You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

ENOUGH with 4DDs in PvE!!!

250 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles

It wasn't bad enough you crippled the CVs that play PvE, now you keep throwing 4 DDs into a battle that (1) robs BBs and CLs of pretty much ALL kills and (2) makes playing DDs no fun too. You keep clumping DDs together and nobody can have any fun. Fix your dam MM before you release any more goofy BB-CV ships that nobody wants.

• Cool 15
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 7

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,703 posts
6,746 battles
4 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

before you release any more goofy BB-CV ships that nobody wants.

Try not to speak for others you do not know.  Ise has been one of the most requested ships since WoWS launched.  Based on the number of them I see in matches it is safe to assume it has sold very well for WG.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Try not to speak for others you do not know.  Ise has been one of the most requested ships since WoWS launched.  Based on the number of them I see in matches it is safe to assume it has sold very well for WG.

Honestly that sentence about hybrids is about the only thing i disagree with xD

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
14,151 posts
20,608 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

before you release any more goofy BB-CV ships that nobody wants.

I dont get your logic... You hate DDs but you want less BBs and CVs... The objective here is MORE BBs and CVs not less.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles

CLs?

Slow CAs maybe...but once a DD spots most CLs can rip most of the HP off a bot before DDs can even get into torp range.

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles
47 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Ise has been a bit so-so in Co-op, but Tone has been a great cruiser. Oh-so-lovely tight shell drops, with the gun mounts so close together.

10 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

CLs?

Slow CAs maybe...but once a DD spots most CLs can rip most of the HP off a bot before DDs can even get into torp range.

Pretty much this.

Or with anything but carriers.

How I play Co-op usually gets me wins, unless the rest of the Greens, humans and/or bots, all die so fast it winds up five or six to one... :Smile_ohmy:

[META_]
Members
1,837 posts
18,976 battles

So 5 BBs are bad per matxh...2 CVS are bad per match 4 DDs are bad per matxh...just haven't seen 3-5radars per team lately,lol....we don't have a million people online at once....you gotta accept there will be blood and be happy with it

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts

I think it's a fair point.  DD heavy matches shorten already short matches.  Nobody wins.  I don't think WG cares though.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 6

[SALVO]
Members
26,582 posts
31,419 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

It wasn't bad enough you crippled the CVs that play PvE, now you keep throwing 4 DDs into a battle that (1) robs BBs and CLs of pretty much ALL kills and (2) makes playing DDs no fun too. You keep clumping DDs together and nobody can have any fun. Fix your dam damn MM before you release any more goofy BB-CV ships that nobody wants.

You must not pay attention to this forum that much.  People were begging WG to do the Ise hybrid.

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

...unless the rest of the Greens, humans and/or bots, all die so fast it winds up five or six to one... :Smile_ohmy:

Ooo...those are the best for kill missions...

But not the greatest when all you're trying to do is knock the last 87 BXP off when you got 1,113 BXP out of the 1,200 BXP daily mission that last battle...

Especially annoying when they throw a green CV in the mix...which does nothing to end the game quicker but makes you have to waste all that extra time to chase the red CV down at the end...

Yet again...sigh 😔

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Especially annoying when they throw a green CV in the mix...which does nothing to end the game quicker but makes you have to waste all that extra time to chase the red CV down at the end...

What annoys me the most in respect to CVs in Co-op, is knowing you can beat all the remaining bots that much faster, if not for the mosquitos that keep buzzing around every minute or so and spotting you; and of course the bot ships all ‘magically’ have their guns pointed right at you…

[OGF]
Members
428 posts
7,929 battles
5 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Fix your dam MM before you release any more goofy BB-CV ships that nobody wants.

Well, you may not want Ise and I respect that.  She's not for everyone.  But I absolutely love that goofy bote and she was worth every penny.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,624 posts
16,055 battles

I've seen a few 5 dd matches since the patch. Super fun if you are the lone BB or CV. And by fun I mean you are getting 150 base xp if you're lucky. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,643 battles

Yep @GandalfTehGray a 5 DD match in Vermont is not an experience I want to have. In the last couple of days I've had 7 CA, 5 BB, 6BB, 5DD matches the only ones I didn't enjoy were the 5DD ones. I rarely play DDs, despite it being my best class according to my numbers, so when I turn up in my slow [edited]BB and I see 5 DDs in the line up I'm not a happy chappie. In a HE spewing CA I'm  a slightly happier chappie but not by much, SAP cruiser I'm almost smiling... that is until the bot DDs start their Seppuku tactics.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles
44 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I don't get it. Isn't this a function of the ship selection of the people queueing for PvE, not WG?

If you get into games with all humans, it is.  There are times when MM fills slots with bot DDs.

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,216 battles

I like DD-heavy battles. Splatting them with a battleship is a rewarding experience.

• Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
2,449 posts
6,828 battles

Just wanted to REMIND people commenting, this is about PvE, NOT PvP.  Thanks to those who mentioned 5 DDs in a battle. I've been lucky and not experienced that YET. In PvE, the maximum DDs should be 3. Less if possible. This benefits both DD players and other players. DD players get a better chance at sinking larger ships, and other players don't have all the ships sunk before they can get into range. Look...I got no problems with WG releasing more ships. But NOT until they fix the numerous problems that currently exist in the game. For instance, the most hated class in PvP is the CV. Yet in PvE, it is the most harmless and useless ship you can play. They rarely sink anything and are mainly used by humans to farm aircraft damage. 

• Cool 1

Members
950 posts
220 battles
8 hours ago, Deputy276 said:

Just wanted to REMIND people commenting, this is about PvE, NOT PvP.  Thanks to those who mentioned 5 DDs in a battle. I've been lucky and not experienced that YET. In PvE, the maximum DDs should be 3. Less if possible. This benefits both DD players and other players. DD players get a better chance at sinking larger ships, and other players don't have all the ships sunk before they can get into range. Look...I got no problems with WG releasing more ships. But NOT until they fix the numerous problems that currently exist in the game. For instance, the most hated class in PvP is the CV. Yet in PvE, it is the most harmless and useless ship you can play. They rarely sink anything and are mainly used by humans to farm aircraft damage. 

And I would like to remind people that there are 2 parts to the title of this post i.e. 4 DDs in PvE.

While the topic (from you) is DDs, and I'm not disagreeing with you, the other part of the title can also be examined which also solves the problem you have highlighted.

I feel sad (but not disappointed) that 4 readers didn't see this as:

'Problem: A + B" so let's only fix part A.  Where A = 4 DDs and B = PvE.

• Boring 3

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

DD players reaction to this 

CZgeF0a.jpg

Yes you should limit DDs in coop :Smile_hiding:

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

wg heard we don't like 4 dd matches so now they have given us 5, that way 4 doesn't seem so bad any more...

• Haha 1

[DOG]
Members
869 posts
14,947 battles
On 6/23/2021 at 1:12 AM, GandalfTehGray said:

I've seen a few 5 dd matches since the patch. Super fun if you are the lone BB or CV. And by fun I mean you are getting 150 base xp if you're lucky. 

Yes, I had one this morning with 5 DDs as well. Thought there was supposed to be a 4 DD a-side limit.