You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

A really annoying problem

35 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

About one in 3-5 times I use free look, it throws my view 180s. For example, I'm watching 30 degrees port when do free look. Well, this annoyance will have me looking at my starboard and rotating my MB and torps.

WG when is this getting addressed? Rather like free look.

• Cool 7

[GT3]
Members
220 posts
8,157 battles

I have this issue as well.. While in free look it will change the aimpoint 180deg.. Only happens when not locked on to anything.

[AAA]
Members
253 posts
20,675 battles

I always figured it was just something peculiar to my system. I have this issue too. It has been happening for years. 

Edited by xXUglykidXx

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles

Have the same issue often and since I started playing so I'm guessing it isn't high on WGs "To-Do" list.

[SLDR]
Members
332 posts
13,907 battles

I encountered this last night. For a moment I thought I was crazy, thinking I must have been disoriented. But since I was in the middle of a close quarter fight, I ignored it and moved on, and totally forgot about it until I see this message now.

[SLDR]
Members
332 posts
13,907 battles

Now I am motivated to go home tonight and find the replay from that battle, and see how the turrets actually traversed when viewing the ship from the free camera mode.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,750 battles

This one should be in the bug reports section. Letting @Hapa_Fodder know about it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
23,008 battles

This one has been around five years and counting, unless there's another new version of it now...

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles

Yeah. So frustrating. In sow turning turrets, they turn and I don't notice, you they aren't on target when it counts. This glitch has gotten me killed numerous times.

[CVA16]
Members
6,743 posts
20,805 battles

It is definitely disorienting. Kind of a "Where'd everybody  go?" moment. I do believe the guns will start to turn to the new view so may have to reacquire the target when you turn back. Normally 5 seconds or so to get them back on target depending on how quickly you realize what has happened and spin the view back to where you want it.

[CNO]
Members
6,746 posts
20,211 battles

Is this a bug that occurs under both free look settings?  I forgot the actual settings.  I believe the default auto yanks you back.  The other keeps you where you're looking.  I always have it set for the latter and have never had an issue.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Never have had that bug. Tho I'm having one rather annoying with spotter plane up, whenever I switch from normal view to zoom reticle, my aiming point gets centered like 10 kms beyond my actual aim point and target.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

I dont use free look so it does not impact me.

The one thing that does get me is the rudder slamming full over when taking damage. That causes more problems than anything.

[GGWP]
Members
7,634 posts
18,364 battles
22 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Never have had that bug. Tho I'm having one rather annoying with spotter plane up, whenever I switch from normal view to zoom reticle, my aiming point gets centered like 10 kms beyond my actual aim point and target.

That's actually not a bug, if you are looking at your max range with your reticle, it will show you your max range with the spotter plane. It's just more pronounced with spotter plane because of the viewing angle compared to normal zoomed in view. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles

I get it most matches, while frustrating it isn't game breaking and not being an every time thing is really hard to pin down.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

i watch flambass sail around and maintain fire on a target all the while using free look...  meanwhile i try it... and well yeah doesn't quite work out the same...

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

That's actually not a bug, if you are looking at your max range with your reticle, it will show you your max range with the spotter plane. It's just more pronounced with spotter plane because of the viewing angle compared to normal zoomed in view. 

I thought about that possibility but I don't remember having this same issue before . Works like this, with spotter plane up, select a target, go into zoom aim and line the shot, get out of zoom (target still selected), get back into zoom (target still selected) and aim point is now far far behind.  

[WPORT]
Members
11,000 posts
15,489 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

About one in 3-5 times I use free look, it throws my view 180s. For example, I'm watching 30 degrees port when do free look. Well, this annoyance will have me looking at my starboard and rotating my MB and torps.

I've had that phenomena happen in-game.

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,698 battles

I have definitely ran into this, every session numerous times. 
I press & hold down the right mouse button to enter “free look” for quick glances, and when I release the button, I discover the view is 180 opposite to where I was looking. In a BB this is really a big issue as the turrets were traversing the opposite of where I was looking the whole time I was in free mode.

[PVE]
Members
8,822 posts
25,144 battles
2 hours ago, Reymu said:

Are you referring to holding the right mouse button for free look (what I think you're referring to) or using the control X to lock turrets on a location?

360° turrets (guns & torps) can be fishy in their interpretation of the "quickest route to target"...especially as your maneuvering the ship while in free mode...this may be what you're experiencing?

A replay might help clarify exactly what's going on as a few seem to know what you're referring to but others have conjectured varying examples.

Personally I've had odd occurance happen in both examples so thus the confusion.

Beta Testers
1,023 posts
15,577 battles

Had it a bit more lately but it's been around for a while.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles
16 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Are you referring to holding the right mouse button for free look (what I think you're referring to) or using the control X to lock turrets on a location?

360° turrets (guns & torps) can be fishy in their interpretation of the "quickest route to target"...especially as your maneuvering the ship while in free mode...this may be what you're experiencing?

A replay might help clarify exactly what's going on as a few seem to know what you're referring to but others have conjectured varying examples.

Personally I've had odd occurance happen in both examples so thus the confusion.

Hold down RMB to glance around. Don't dare ctrl X since almost never need MB locked.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
16,273 battles

Aloha,

Lemme do some digging, I have had this happen before.:)

Mahalo,

-Hapa