You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YoloBadgerDontCare

Anybody else staying in bronze on purpose?

30 comments in this topic

Members
43 posts
2,396 battles

We are often critical of WG when they do puzzling things, but I would also like them to know when I'm enjoying something... And I have been loving the Tier 6/7 ranked bronze league. 

This is the best thing that's happened to Tier 7 in a long time.

image.thumb.png.3c267302cdc131037eb7abfd3a30222b.pngimage.thumb.png.c1e79de5cb6e5636511057584122f9ed.png

I have been ranking out and actually sometimes have to stop playing to make sure I don't promote to silver. 

I have been seeing quite a few other players that I suspect are staying in bronze on purpose like me.

[DRAH]
Members
455 posts
11,114 battles

Yep, Bronze baby here. I play enough to get all the rewards for wins then just play for fun.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

Rank ten.

I have not played a single bronze ranked anything in like a month.

I quit ranked sometime ago for reasons I wont drag out and belabor all over again.

The biggest is the burn out on the steel gathering. I got the Burger this week and she is worth it on the coupon. The rest of the steel was converted to coal to upgrade a few ships and thrown out. That is that.

Edited by xHeavy

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,659 posts
24,627 battles

I play to get the first two, maybe three steel rewards then stop. I ranked out in Bronze the first season and don't care to do it again.

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles
8 minutes ago, YoloBadgerDontCare said:

I have been ranking out and actually sometimes have to stop playing to make sure I don't promote to silver. 

If you stick to T7 you have no option but to stop playing after you rank out & you can't promote yourself w/T7 play anyway...takes a jump to at least T8 for that.

But glad you're enjoying what you're enjoying...I like my Kagero too much to stick to bronze but will never jump to gold for sure.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,204 posts
14,599 battles

Yep, sticking to bronze here to ‘casually’ farm steel when I feel like it (and when I want to pull out some hair). Typically I’ll just play enough to get the first two sets of steel every other week, which comes out to all of a few battles every couple days after finishing my regular grinds and missions.

If ranked was my only source of steel, I’d probably go up to silver, but I also have CB steel to grind. 

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,579 battles

Me too cuz I love my Scharn.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,590 posts
28,974 battles

Haven’t bothered with Ranked since the format change.

Members
6,293 posts
8,148 battles

Nah, I'm still in Bronze because I can't really be arsed to put in the effort to get to R1 and qualify. 

I liked Bronze better when it was T8 only anyway. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

Bronze is cool... but I've business to do at T8 so I moved up to Silver this season. Enjoy your season OP, good hunt!

[SRM]
Members
380 posts
20,354 battles

Need 1 win to Silver  I've needed 1 for 2 days I think I'll do bronze again 

[CRUEL]
Members
557 posts
10,717 battles

I like tier 6-7 ranked so I stayed at bronze this season. If I rank out each time I get as much steel as if I do the silver win rewards. Between clan/ranked and everything else I'm kinda burnt out on the higher tiers.

[USMC-]
Members
375 posts
9,657 battles

I will take gold if I can get there. Didn’t make it this round but at least maxed out the rewards.

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,855 battles

I have been trying to rank out of bronze (really) and the highest I have been is rank 5, since this season started (over a month now). Having more fun playing Grand Battle games with my 19 PT FDG.

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,855 battles
1 hour ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Nah, I'm still in Bronze because I can't really be arsed to put in the effort to get to R1 and qualify. 

I liked Bronze better when it was T8 only anyway. :Smile_sceptic:

I agree with T8 being more fun in ranked. Still never made it out of any ranked system, ever. Always lowest tier for 5 years now ?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,818 posts
24,348 battles

I work 2nd shift.

Only time I can play, 10 am to 1 pm cst....

Monster battles and rank, active at noon....

Don't see getting out of bronze due to WG now screwing me with these new active times...

Members
83 posts
254 battles

Yep have been deliberately staying in bronze as well. T6/7 ships are fun.

Also, the number of stars needed and the irrevocable ranks are still somewhat palatable and within my level of patience for this.

I think silver/gold will be much more frustrating and I'm not really in the mood to experience that. Not my version of fun.

I can foresee myself grinding through silver and wanting to punch the screen with the constant back and forth. Would probably end up having sunk a couple of hours with no progress.

Not gonna set myself up for that.

Edited by armakel

[WOLF5]
Members
100 posts
4,319 battles

I debated whether to stay in Bronze or Silver this season since I like the multi-tier league concept so I was fine with either T6/T7 or T8/T9 ranked.  I ended up staying in Silver because there is more potential credit income with Tier 9 premiums than Tier 7 premiums.

[WGF]
Members
94 posts

Yes.

Staying in bronze because I realized last sprint that the only benefit Silver offers in terms of rewards is 200 Steel and 200 Dubs more than Bronze.

200 Steel is 5 days of easy play. And I don't really need Dubs.

Definitely not worth the pain and rage of trying to get through qualifiers. Would rather just play Bronze for rewards and then go back to grinding ships or other missions.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,878 posts

I dont bother with the stars and quals. The final nail was actually qualing for silver and getting it again and then tossed back to bronze.

That took about 50 to 70 games. ive played 650 ranked games already this year. Ground em. Failed up. etc.

The old ranked format I actually ranked out all the way and that was nice. A blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while.

The only way I will get back into ranked is if the stars and quals are eliminated. There are whole libraries online full of opinions for and against it. Bottom line, I have reached a point that I cannot be bothered to go into ranked the way it is now. A absolute and total burn out. It will be years before I have the desire to resume sticking my head into the gas oven.

At that stage, you are in a position of hating ranked. Among other parts of the game itself. If that continues to evolve it would be no problem moving on. Some of you would cheer. And good riddance.

Edited by xHeavy

[UNCLN]
Members
142 posts
10,366 battles

Try a bit on qualifiers, and decided silver is not my cup of tea as I am struggling to have a win. Even if I managed to move on to silver, I doubt I will have enough mentality to rank out silver, which means I will more likely getting the stuff out from winning. Since it is the same amount, why should I spend far more effort.

I am having more fun in Grand battle in my T9 DD than in qualifiers. So probably I will rank out bronze and get back to grand battle.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,699 posts
19,398 battles

I thoroughly enjoy playing bronze and rank out each season; gotta love T7 ranked. Gave silver a shot and ranked out but the salt was quite intense. Got to play some cruisers that I enjoy since they were all top tier but man I encountered some really angry people on occasion. Overall though, more positive than negative but definitely didn't go for the gold. 

shot-21_06.13_14_02.11-0848.thumb.jpg.6f3ee1607d4e5afb1b50b19ad17c3755.jpg

Oh and this guy, who ended up lowest on the team in an Alaska, had a 46% win rate. I don't run MMM but this guy suicided and then complained about the team until I blacklisted him so I looked him up after the match. I figured with all of his talk he was a unicorn or something, but nope, just one of us regular win rate folks. 

Edited by Jolly_Rodgered

[DVYJC]
Members
4,420 posts
11,786 battles

Lots of folks staying in Bronze or Silver rather than qualifying into Silver or Gold. I also really like this feature, it really sorts people into the skill level they want to play at.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles

Just using Bronze to grind out some t6/7 ships at this point, cause why not.

2 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Oh and this guy, who ended up lowest on the team in an Alaska, had a 46% win rate. I don't run MMM but this guy suicided and then complained about the team until I blacklisted him so I looked him up after the match. I figured with all of his talk he was a unicorn or something, but nope, just one of us regular win rate folks. 

Usually the people who talk like that will be people who don't contribute themselves, like mr 46%. The vast majority of whiners I see in matches are people below the average (which is ~48% nowadays).

[BEA5T]
Members
5,413 posts
25,197 battles

I stopped at 4 because I ran out of rewards.....  Love Tier's 6 & 7 but, getting to Rank without any rewards just doesn't make any sense.  I'm playing Ranked for Steel........  No steel = no play.  So, why continue with 7 or 8 additional matches to rank out of Bronze and all of the hassles of non-locked in gates???  

Bronze is all I'll ever do unless they change the progression system (locked in gates) and rewards to cover the entire effort.