You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Muffy

Game keeps crashing after update

4 comments in this topic

[WOOKY]
Members
9 posts
12,670 battles

Hi all,

I've got a problem with frequent game crashes, with a small popup window saying the game has crashed and inviting me to restart. While I've had client crashes in the past, they've been pretty rare. 

Yesterday, which was the first day I'd played in about five days, the game was crashing during matches as much as twice per match. I ran the WG diagnostics on it and it recommended that I delete some files (all old Aslain files - I haven't used mods in several years), which I did, but it didn't improve anything. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. This has made the crashes less frequent, but they're still happening, three times in the last hour. The last crash was as I returned to port following a battle, but the others have all been during battles. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening? I'm not seeing a lot of talk about crashing, so I don't know how common this problem is right now. 

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_11-46-15.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_12-12-27.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_12-43-57.crash

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
2 hours ago, Muffy said:

Hi all,

I've got a problem with frequent game crashes, with a small popup window saying the game has crashed and inviting me to restart. While I've had client crashes in the past, they've been pretty rare. 

Yesterday, which was the first day I'd played in about five days, the game was crashing during matches as much as twice per match. I ran the WG diagnostics on it and it recommended that I delete some files (all old Aslain files - I haven't used mods in several years), which I did, but it didn't improve anything. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client. This has made the crashes less frequent, but they're still happening, three times in the last hour. The last crash was as I returned to port following a battle, but the others have all been during battles. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what's happening? I'm not seeing a lot of talk about crashing, so I don't know how common this problem is right now. 

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_11-46-15.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_12-12-27.crash

WorldOfWarships64-2021-06-22_12-43-57.crash

Are you using the WGC Client version of WOWS OR Are you using the steam version of the client ?

[WOOKY]
Members
9 posts
12,670 battles
On 6/22/2021 at 3:07 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Are you using the WGC Client version of WOWS OR Are you using the steam version of the client ?

WGC client version.

[WORX]
Members
14,124 posts
20,570 battles
20 hours ago, Muffy said:

WGC client version.

Lets start with the basic troubleshooting protocols. Did you

• Check with your ISP web site for disruptions in your area or any other service related advisement ?
    • If you have DSL
      • Did you check/change your splitter from your jack?
    • IF you use Cable
      • You're screwed, your ISP determines your bandwidth and it can change at their leisure.
  • Restart the following equipment w/o the power cord for 5 min??(its recommended to do this altogether).
    • Modem
    • PC
    • Router
      • IF  your ISP allows you to or they do it remotely

THen do a WGC "check and repair" and then start the game...

If by doing above you dont have any crashes... Good...

If it continues...

1. Remove mods...
  2. Update your drivers
    • GPU
    • CPU
    • Bios
      • Make sure you do not use the automatic install... Use the Manual installation only.
  3. Do the steps of the second bulletin on the first half of this post...

I think that is about nails it... Let us know if it worked...

Edited by Navalpride33