You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pirate_Named_Sue

Torpedo Boat Cap Build

4 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
688 posts
8,873 battles

What's up guys, I am running up the torp line and am having a great time with Akat. How do we feel about Swift in Silence and Radio Location? I run radio on my gun boats but I'm not so sure about the torp boat needing it with the smaller conceal. I've never ran swift before. Currently my captain is a 17 pointer with the usual DD build, I was considering dropping Superintendent (I am pretty conservative with my expendables) and Survivability expert (if I am getting shot at, I [edited] up) which would allow me to do conceal, swift, radio with a 21 pointer. 

Thanks!

[O7]
Supertester
442 posts
13,713 battles

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSD012&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&skills=4876304&ar=100&consumables=111&pos=0

I would recommend this build.

Swift in Silence is good for torp DDs since it helps a lot with positioning. RL is still fine for torp DDs, but becomes less effective as you gain map awareness. Experienced players often don't run RL since they already have a general idea of where to expect the enemy. 

SI is not necessary as 3 smokes is often enough.

SE is invaluable at high tiers since there are a lot more ways for the enemy to detect you. i.e. radar, planes, even close DD encounters. A 20% boost to HP is invaluable for surviving engagements and retaining usefulness into the late game.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[VORTX]
Members
688 posts
8,873 battles
29 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSD012&modules=11111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&skills=4876304&ar=100&consumables=111&pos=0

I would recommend this build.

Swift in Silence is good for torp DDs since it helps a lot with positioning. RL is still fine for torp DDs, but becomes less effective as you gain map awareness. Experienced players often don't run RL since they already have a general idea of where to expect the enemy. 

SI is not necessary as 3 smokes is often enough.

SE is invaluable at high tiers since there are a lot more ways for the enemy to detect you. i.e. radar, planes, even close DD encounters. A 20% boost to HP is invaluable for surviving engagements and retaining usefulness into the late game.

Thank you!

[4TAC]
Members
3 posts
5,711 battles

It depends on your exp level. Personally, I am a potato, but with RPF my Yugo's win rate is just absurd (~80%). It just makes it too easy in random.