Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shomaruki

Just scrap Rocket Planes (HERE ME OUT)

21 comments in this topic

[AWOW]
Members
320 posts
690 battles

Look I get that they removed the RTS CV method and gave us rocket planes. The game went from CV vs CV to just CV become annoying. Back then my Logic was if an enemy ship got into firing distance of me that was my own fault. I use to constantly move my CV according to where I scouted DDs with my fighters and so forth. When rocket planes came into play I did my duty to at least find DDs and scare them into deploying their smoke early so they couldn't use it for later. Did I ever take shots at them? If I knew they weren't going to attempt to dodge it. (You can tell between a good DD captain and a Bad one very quickly)

I don't see why we can't have the best of BOTH worlds with a Hybrid System of The RTS and manual. Allowing CV Captains to deploy multiple planes at once to a location on the map, and Press 1, 2, 3 to switch between the units to manually attack ships. With the exception of the fights who would always be considered RTS. I would GLADLY give up my rocket planes just to be able to control fighters again. I miss having them being able to hover over a ship and follow them. If anything we should be allowed to do that again and instead they also act as a buff in defense against other planes. If some get into proximity they detach formation off ship and go attack or scare off the other planes.

DD captain's hate us, I get it Just as I hate DDs IF they manage to sneak up on me by hugging the walls of the map. It's rare situation but I don't get butt hurt over it, I accept the fact that they are basically like the assassins of an MMO, they do heavy damage at the cost of being glass cannons. (That's my logic to explain them anyway) However I shouldn't get punished trying to defend myself if I catch one out in the open near me. Unless I'm a German CV really close range isn't going to do much for me. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
79 posts
53 battles

Well that would mean that this rework was a complete failure.

I mean it is but try to get WG to admit that good luck. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,718 battles

But removal of rocket planes means indomitable would only carry HE bombs :( can’t have a cv with 1 type of bird! 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,662 posts
24,721 battles

Remove Indomitable, too!

• Haha 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,529 battles
16 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Remove Indomitable, too!

Nah! Give her the American planes she used in the Pacific, Corsairs and Avengers. That will trim her down to size.

• Cool 2

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
115 posts
8,718 battles
23 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Nah! Give her the American planes she used in the Pacific, Corsairs and Avengers. That will trim her down to size.

Nooo need to keep them fast birds she has now with high hp! 

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,586 posts
14,031 battles
1 hour ago, Shomaruki said:

Press 1, 2, 3 to switch between the units to manually attack ships. With the exception of the fights who would always be considered RTS. I would GLADLY give up my rocket planes just to be able to control fighters again.

The rework was literally the creation of a client where the player is only in one place at a time.  While you can autopilot the hull while flying planes, the player isn't in 4 different spots at once and somehow juggling that knowledge in ther back of their head.

Multitasking is a highly specialized ability that some folks can do well at.  Most folks cannot.  The redesign of CV was to get away from the multitasking functions and streamline to a system that is intuitive and manager manageable for the majority of people that play.

[AWOW]
Members
320 posts
690 battles
42 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

The rework was literally the creation of a client where the player is only in one place at a time.  While you can autopilot the hull while flying planes, the player isn't in 4 different spots at once and somehow juggling that knowledge in ther back of their head.

Multitasking is a highly specialized ability that some folks can do well at.  Most folks cannot.  The redesign of CV was to get away from the multitasking functions and streamline to a system that is intuitive and manager manageable for the majority of people that play.

I agree with you 100%, The Key words was it being Specialized. The Key reason why you only have at max Two CVs on each team. If people can't handle the juggling of planes then it's a prime example they should go to another ship role or practice until they get better.  They are meant to be more than just "Point-click" Logic.  I always use to see CV as a chess game now it's more of a "I'm going to be wait for my big brother to fight someone and when that guy is distracted I'm going to come behind with a big stick and throw in a few cheap shots." 

CV went from being threats to the guy getting sloppy seconds or playing clean up. 

[-KA-]
Members
161 posts
5,391 battles
2 hours ago, Shomaruki said:

Look I get that they removed the RTS CV method and gave us rocket planes. The game went from CV vs CV to just CV become annoying. Back then my Logic was if an enemy ship got into firing distance of me that was my own fault. I use to constantly move my CV according to where I scouted DDs with my fighters and so forth. When rocket planes came into play I did my duty to at least find DDs and scare them into deploying their smoke early so they couldn't use it for later. Did I ever take shots at them? If I knew they weren't going to attempt to dodge it. (You can tell between a good DD captain and a Bad one very quickly)

I don't see why we can't have the best of BOTH worlds with a Hybrid System of The RTS and manual. Allowing CV Captains to deploy multiple planes at once to a location on the map, and Press 1, 2, 3 to switch between the units to manually attack ships. With the exception of the fights who would always be considered RTS. I would GLADLY give up my rocket planes just to be able to control fighters again. I miss having them being able to hover over a ship and follow them. If anything we should be allowed to do that again and instead they also act as a buff in defense against other planes. If some get into proximity they detach formation off ship and go attack or scare off the other planes.

DD captain's hate us, I get it Just as I hate DDs IF they manage to sneak up on me by hugging the walls of the map. It's rare situation but I don't get butt hurt over it, I accept the fact that they are basically like the assassins of an MMO, they do heavy damage at the cost of being glass cannons. (That's my logic to explain them anyway) However I shouldn't get punished trying to defend myself if I catch one out in the open near me. Unless I'm a German CV really close range isn't going to do much for me. 

@Shomaruki Hear (to hear sounds), not here (place)...  

• Thanks 1

[-KA-]
Members
161 posts
5,391 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

Are you kidding me?  The entire reason, gone over ad nauseum prior to and after the CV rebork from RTS, was so that WG could market a streamlined one button, one flight console version AND not some overbearing multitasking nonsense... Wow -  talk about spin control or just being out of touch.  How hard is it to click on three, four, items on a computer??  

So now, because of this, we continue to have no counter-air missions.  No more Taiho with its interceptors going out to destroy enemy bomber formations; or Ryujo's with 3-1-1 going out to consistently deny any enemy CV attack -- all in the pursuit of encouraging boring, no skill, Zaxxon-like arcade limited one flight controls.  <blech>

• Thanks 1

[EURUS]
Members
31 posts
2,252 battles
4 hours ago, Shomaruki said:

Olha, eu entendi que eles removeram o método RTS CV e nos deram aviões-foguete. O jogo passou de CV vs CV para apenas CV e tornou-se irritante. Naquela época, minha lógica era se um navio inimigo se aproximasse de mim, isso era minha própria culpa. Eu costumo mudar meu currículo constantemente de acordo com o local em que observei DDs com meus lutadores e assim por diante. Quando os aviões-foguete entraram em ação, cumpri meu dever de pelo menos encontrar DDs e assustá-los para que soltassem sua fumaça mais cedo para que não pudessem usá-la mais tarde. Eu alguma vez tirei fotos com eles? Se eu soubesse que eles não iriam tentar se esquivar. (Você pode dizer entre um bom capitão DD e um Mau muito rapidamente)

Não vejo por que não podemos ter o melhor de AMBOS os mundos com um Sistema Híbrido do RTS e manual. Permitindo que os capitães de CV implantem vários aviões ao mesmo tempo em um local no mapa, e pressione 1, 2, 3 para alternar entre as unidades para atacar manualmente as naves. Com exceção das lutas que sempre seriam consideradas RTS. Eu DESISTIRIA COM AGORA de meus aviões-foguete apenas para ser capaz de controlar os caças novamente. Sinto falta de que eles possam pairar sobre um navio e segui-los. Devíamos ter permissão para fazer isso de novo e, em vez disso, eles também agem como um buff na defesa contra outros aviões. Se alguns se aproximarem, eles destacam a formação do navio e vão atacar ou assustar os outros aviões.

Os capitães de DD nos odeiam, eu entendo Assim como odeio DDs SE eles conseguirem se aproximar sorrateiramente de mim abraçando as paredes do mapa. É uma situação rara, mas eu não fico chateado com isso, eu aceito o fato de que eles são basicamente como os assassinos de um MMO, eles causam muitos danos ao custo de serem canhões de vidro. (Essa é a minha lógica para explicá-los de qualquer maneira) No entanto, eu não deveria ser punido tentando me defender se eu pegar um ao ar livre perto de mim. A menos que eu seja um currículo alemão muito próximo, isso não vai fazer muito por mim. 

The move from RTS to this one now has many good points. The rework was necessary because how would you go about putting the management that you had in a CV in a Console for example?... It would be very complicated. Also the skill gap between CV players at the time of RTS was very large, often you would take a beginner player against an Extremely skilled one. And he usually destroyed the beginner's CV. Especially with the mechanics of the Fighting Fighters... I particularly wouldn't adopt the Fighters back. But RTS Mode does. Because I believe that most people fell in love with the CV was precisely because of that, it was very tactical and management. But it is impossible for them to come back. If they do, we would have another problem, which would be the AAs. they couldn't be as strong as they are now... And you see... in RTS the CVs were the horror. a good CV player at the time was almost unstoppable. mostly with 2 squads at the same time. that would turn the current game into Hell and DD players would beg as hard as they could to be nerfed. But I admit it would be much better than how it is today.

The problem with DDs today is that the community tends to be quite toxic, hating CVs for the fact that we hunt them all the time. And a CV and a ship that is deadly to the solo player. The DD community generally plays solo all the time. They are easy targets and extremely important to us. The problem of the great mass of people who play DDs is precisely that. They want "almost total independence" from the team... to do what they want and end up with a CV. A Legitimate Solitary Ship Killer. You see... I'm tired of saying this. The main weakness of a CV is a united team. Split the team and you are offering your team almost on a tray... but the players refuse to listen.

Hate is simply born out of it. a CV that shouldn't be exposed. expose them, in addition to exposing them attack with high damage. Just what they cause. They hate it!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Members
1,600 posts
2,011 battles

You say that'd you'd like to exchange dedicated fighters for ones without ordnance. But you're not telling me why I should like it.

[F4E]
Members
449 posts
7,078 battles
2 hours ago, Ahskance said:

They could introduce fighters and counter air missions in an easy one click manner though.

Have you CV immediately launch fighters (their CAP).  When a friendly ship uses the quick command "I need AA support", the CV player could simply hit acknowledge and his CAP would fly over them.

Or, while clicking points on the map for autopilot, and one more button click for the CAP to circle a place on the map.

[LOVE]
[LOVE]
Members
118 posts
16,550 battles

I was trying to make a similar point the other day how CV wasn't just sinking other ships, it was about air domination and sinking other ships. A carriers main opponent should always have been the other carrier just like a destroyers main opponent is the other DD trying to take the cap. To think, every battle that was fought, every island that was taken, every carrier that was sunk was to ensure air domination and you can only poop fighters that barely make a good decoy.

My biggest disappointment for CV thou was when they got rid of Midways jet fighters, it's not like they couldn't have given the Japs the Nakajima Kikka. It was something to grind for, but I stuck it out and had Essex and Taiho before the rework. One of my most memorable matches was ramming a Missouri who thought he had me cornered in my Essex.

Maybe instead of scrapping rockets they should just change the role to fighter squadron and finish the World of Warplanes take over, but keep the rockets as a low outcome consumable for the fighter squadron. They could easily buff the pay out for aircraft shot down with aircraft and bring back the Air Superiority medal.

• Thanks 1

[EURUS]
Members
31 posts
2,252 battles
5 minutes ago, Fallschirmfuchs said:

Eu estava tentando fazer um ponto semelhante outro dia, como CV não estava apenas afundando outros navios, era sobre dominação do ar e afundamento de outros navios. Um oponente principal do porta-aviões deveria sempre ter sido o outro porta-aviões, assim como um oponente principal do contratorpedeiro é o outro DD tentando tirar o limite. Para pensar, cada batalha que foi travada, cada ilha que foi tomada, cada porta-aviões que foi afundado era para garantir o domínio do ar e você só pode fazer cocô em caças que mal são uma boa isca.

Minha maior decepção para CV tu foi quando eles se livraram dos caças a jato da Midways, não é como se eles não pudessem ter dado aos japoneses o Nakajima Kikka. Era algo pelo que triturar, mas eu agarrei e peguei Essex e Taiho antes do retrabalho. Uma das minhas partidas mais memoráveis foi abalroar um Missouri que pensava ter me encurralado no Essex.

Talvez em vez de abandonar os foguetes, eles devessem apenas mudar o papel para esquadrão de caça e terminar o controle do World of Warplanes, mas manter os foguetes como um resultado baixo consumível para o esquadrão de caça. Eles poderiam facilmente aumentar o pagamento por aeronaves abatidas com aeronaves e trazer de volta a medalha de Superioridade Aérea.

At RTS it was just that. CV vs CV... ships didn't usually interfere in this battle, it used to be pretty dangerous for them. But I find it difficult to abandon rockets today. The community ended up liking them a lot. I particularly wish we could choose a type of aircraft to equip. For example Imagine having specialized aircraft available just for reconnaissance? would be a great help to the team. But today I believe they withdraw. they will have to deal with the damage and even the reticulation of torpedoes and bombers as they would be the main ones to be used. I believe they should become more precise, at least on the question of bombers.

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
3 hours ago, Ahskance said:

It wasn't so much the multitasking that was a problem for most... it's that the strafing mechanic was not intuitive or explained in any way in the client & most didn't even know it existed...

So therefore were not able to use it so they easily got deplaned...but not because the multitasking was hard...it was easy actually (w/a bit of practice)... it's just strafing & manual attacks were an unknown hidden mechanic that only a small percentage of the player base were even aware existed.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[AWOW]
Members
320 posts
690 battles
38 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It wasn't so much the multitasking that was a problem for most... it's that the strafing mechanic was not intuitive or explained in any way in the client & most didn't even know it existed...

So therefore were not able to use it so they easily got deplaned...but not because the multitasking was hard...it was easy actually... it's just strafing & manual attacks were am unknown hidden mechanic that only a small percentage of the player base were even aware existed.

Having two sets of torp planes staf dropping from both ends of a ship always got the blood flowing. 

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
11 minutes ago, Shomaruki said:

Having two sets of torp planes staf dropping from both ends of a ship always got the blood flowing. 

Yep... the dreaded cross drop...

Always fun to be on the receiving end of...but not always a guaranteed trip back to port as many launched too close & cutting into 1 set could often negate them before they armed.

[ANKER]
Members
20 posts
9,763 battles

I want them to bring back the odd tier CVs as support CVs in the rts style with reduced strike squads, the old fighters maybe without the strafe mechanic and varied support consumables like a smoke screen or maybe a hydro buoy.

[EURUS]
Members
31 posts
2,252 battles
6 hours ago, aster1 said:

I want them to bring back the odd tier CVs as support CVs in the rts style with reduced strike squads, the old fighters maybe without the strafe mechanic and varied support consumables like a smoke screen or maybe a hydro buoy.

One day a friend commented to me that they would probably bring the odd CVs. As a support CV for combat against submarines. I do not know if it's true.

Sign in to follow this