You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RonJamesDio

Slava: Any tips or tricks?

10 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
329 posts
4,935 battles

I just picked up Slava. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers for using her. Good captain builds or particular equipment to use? 

She seems like a blast so far!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,058 posts
22,259 battles

Any build that gives you accuracy and concealment so you can sit at the back line and yeet max range salvoes all game long. That's the only thing she's good at.

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

Slava is a good ship.

He (Russian Ships are He) is not a barroom brawler. The armor wont last.

What the Lert said is absolutely right. Sit at 30 miles and sink em. Most of them cruisers cannot shoot back at you anyway as you work from the squishiest up to the hardases.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,935 posts
22,945 battles

Look at where all the other battleships on your team AREN'T going, and go there. Then when the enemy angles to them, shoot them in the side from across the map.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
329 posts
4,935 battles

Damn, this ship is insanely accurate. Absurdly so. Her AP is brutal against pretty much anything. She seems like fun, which is what I care most about in my ships. I hit a broadside Thunderer earlier for 60,000 dmg in one broadside at 24km's, it was hilariously good fun!

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts

There is a video on Reddit wows where a BB got dev struck and sunk outright in the beginning of a game. Not sure if it was a slava firing or not. Worth a visit.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles

Yuro can show you how to Slava :Smile_popcorn:

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,896 posts
10,561 battles
6 hours ago, Edgecase said:

Look at where all the other battleships on your team AREN'T going, and go there. Then when the enemy angles to them, shoot them in the side from across the map.

This.  Its all about setting up crossfires.  The shell velocity should allow for some semi-comfortable leading at long ranges.  Usually, this works best firing across flanks.  So for example if you divide the map into thirds:  Center, Left, Right, you fire into the flank section next to you at range.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
6,704 battles
6 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Slava is a good ship.

He (Russian Ships are He) is not a barroom brawler. The armor wont last.

What the Lert said is absolutely right. Sit at 30 miles and sink em. Most of them cruisers cannot shoot back at you anyway as you work from the squishiest up to the hardases.

I've been told that Russian ships are He or She depending on the name of the ship.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,863 posts
52 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I've been told that Russian ships are He or She depending on the name of the ship.

Yes and those of us Americans are not yet on the little nuances of the Russian Langauge.

I rather call a Russian Ship Admiral Ballski a He rather than nueter and offend it by calling it a her.

In our navy the ships are a royal [edited]. Needy and demanding everything.