Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aimee02

Commander question: can UK captains go into Commonwealth ships?

12 comments in this topic

[LWOP]
Members
3 posts
485 battles

Title asks it.

So I just finished my Dunkirk collection, and Cpt/Cmdr Jack Dunkirk has his 10 points for.... I haven't figured out yet what to put him in.

Also, I am one (token? card?) item away from fully completing my Rise of Cap, so I'll have Cap, too, with 10 points to go into... something.

Can UK commanders go into Commonwealth ships?

Trying to justify buying a premium ship if I have to, even if it means dismissing a 3-point captain from said ship to put one of these 10-pointers into

So,  are UK commanders only usable in UK ships, or can I put Dunkirk or Cap into a Commonwealth ship?

Thanks, anybody.

[PVE]
Members
8,822 posts
25,144 battles
8 minutes ago, Aimee02 said:

Title asks it.

So I just finished my Dunkirk collection, and Cpt/Cmdr Jack Dunkirk has his 10 points for.... I haven't figured out yet what to put him in.

Also, I am one (token? card?) item away from fully completing my Rise of Cap, so I'll have Cap, too, with 10 points to go into... something.

Can UK commanders go into Commonwealth ships?

Trying to justify buying a premium ship if I have to, even if it means dismissing a 3-point captain from said ship to put one of these 10-pointers into

So,  are UK commanders only usable in UK ships, or can I put Dunkirk or Cap into a Commonwealth ship?

Thanks, anybody.

Sorry...but unfortunately no...they are categorized as seperate "nations" in the tech tree.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Yeb, only commonwealth can go into commonwealth ships. 

[SCCC]
WoWS Community Contributors
953 posts
18,086 battles

Alas no they cannot as others have said. 

It would be a lovely perk of the commonwealth vessels though as captains from the UK served on Commonwealth vessels and vice versa.

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles

Yeah, that be a no.

That is why some of us are clamoring for more distinct captains.

I suggested MacGyver, but WG seems to think he is too manly and although he will sell like crazy, it is not the business model they want.

WG: "No Manly Men. It hurts the feelings of men in game. Having a captain that looks great in a flannel shirt, plays hockey 🏒, may swoon some of the ladies with his sultry voice, repair the ship he is on with just a Swiss Army knife, and makes a certain president look like a baby when Mac takes his shirt off; absolutely goes against WG's idea of fun and engaging."

*Canadians just wanted a cool guy.

But knowing WG, we might get Justin Bieber instead. Oh, the horror.😱

Make Canada Great again, give them MacGyver!😎

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[ARGSY]
Members
25,148 posts
19,146 battles
47 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

*Canadians just wanted a cool guy.

Alas, one of the major 20th Century candidates for Canada's greatest warrior was an infantryman (Arthur Currie, who finished WW1 as the commander of the Canadian Corps on the Western Front). Not really suited to this game!

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,268 battles

I am the obvious choice for a the elite Commonwealth commander.

Usable in carriers only...

[TAZ]
Members
941 posts

No,  they are not interchangeable Still waiting for an Indian (not Native American) avatar for the Mysore. 

[LWOP]
Members
3 posts
485 battles

ok, thanks everybody, that answers that.....

Now since Haida's gone, I'll have to figure some other ship out there to grab up..... 

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,695 battles
1 hour ago, Nutaz said:

No,  they are not interchangeable Still waiting for an Indian (not Native American) avatar for the Mysore. 

Yup. They should really consider getting an Indian captain. The Indian Navy is also a great option for a premium CV, an ex-British carrier.

Edited by SuperComm4

[RVNHQ]
Members
460 posts
12,575 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Alas, one of the major 20th Century candidates for Canada's greatest warrior was an infantryman (Arthur Currie, who finished WW1 as the commander of the Canadian Corps on the Western Front). Not really suited to this game!

Harry DeWolf would be an excellent candidate for a Commonwealth commander.

Most likely WG will have Dasha dress up as a Mountie

Edited by Beleaf_

[ARGSY]
Members
25,148 posts
19,146 battles
12 minutes ago, Beleaf_ said:

Most likely WG will have Dasha dress up as a Mountie

:cap_haloween:

Alternative choices include Teddy Sheehan, who went down with his ship firing a 20mm Oerlikon to try to distract the attacking Japanese aircraft from strafing his fellow sailors in the water. Now that we already have a historical commander who was never more than an ordinary able seaman in real life (Leroy Jenkins), I think the foot could be in the door for Sheehan to get the nod... if, of course, his estate is disposed to being cooperative.

Sign in to follow this