every battle. I potentially lost random battles and even clan battles becouse of this bug. Initially i thought it was a ping issue. It happens so often in this patch  i can't play torp ships anymore until this is fixed.

Thank you.

Please fix the turning torpedos.

I got this bug 

Edited by Elessar_warrior
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles

Replay or it didn't happen.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles
5 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Didn't watch the video, did ya?

I'm having serious trouble with the forums not showing videos and links.

All I see is empty white even after reloading numerous times.

This seems to be a recent issue. Did they change something on the forums recently?

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
24 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

This seems to be a recent issue. Did they change something on the forums recently?

It happens.   The video is Flamu's latest youtube post titled "Halland - Curving Torpedoes!?"

Edited by Helstrem
  • Thanks 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
29 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Oh I see, that is annoying. I thought they had fixed this since I no longer have the issue; here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozn-TnnREo

• Thanks 1

[JEDI-]
Members
2,685 posts
6,939 battles
3 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Oh I see, that is annoying. I thought they had fixed this since I no longer have the issue; here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ozn-TnnREo

Thanks for posting the link.

I never had this issue until a couple of weeks ago.

I wonder what changed.

Edited by xalmgrey

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

I wonder what changed.

For me it got way better with a browser update, I'm running Firefox which sometimes gets "improved" too much in one update. Clearing cache/cookies sometimes helps, or try if it is also not shown in incognito mode.

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
3 hours ago, Elessar_warrior said:

I have the same issue almost every battle. I potentially lost random battles and even clan battles becouse of this bug. Initially i thought it was a ping issue. It happens so often in this patch  i can't play torp ships anymore until this is fixed.

Thank you.

I got this bug 

I was so expecting to see some curving torps...& all I get is this?

I want my $$$ back.

I only watched a few moments as I thought this was supposed to be a replay of 1 of your battles where this was supposed to have happened to you...

But as soon as I heard the voice I knew it was gonna end up being an actual non issue made to be something it wasn't...

& I was right.

Are you blind or just easily influenced by National Enquirer headlines?

He zooms in on a ship that has the very rear end of the ship lined up with the island that is behind it...the island wasn't sticking out farther than the ship...but exactly the same amount...so if the ship got missed the island would get missed...

Yet he claims the island is sticking out behind the ship & should have been hit by the torps that were stupidly aimed & missed the ship & therefore exclaims the torps somehow curved...

Then...when he goes back to highlight it... he's highlighting not where he shot the torpedoes...but where the white indicator line is at which was 1/2 buried in the island saying look at how much of the island is sticking out...but that was a completely different angle than where he actually shot the torpedoes.

Really?

Can you put some doubs on my account for the wasted time I spent watching this?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts

It looks as if the auto collision mechanic has jumped to the torpedoes and they are trying to avoid the island maybe (not so much the Des Moines in the Flamu clip)?

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
6 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you blind or just easily influenced by National Enquirer headlines?

Watch the video, and try to actually understand what is happening. If you can't see it here clearly enough, there is more on twitch and you can just go into a training room to check for yourself.

I made a screenshot from just after when he fire the torpedoes (he was not zoomed in, there is however a replay anaylsis on twitch and reddit):

image.thumb.png.1ea920c603c597ffbd720fe2375fafcc.png

Blue is where the island behind the Des Moines is, green is where the torpedoes were fired. So, not all of them should have hit the island or DM, but a few should have. If the DM had somehow accelerated through the island or backwards, there is the island behind the DM that should have caught all of the torps. Which did not happen.

As I said, you can try this in a training room by firing torpedoes while turning. Aim them so they should just clear/hit an island, you will see turning will shift your point of aim.

Below is the better angle, someone linked it on reddit.

And finally:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,710 posts
26,602 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

I've had problems with these forums since November 2020.  A bunch of media that people put up don't show up for me at all or they look like dead images / etc.  Using Edge, Firefox, Chrome, it doesn't matter.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,531 posts
12,897 battles
5 hours ago, Elessar_warrior said:

Thank you.

I got this bug 

Where are all your games that this happened you said it happens almost every battle .? 

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

It looks as if the auto collision mechanic has jumped to the torpedoes and they are trying to avoid the island maybe (not so much the Des Moines in the Flamu clip)?

Its kinda frustrating, but its not popping its head up in every game. Just one so far that i can recall and it was in my Elbing. Thankfully i was close enough it didnt matter.

This is the second bug that messed with torpedoes in the last few months though. The last one was having torpedoes shoot the opposite way you had aimed. Hopefully they can find the cause.

[B-Z]
Members
249 posts
24,718 battles
5 hours ago, Elessar_warrior said:

Thank you.

I got this bug 

WG: No problem. We will introduce some more ships and game modes because we know that's what you really want.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
6 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Its kinda frustrating, but its not popping its head up in every game. Just one so far that i can recall and it was in my Elbing. Thankfully i was close enough it didnt matter.

This is the second bug that messed with torpedoes in the last few months though. The last one was having torpedoes shoot the opposite way you had aimed. Hopefully they can find the cause.

Must admit I've not had either happen to me - but wow, that second one has the chance of making you popular amongst team mates! :Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Must admit I've not had either happen to me - but wow, that second one has the chance of making you popular amongst team mates! :Smile_teethhappy:

It was bad, i nuked a FDG in a Benson the first time it happened to me.(torpedoes shot out on my right side and at a 45 degree angle.), i was launching em at a cruiser :( 

Got killed by the cruiser, though the torp damage woulda reflected and killed me had i not. Only time ive gone orange in coop.:Smile_unsure:

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
4 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

Watch the video, and try to actually understand what is happening. If you can't see it here clearly enough, there is more on twitch and you can just go into a training room to check for yourself.

I made a screenshot from just after when he fire the torpedoes (he was not zoomed in, there is however a replay anaylsis on twitch and reddit):

Blue is where the island behind the Des Moines is, green is where the torpedoes were fired. So, not all of them should have hit the island or DM, but a few should have. If the DM had somehow accelerated through the island or backwards, there is the island behind the DM that should have caught all of the torps. Which did not happen.

As I said, you can try this in a training room by firing torpedoes while turning. Aim them so they should just clear/hit an island, you will see turning will shift your point of aim.

And finally:

1st off...you made it sound like your supplying the reference w/the screenshot...when actually your just supplying a screenshot of when he zoomed in... you've been duped...just like all the fools trying to analyze it on Reddit or whatever format they're wasting their time on.

Green is not where the torpedoes were fired... you're basing where the torpedoes were fired from where the white line is lined up & where he fired in relationship to where the white line was at the time he fired...but as you stated...the zooming is from "after" he fired...not right as he fired...& he's moving at full speed in a DD... that's a  completely different angle than where he was at "when" he fired.

You just screeshotted where he zoomed in...after he fired... but..riddle me this...

If he wanted to show an exact angle of where he fired...why didn't he shut up so as not to distract from what he knew he was doing & actually show the zoomed in angle from WHEN he fired...instead of "just after (while moving full speed in a DD)...you can do that on a replay...right?

I don't need to watch the video again...saw exactly what he did the 1st time.

Look at that screen shot... it's just showing the white line...but he didn't send his torps down the white line...the angle you are looking at is not the angle he launched his torps so that angle you are looking at is irrelevant & was the point I was making.

Also...if you pay close attention even as he fires (you can see this best at full speed as opposed to the slow motion)...he says "the DM is beached & not moving"...but the white line indicator is moving around even as he says it (showing an obvious jockeying of the throttle back & forth by the DM)

Besides...this is not a new bug as it's not even a bug...

Have you never watched a volley of torps coming your way that were very tightly grouped & seen how they spread out? It's not always in a perfectly even pattern & rarely ever has been.

Sometimes with a 4 torp spread you will see a clear cut gap between the 1st & 2nd & they need to spread out further for the gaps to grow between the others...

Sometimes the 1st gap will emerge between the 3rd & 4th or sometimes between the middle 2...

Or sometimes gaps will form between 2 places & the last of them will go a decent amount further before that gap opens up.

Think about this...

If a ship is coming right for you the indicator line is just as wide as if the ship was perfectly broadside to you...yet if you fire the torps at a bow in ship that never changes direction or speed not all of those torps will hit it...ever...despite the line saying they will...

& sometimes even with the ship perfectly broadside & it never changing course or speed they still don't all hit if the ship is at the edge of your torp range...the middle 2 most often will but the edge ones can both miss going ahead & behind.

Torps have always had this variance when being fired in a turn... it's not a new thing.

As for that 14 second reddit/twitch thing...that looked suspiciously like a video edit cut.

In the video in this thread's OP the torps kept their standard green indicator all the time we watched them from launch to passing the DM & passing the island...

What the hell was that in the reddit/twitch video?

It started as normal green indicators & when the supposed change in direction happened (don't need to time stamp it...just listen to the voice change to a little girls whining) it's like the torps turned into some thin white lines that only somebody that had just snorted some thin white lines would mistake for torp indicators...I mean really...in his own words I also gotta ask..."What was that? What the hell was that?" (But when I ask it I'm not using a high squeaky prepubescent anime voice).

Just out of curiosity...where did that "better angle" come from...& who linked it on Reddit?

TL(way TL)/DR: Torps have always been effected by movement when launched...just like turret shots...but all of that is irrelevant in this case...

He intentionally waited to get a different angle than launch to make it look like it was something it was not...SO(click bait)P in his case...

& just the time between the 1st & 2nd torp volleys would have changed the angle enough in a full speed DD...after the 2nd volley...saying it would be way off is closer to an understatement than an exaggeration...angles spread quickly.

Just to clarify...when those toros were launched...the 2 edges (front & back) of the island were in a straight line...which is why the torps missed the island altogether...& the DM was tucked into the gap that you can clearly see would have been there if you line up the front& back edges together in a straight line... he's not tucked into that gap during the screen shot...but by the time the torps got there he was...because he was moving as opposed to stuck as falsely reported.

It's late...GN.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[_TLC_]
Members
125 posts
18,875 battles

Yeah It looked to mee like he misfired his torpedoes and then tried to blame WG for some bug that isn't there. Seriously he acts like they're Sub homing torps or something lol. I've never seen this "bug" but I have seen Torpedoes misfired a plenty 

[-BCO-]
Members
2,940 posts
5,063 battles
8 hours ago, shinytrashcan said:

I made a screenshot from just after when he fire the torpedoes (he was not zoomed in, there is however a replay anaylsis on twitch and reddit):

And finally:

Hmm.....nnice.

Well, when you try to keep the genie out of the bottle.....and the genie bites you in the ...khmm....

Sign in to follow this