Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Are the 165 Hz refresh rate monitors not supported anymore?

3 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,944 posts
21,900 battles

With the 10.5 update I am noticing that my FPS rate has been clipped to 75 FPS rate. Normally you can edit the C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\bin\<latest release number>\res\engine_config

Edit the config file from

<maxFrameRate>75</maxFrameRate>

to

<maxFrameRate>165</maxFrameRate>

The default is 75 Hz. You would then change the refresh rate to your monitor's refresh rate. Mine is 165 Hz.

However, with the 10.5 update the FPS rate would stay at 75 FPS in WoWS after the edit. It was only when I spotted an earlier release engine_config file that I change the monitor refresh rate to 165 Hz that I can see the FPS difference.

• Other improvements and changes. For a complete list, please refer to Player Support.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/33375/

This link comes up with 404 error page not found. So my question is, has something change with the last update not documented? Is anyone else noticing what I am seeing?

refresh rate.jpg

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

75 FPS has been the built in limit forever, editing that file has always worked when I've tried it. I haven't bothered in a bit because I really don't notice a difference and it's a pain to change it every patch. As far as I know that wasn't changed in 10.5. Maybe double check your edit saved? And make sure your computer can actually push more than 75 FPS.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
584 posts
13,711 battles

It is in the RES or RES updatr folder under the higher numbered folder. You will find the engine.ini to edit. 

That is off the top of my head.

Sign in to follow this